Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 12:14 AM
Can not remove anything(well almost anything)
hello,

I have some issues with this program. the formost problem is when I wish to remove a file(any type) using clean installer. I always get an error message stating that the file is in use? this is puzzeling me as I am not running the game.

Clean install also lists many files as unreadable. What should I do? as stated in the title only some of these files can not be removed. Heck I can't even disable them. HELP!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 11:38 AM
I suppose another program could be using the file - I've managed to get cleaninstaller running twice a couple of times and got that message. Another time I got it, the virus checker was running and another time I was moving files around and trying to look at them at the same time. You get the picture. Does Shut down and restart not fix it? I guess not from your "always". Hit Cntrl Alt Del and see what task manager says you have running.

I guess some things you can't delete could be read only files. That would make them suspicious in my book. Have you run your viruschecker, adaware and spybot recently? Never hurts to clean up the PC while you're working out what to try next!

I guess you might have got a bad installation. I don't like suggesting uninstalling and re-installing as a fix because uninstalls don't always go smoothly. If you don't get a better reply, you could try that.

If you search the cleaninstaller section for posts including unreadable do you get anything helpful? there's a ton of material in that long closed opening thread.

Good luck from a fellow simmer....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 1:40 AM
no other programs running. I did a virus chek and ran spydoctor. nothing found. thank you CWYKES. I did not know what to do. I will check the Clean Installer more vigorisly.
if I don't find anything there I will then try an uninstall.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 1:42 AM
Is it on all files you try and remove or just some?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 1:45 AM
most files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 1:49 AM
I can remove empty file packages. but can not remove dupilcate ones. nor some hacks I no longer need. I can disables them.