Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lara Croft's Mansion - Film and Underworld Structure

by alessiae65 Posted 13th Jul 2009 at 11:33 PM

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
#26 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:03 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA this is great!!!Thanx :D
Forum Resident
#27 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 15th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Off topic. Please read the posting guidelines.
This looks amazing!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Field Researcher
#28 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:03 PM
this must of taken you ages ! you've done an awesome job, the little cemetery is such a nice touch

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by red_dragons
Umm, i not criticising, but the front of your mansion looks very different from the original. ie, the columns where the front door is are too wide apart on yours, also whats with all the statues? However, i know how difficult & frusterating it can be to recreate Lara's mansion, as i have tried & gave up!

Thank you for your comment
Yeah as I wrote in the topic I had some troubles to represent the real structure of the house with the sims building-mode.
The front of the house is built with a game of half-column set in the stone-walls (ok that's my fault, the picture I used is very dark so you can't see very well the structure), something impossible to do with The Sims, so I had to change something.

The Entrance is so wide because I had to set the two stairs in the same way of the game, maybe I should have set them closely but the sim would have meet problems and it wouldn't represent the greatness and the impressiveness of the game strairs view.

The Mansion should have been higher, there's something like a tower upon it ( I think it was something like a belfry, after all that side of the house was the old church of the Croft's Family, in fact there's still the great church below it - Underworld docet ) and I couldn't represent it in The sims for some reasions: 1. You can't build any floor further 2. You can't build so narrow "tower" upon that structure 3. you would have meet lots of problems with windows, arrangement of rooms-roof and with an important thing: general symmetry of that structure. In the way I've built maybe is not so similar to that pic but is symmetric as the real home is the pic. Dunno if I've explained good (sorry my english ...)

About the Statues: the home is full of statues don't forget that we are talking about a noble castle (Yes Richard James Croft JR and his father before him are nobles), maybe you can't see them in the front of the house but this way (I think) I've added some more greatness and impressiveness to the general structure!

Big hug to everyone !!!

Ale

----------------->>My Creations<<-----------------

.:: Alessia ::.
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:58 PM
wow......the detail level is amazing.it looks soo similar to the actual mansion.you did a wonderful job!=)
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:43 PM
WOW. I am a massive fan of Tomb Raider & Lara Croft, now all I need is a Lara Sim and my game will be complete. Some really, really, good work on this I can tell. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#32 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:18 PM
Wow, how amazing and beautiful!
I can definitely tell you put alot of work into making this.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Now I must make a Lara Croft sim for the mansion... muahahahah.

Keep up the AMAZING work!!!!!!!!!!<3
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:24 PM
Ow God that's just amazing O_O
Really nuce job O.O
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrinkBainne
It is a beautiful creation, but in my own opinion it's very different from the actual mansion. Too many differences for it to be recognizable as Croft Manor. That is just my harsh opinion though, as an avid Tomb Raider addict from the start, my standards are ridiculously high. Don't take offense!

I'm an avid TR fan as well, having played/owned all the games and movies, and I'd say that she has done a superb job in capturing Croft manor, especially the Underworld version of the manor. I haven't yet had a chance to download and look at it, but just from the screens, it's almost identical to Underworld's manor.

To the creator: great job! It looks great! Can't wait to use it. =D
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:33 AM
I dont know how is Lara house,but if I would be Lara, i would like to live in this palace.
Nice work,bravo!
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
I don't know anything about underworld but it looks awesome so I downloaded it anyways. very nice work. Thanks!
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:24 AM
cool! Thanks for making this. The Goth Family will be happy (gahh i have so many of them!)

I'm a huge fan of Tomb Raider and have played all of the games since 3 and 1/2 (yes, there is such a game!) and I like Underworld the best by far. The outside does look a whole lot like the one on the game. The inside resembles something more from Legend, though.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:10 AM
Great work. I am not sure I will be using it myself, as I do not play using female sims in my active household. As a TR player myself, it feels highly inappropriate for naughty male sims to be going around in their undies in Lara's "humble abode"! Someone should definitely create a sim that looks like Lara, and the other male sims that are Zip, Winston and Allister.
Test Subject
#39 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:22 AM
Well... as a fan of Tomb Raider and as I know the problem to be near of the model with the sims 3 items, I can say only one thing... You have done a really great job It's really impressive and you didn't forget the maze ^_^ !
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM
gorgeous house even though I don't know anything about Tr I will try running it in my game. twazzok try using the 3viewer to download houses works like a charm for me.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:35 PM
Really nice, lots of details and you captured the architecture really good.
I tried my hand of the Legend Manor some time ago, it was great fun to build.

As Tomb Raider fan this is a must dl for me, thanks!
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 10:29 AM
wow, thats amazing. great job.
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 12:21 AM
For the longest time I was hoping someone would make Lara Croft's Mansion and I'm so thrilled to see that you did! You really did a wonderful job. It turned out amazing! Thank you for this! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:33 PM Last edited by threedeesix : 20th Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM.
Thanks so much for this. I went to your home page and downloaded the other version as well. I like them so much I don't know which one I want to use more.

I just created a Lara Croft sim and uploaded it to the exchange. It's nothing special and was just made with base Sims 3 content so won't be uploaded here. But its based on the classic Tomb Raider outfit and does bare a resemblence to Angelina Jolie. If anyones looking for a Lara to move into the mansion until a better one comes along, feel to download her at http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=660828

Again, thanks so much for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:17 PM
its so much like the real thing i love it.
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:36 PM
Amazing!!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:05 AM
Excellent, my only slight issue would be the missplacement of the door, which is not entirely your fault, due to the developers messing it up in cutscenes and teasers and everything.

Other than that, Fantastic!
Test Subject
#48 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 7:34 AM
THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOUSE I HAVE EVEN SEEN!!!!! FOR ANY SIMS GAME, EVER, BAR NONE. The only comments I make is that there are too many statues/furnishings that drive the price up too high. That and I plan to delete the one basement room, the game can't handle basements too well, but I heard the first EP will fix that, adding up to four levels of basement. Oh, and I'm going to remove the garden room to expand the pool. Finally the tower with the bedroom suite, I'm adding a couple of rooms on the top floor. They could only be entered from the roof, but that makes them better. especially with the secret rooms that the first ep is adding, so I heard. Too bad, there is no magic, that is a perfect spot for my cauldron. EXCELLENT JOB!!!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:06 PM
You did a perfect job, avtually, despite what so many say. You based it off of the burnt version of Underworld, I've played it through three times, so I know the home lay-out. Lara's home IS always changing. I've been absolutely obsessed with Lara since I was 2 so I thank you. XD
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:28 AM
I am afraid when I try to build a proper basement with the basement tool, the game crashes. I find it is unique to this lot. I hope this file will be updated to be more compatible with the World Adventures expansion pack.
Page 2 of 3