Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ceramic Art Workstation original and advanced Edition (Edit 07-02-01 New cloning policy)

by Nadira Posted 7th Oct 2006 at 9:27 AM - Updated 23rd Dec 2007 at 2:23 PM by Nadira : Workstation - easier unpacking of original version

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 2:57 AM
Lovely work thank you very musch
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:54 AM
Wow. I wish I could push the "thanks" button a hundred times!

I was disappointed with the small number of crafting stations that Maxis gave us, and I'm thrilled to have another one. And it's especially wonderful, given that this wasn't something that you already knew how to do. I'm impressed!

I hope you have a wonderful glow of accomplishment -- you deserve it!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 5:47 PM
Mine didn't show up into the game.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Forum Resident
#79 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:51 AM
the raw vase (colored, $100) don't have the option to sell them. When I point my cursor to the table with the raw vase, it doesn't have any interaction.
Inventor
#80 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:49 AM
I'm so glad its updated, I tried to have a sim make vases and nothing happened. A question. Is it alright to retexture your vases for personal use? I love your shapes, but some of the coloures, while lovely, don't go as well with my normal decor schemes.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reyn
I'm so glad its updated, I tried to have a sim make vases and nothing happened. A question. Is it alright to retexture your vases for personal use? I love your shapes, but some of the coloures, while lovely, don't go as well with my normal decor schemes.

Since I have changed my cloning policy officially, you are very welcome to use the meshes to do retexturing not only for private use but also for uploading here at MTS2.
The only wish I have is that any newly designed vase that is used during the crafting process (i.e. that is made by a Sim when using the Workstation) should not be made available in the games´buy mode - since then the crafting would not make sense anymore.
If the vase is not used during the crafting process then it can be made available in buy mode like any other vase.
I am looking forward to your vases - in fact after changing the cloning policy I had hoped someone would start to work on the Workstation and the vases, since I myself am not what I consider a good texturer.
Inventor
#82 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:47 PM
Thanks! I'm trying to mess with a body mesh at the moment, but then I'll look and see what inspiration strikes.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
the raw vase (colored, $100) don't have the option to sell them. When I point my cursor to the table with the raw vase, it doesn't have any interaction.

Sorry I am late in answering - I have not been in recently.
To make the raw vases colorable was not intended in the beginning (I only wanted my Sims to be able to sell the raw vases) and was added as an afterthought. But I kept to the original idea - raw vases are an easy task and can be made by any Sim without any skills, so either the Sim sells them for the 75$ the raw vase brings (which is easy earned money in fact) or he decides he wants to keep it in his home and colours it. That´s just my personal fancy of playing this object, which in fact in the beginning was intended for personal use ony ....
But you can still sell the colored raw vases (simple vases) in a shop or in buy mode (which is just 3 mouseclicks more).
Forum Resident
#84 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 4:50 AM
Anyway your creations were so awesome. Thanks, Nadira.
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:49 PM
This is awesome, I just noticed it today. Thank you for your hard work!
RETROTROUT
#86 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 5:29 AM
this object is not compatible with seasons but it works with pets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#87 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by retrotrut
this object is not compatible with seasons but it works with pets

I have been playing it without any problems from the first day Seasons came out - see our screenshot (that´s no fake)!
I have all EPs installed and now also Glamour and recently FFS (the last only to be finally able to answer the question of compatibility).
Sometimes a new addon corrupts custom content already installed. I had this problem when I installed FFS. The problem was solved by removing all items of the Ceramic Workstation (including all vases) from the downloadsfolder and afterwards putting them in again - the game asked if the new custom content was to be accepted - yes -now everything is fine.

And - just a hint if you post a report here or anywhere else: Statements like "It doesn´t work" are not very helpful. You should at least explain WHAT happens oder doesn´t happen including Errorlogs if possible.
Instructor
#88 Old 19th May 2007 at 10:45 AM
Wow, really, that is quite amazing, superb work.

Retired...

kind of.
Not actually evil.
#89 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:53 AM
Perfect for pre-industrial age sims, Southwest sims, ancient sims! Super nifty! You show everyone that we all start as beginners but can create something great if we read the tutorials and work at it.
Scholar
#90 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:39 AM
Outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing this fantastic creation.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 7:13 AM
You're a genious. Thank you for a good object. I like it so much. ^O^
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 7:13 PM
it doesn't work for me, just takes the money
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 9:58 AM
do not download, because it does not work, i tried to contact this person but they ignored me
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 11:42 AM
I can't wait to try and use it in game. The fact that you knew nothing about what you were doing and came out with something so complex and complete and professionally done, I am very proud of you. Thank You for sharing to you and your Husband.

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#95 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 7:24 AM
I installed it as directed (opening the .rar files separately) and I am still having the same problem that others have mentioned here. The money for the materials subtracts from my sims account but nothing happens. The sim can't actually use the table. I am hoping that there will be some update for this item because I'd really like to be able to use it.

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on."
William S. Burroughs
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bintalshamsa
I installed it as directed (opening the .rar files separately) and I am still having the same problem that others have mentioned here. The money for the materials subtracts from my sims account but nothing happens. The sim can't actually use the table. I am hoping that there will be some update for this item because I'd really like to be able to use it.

Make sure that there's plenty of space around the table! Your sims can't use the table unless they have lots of room to work in. If I give them enough space, it works great for me.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:58 PM
Why can only men use it?

There is no spoon
Scholar
#98 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:27 PM
Wow, this must of taken awhile! Thanks.
Test Subject
#99 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:02 AM
I was wondering if it is still compatible with all expansions up to AL? Maxis gave us the pottery wheel in FT (***and wonders if there are Maxis aliens in the sky watching what gets created here for ideas to use***) but Id still like to be able to use this one as well, I like the feature of having mechanic and creativity in the same object with this one as well as the diversity of the objects created. I feel your workstation is more realistic considering pottery makers typically paint them after crafting.

Super job and super thanks!

Nobody can make Sims like mine unless you are as dumb as me! ;D
Test Subject
#100 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:22 AM
Hey Naidra! I always enjoyed using the manufactory! But I have AL now and it isn't working yet!? I'll try to download it again, maybe it works...
but will there be any compatible version?
thanks
Page 4 of 5