Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:47 PM
Default Living off the Land Challenge
Hello! I had an idea for a new challenge that is like the homeless challenge/legacy challenge with a different twist.

(creating random names for story to help make sense then go into the rules)

Every since Bill was little he felt like he didn't fit in with his family, while they would rather goes to a 5 star hotel and be indoors he would rather be outside enjoying nature. He didnt want the hastle of a huge house and the high electricity bill, as when Bill grew up he set out to find a piece of land and be one with nature even if he was the only one who shared that dream. Until he found his future wife Katy, a girl grown up on the farm and was taught that a girl could do anything if she set her mind to it. So Bill and Katy set out to make the land their home. All they have is a tent and wood for campfire and a outdoor lamp, as they will garden and collet items to help build them a little cabin in the woods and grow their family.

Start off with a sim or a couple married/dating/friends and they live in area more away from people in a forest area. They don' have a dime to their name. All they have is their tent, campfire;wood, and one lantern in the woods

Rules:
Start with no money after get a tent,lantern, campfire, silence the phone (living off the land no phones computers any of that)
No one gets a job (they are to be out living off the land, so their work is gardening, fishing, collecting items,painting)
When they have enough money they may start building on the house but need to stay in the tent until the house is furnish
when get some money for outdoor shower while building the house
No many lights in the house so the bills aren't that much
If they have kids when they are able to they help with gardening,fishing, collecting or art

Completion is when you have the house fully funtionable for them as
kitchen (doesnt have to have that much, counters,stove,refrigerator, trashcan)
small dining room
bedroom (enough for people and kids living there)
bathroom
more skill building items
no electronics as purpose is to live on the land
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:15 PM
Default good challenge
I'm definitely going to try this. Good idea.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:55 PM
There is a rather similar challenge called "from the ground", but it isn't here in the forum, I found it through a member's signature.
I had so much fun playing it!! But it was much more difficult than yours (5-8 Sims, each responsible for ONE room of the house to build...)
I definitly will try your version as well, 'cause now I'm well trained!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
There is a rather similar challenge called "from the ground", but it isn't here in the forum, I found it through a member's signature.
I had so much fun playing it!! But it was much more difficult than yours (5-8 Sims, each responsible for ONE room of the house to build...)
I definitly will try your version as well, 'cause now I'm well trained!
well thank you so much. I did not know there was another challenge.. I just watch sims videos on YouTube and watching a show on tv and got the idea was not trying to copy.. don't know much about this site
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 2:24 AM
I get so bored of the Sims 4 that I constantly need new challenges so thanks for this. I decided to do a father and daughter instead. He is the farmer and she is the fisher. I found it really hard to begin with when they didn't have a toilet (had to save up by selling fish etc for a Get Together Bush) and a shower. Am playing in Windenburg which is just beautiful, the fishing spots have such beautiful surroundings. My sim nearly died on starvation when she visited another lot to harvest some plants so could grow her own.

Here she is poor little thing, cheated and let her eat of a girl because she was about to die from starvation and I had waited 2 nights napping on a bench for the plants to be ready for harvest.

I will update tomorrow with pictures of their land