Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Sims cannot buy clothes
I've recently started having an unusual problem with my Sims 2 game. Every time I take a Sim downtown to buy clothing, they are unable to do so. I click on the clothing rack, it gives me the option to pick formal, everyday, etc. just like always, but when I pick an option, the icon just disappears instead of queueing at the top. It just kind of disappears on the way to the queue. I figured I had downloaded a hacked object that might be causing this, but the Clean Installer doesn't show any hacks. I was pretty sure I hadn't downloaded any hacked objects, but checked just to make sure and it isn't showing any. Has anyone had something like this happen or have any idea why it could be happening? I have a HUGE amount of clothing downloads, and could probably never pinpoint what exactly is causing this.

Melisssa
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 10:14 PM
Have you removed your downloads and checked to see if it still happens?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 11:20 PM
Just to follow White excellent advice, at what point could you buy clothes when you followed the tutorial required for posting? This should have solved it for you. Apparently, after following it, it didn't work( after removing downloads, user files and game files)..so you reinstalled. So, you are still having problems with a fresh reinstall?
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:Game_Problem

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:43 PM
I have same problem. I get option to try on clothes but not to buy.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:32 PM
Look up ^^ Do the tutorial.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.