Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:35 AM
Default Hairy hunks
Who did you have a crush on when you were a spotty pre-pubescent?

Here's my list:

Jay Osmond (Donny was too "pretty" for my tastes)

Tito Jackson

and.... I'm going to regret saying this, but
Noddy Holder (I know, I know, but I did have a sight test not long after this):

[I can't even post a pic of him I'm so ashamed.. just google and you'll see what I mean).

After that I got into punk music so my tastes weren't so bad (there were some hot punk singers from that era!)

Here's my sister's list:

David Cassidy:

David Essex:

David Bowie (as you can see she had a thing about "Davids").

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:17 AM
Default I missed this one somehow...
My crushes were, in no particular order:

Linda Carter aka "Wonder Woman"

Marie Osmond after she had "grown up"-and out a bit.

Lauren Bacall-and she still has it, even being nearly as old as civilization.

Barbara Baines (sp?) from "Mission Impossible" and later "Space:1999".

But my number one was, and is Leslie Ann Warren. I was smitten with her from about the age of 5. Those magnificent cheekbones!
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:07 PM Last edited by jodemilo : 17th Aug 2010 at 12:32 PM.
I just looked at some pics of Leslie Ann Warren, and yes she has great bone structure. Some stars can maintain their good features even without botox or cosmetic surgery.

From my teen punk days I fancied, in no particular order:

Jean Jaques Burnel (The Stranglers)

Paul Weller (he was my top hottie from that period actually)

I hate to say it, but Sting (at least how he looked in the movie "Quadrophenia").

And Terry Hall - who fronted a British ska band called "The Specials". In a weird twist of fate Terry Hall was the support act for an artist I went on tour with - I never had the courage to tell him I'd had a crush on him as a teenager. And it's funny how you go off people when you meet them warts and all.

Actually while googling pics of some of my teen fan crushes I notice how many of them haven't aged well at all.

As a 17 year old I discovered Paul Newman - who even in his 50s in films such as "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was very attractive - so I had a big thing about him for ages, much to my schoolmates' amusement.

I didn't fancy any "stars" for ages after that until Benicio Del Toro in my mid-30s and lately I've been watching the US TV series "Southland" and think Kevin Alejandro is pretty cute. Last year I also fancied Thomas Jane in “Hung”. So I guess I must be going through my second adolescence!
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:55 PM
That's called being a "cougar" Jo.

If I do it, however, I'm a "cradle robber". *shrugs*
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight
That's called being a "cougar" Jo.

I know, I know.. why am I lying to myself?!

Better to be called "cougar" than a "dog" though.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 9:25 AM
Default On a related note:
Speaking of cougars.

Kim Catrall. I simply could not stand her looks when she was young, but once she passed 40? Hubba Hubba!

And here's a little levity that just came to mind-

I recall arguing with my sister over whether or not dolphins were smarter than humans. My father settled the matter once and for all by saying: "Of course they are. You never see dolpins watching daytime television, do you?"
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 2:16 AM
Hey guys!!! I'm back (for a bit!)

Was just re-reading this thread and realised how time flies. That pic I put up of David Essex (British 70s pop heartthrob)...

This is what he looks like now (he currently appears in the British soap "Eastenders")...

He still has those cute blue eyes though.
Instructor
#8 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 11:27 AM
Default David Essex
I seem to remember him, but only vaguely. He had a small following here in the U.S., mostly teen-aged girls.

Most of the boys my age were drooling over Suzi Quatro and Ann and Nancy Wilson from "Heart".

The saddest day of my life came a few weeks ago, when I realized that Stevie Nicks is almost old enough to get a senior citizen discount.

But it's good to see ya back, Jo.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 7:29 PM
Thanks KK - confess I've been rather drawn back to Second Life of late, and doing most of my creative stuff there rather than with the Sims.

Hope you're good!! We should catch up sometime!