Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:29 AM
Default Can I Run More than One Version of .Net? Does S2PCI Run under Vista 32?
Okay, so I've read the post that says this ONLY works with 1.1. (Thanks for that, I was thinking I was going to have to post a bug report.) So... next question:

I'm running Vista 32, and it came pre-installed with .Net 3.5. Can I run two versions? Will S2PCI even work under Vista 32? Does anybody know what will happen if I'm forced to "roll back" to an earlier version of .Net? I'm guessing that if it came preinstalled with 32, then some things must need it right? I just have no idea how to figure these things out.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:37 AM
I can tell you that S2PCI works fine for me with NET 2. But I have XP Pro.

I've been wondering myself if you could install two versions of NET. I have V.2 for Simpe. But I also have Wardrobe Wrangler which is supposed to require v. 1.1 and it for sure does not work properly with v. 2. Some features work but others don't.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:41 AM
S2PCI and Delphi's Download Organizer are listed as 1.1, and SimPE is listed as 2.0, so I'm really scratching my head, lol.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 4:10 PM
I talked to Jfade yesterday about Wardrobe Wrangler and he said that you CAN have two versions of NET installed at the same time.

But as far as S2CPI goes, it does not only work with NET1.1. I have had no problems with it at all using NET 2. Doesn't mean it would do the same with NET 3.5. Did you try it and have some kind of problem?

As for being compatible with Vista I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Sims2 itself is okay. I've never investigated Vista at all. Are there a lot of programs that won't run on it?