Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Gardening Mod v7b

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM by scumbumbo : Bugfix for Version 7 - Weeding Planters

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 173 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 7 of 14
Field Researcher
#151 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 1:58 AM Last edited by cookniro : 29th Mar 2015 at 2:46 AM.
Unfortunately not working in my game. Went from my favorite to Evolved and just now tried this one. Can observe plant but nothing else. GRRRR. Was working after the patch. Then I went through an removed hairs and such cause could not use mirror. Then did a Origin fix and since then cannot use Evolve or Fast. Hating life. One of my Off the Grid families is a grower and has a vast, and I mean vast garden. Your mods have been God send since day 1.

Trying another origin fix. With no mods in that have access to plants and cache clear still unable to harvest.
Deceased
Original Poster
#152 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
Unfortunately not working in my game. Went from my favorite to Evolved and just now tried this one. Can observe plant but nothing else. GRRRR. Was working after the patch. Then I went through an removed hairs and such cause could not use mirror. Then did a Origin fix and since then cannot use Evolve or Fast. Hating life. One of my Off the Grid families is a grower and has a vast, and I mean vast garden. Your mods have been God send since day 1.

Trying another origin fix. With no mods in that have access to plants and cache clear still unable to harvest.

Sorry to hear you're having problems - take comfort that you're not the only one having issues with the latest update (yeah, that's not really comforting is it?)

I've sometimes had issues with items that get stuck in a bad state. I've never had that happen to plants, but that's not to say it isn't possible. You could try turning on testing cheats and reset the plant objects (with cheats on, shift-click on the plant and you can choose to reset the object). It's a long-shot, but easy enough to try.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:36 AM
You are awesome scumbumo. I thank you!
Test Subject
#154 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 11:49 PM
I've enjoyed this mod quite much, it seems to be broken by the expansion, though. Obviously I can only vouch for the experience of a single user and a single game (which is carried over from pre-expansion) so possibly the error lies elsewhere. Basically the sims cancel any gardening related action without performing them with the mod enabled.
Deceased
Original Poster
#155 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vettvilling
I've enjoyed this mod quite much, it seems to be broken by the expansion, though. Obviously I can only vouch for the experience of a single user and a single game (which is carried over from pre-expansion) so possibly the error lies elsewhere. Basically the sims cancel any gardening related action without performing them with the mod enabled.

Did you download the latest version of the mod? The March 26 patch broke things as you're describing but the mod has been updated for that. I don't have the new expansion pack, so if that changes things again to require an update it may be a while.

I do have the XML for the EP, but any changes I make would be untested and I will not be reliabily available this weekend. Probably best if it is broken if folks just want to wait for me to get the EP, but if there's enough call for it I can make an untested version available.
Test Subject
#156 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Did you download the latest version of the mod? The March 26 patch broke things as you're describing but the mod has been updated for that. I don't have the new expansion pack, so if that changes things again to require an update it may be a while.

I do have the XML for the EP, but any changes I make would be untested and I will not be reliabily available this weekend. Probably best if it is broken if folks just want to wait for me to get the EP, but if there's enough call for it I can make an untested version available.

I think it's the EP, I've installed it today and the new version for the 26th march patch react exactly like Scumbumdo say: every single gardening action is canceled immediatly :/

Edit: forget it, I just realise the old version of the mod was still in my folder, I though they had the same name and just paste it in my folder thinking it would erase the old one. With the old one removed everything is working just fine!
Deceased
Original Poster
#157 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SillyFeather
Edit: forget it, I just realise the old version of the mod was still in my folder, I though they had the same name and just paste it in my folder thinking it would erase the old one. With the old one removed everything is working just fine!
Thanks for the confirmation that it should be working fine with the EP! Glad you got it working!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:07 PM
thx!! :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#159 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:21 AM
Thank you very much for this mod!! My sim has a very large garden and he was spending his whole life trying to keep it clean and alive, now it's just a few hours a day
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#160 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 2:29 PM
Nice work! thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#161 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:23 AM
thank you! It really helps with a farm shop I made
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:22 AM
Greatness!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#163 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:49 PM
Thanks very much! Great job.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:16 AM
Does this need any updating since the May 2015 patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#165 Old 5th May 2015 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
Does this need any updating since the May 2015 patch?

If anyone notices anything that's not working right anymore, do let us know. I think this mod should be okay based on the patch notes, but until we get the XML extracts it's almost impossible to say, or fix, for sure.
Test Subject
#166 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:15 PM
update
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
If anyone notices anything that's not working right anymore, do let us know. I think this mod should be okay based on the patch notes, but until we get the XML extracts it's almost impossible to say, or fix, for sure.

I wrote in your Evolve all plants page, there was a fix for the garden in the new patch, dunno how this affects your mods.
Deceased
Original Poster
#167 Old 8th May 2015 at 4:11 PM
Made an extremely minor change to the latest version of the mod today. Just a slight tweak introduced in the latest game patch. I don't think it will affect game play at all, but sometimes it's hard to tell - so if you have issues with weeding in a planter the new update to version 4 may help.

I didn't change the version number, so it should be just a drag/drop upgrade over the old package file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 19th May 2015 at 5:49 AM
Really helps in my game! You're awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:26 AM
thank you so much!!! does any one have a mod for the sims to eat the produce? i cant get a hold of the update
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#170 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 10:38 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 11:11 AM
WOW
Test Subject
#172 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:13 PM
I noticed gardeners that take care of the public garden/park are not appearing anymore.
Deceased
Original Poster
#173 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinzeDrop
I noticed gardeners that take care of the public garden/park are not appearing anymore.

I'll look into this when I get the chance, but this mod shouldn't affect that at all. Might be a while before I get the chance, in the meantime, can anyone confirm or refute that this is happening with this mod?
Test Subject
#174 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:13 AM
ich habe version1.5.139.1020 go to the work, bei mir funktionieren alle 3 Versionen des Patch nicht, bearbeiten der Pflanzen nicht möglich oder Pflanzenupdates funktionieren nicht mehr
Deceased
Original Poster
#175 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:48 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 28th Jun 2015 at 10:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by klausroeger
ich habe version1.5.139.1020 go to the work, bei mir funktionieren alle 3 Versionen des Patch nicht, bearbeiten der Pflanzen nicht möglich oder Pflanzenupdates funktionieren nicht mehr

Ich weiß nicht Deutsch können, also musste ich diese durch Google Translator ausgeführt werden. Die englische Original ist auch unten, wenn Sie bevorzugen.

Ich nahm an, dass diejenigen, die es vorbei an der 26. März-Patch vorgenommen haben wahrscheinlich ihr Spiel zu halten bis zum aktuellen Patch-Level, so dass es wahrscheinlich ist, dass die Version 4 der Mod ist mit Spielen, die nicht vollständig gepatcht sind nicht mehr kompatibel. Version 3a und älter würde auf jeden Fall nicht mit Version 1.5.139.1020 arbeiten. Der Mod sollte einwandfrei funktionieren, wenn Sie Ihr Spiel zu aktualisieren.

EDIT - Not sure why MTS is messing up the special characters on the above post. Weird. Never noticed that (at least for German) before the server upgrade, perhaps that has something to do with it.
Page 7 of 14