Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Guala : 27th Apr 2021 at 12:23 AM.
Default Stuck in the upload wizard
Hello
I am trying to upload some files but I get stuck uploading images.
I add cover, front, side, back and also optional, no changes,I can not proceed. No "go to descrippcion" or error message, nothing

Sure it 's my fault. Size, format,... are ok
What am i missing? What am i doing wrong?

English is not my firts langauge, so sorry
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Guala
Hello
I am trying to upload some files but I get stuck uploading images.
I add cover, front, side, back and also optional, no changes,I can not proceed. No "go to descrippcion" or error message, nothing

Sure it 's my fault. Size, format,... are ok
What am i missing? What am i doing wrong?

English is not my firts langauge, so sorry

Hello @Guala
I have uploaded twice with the new upload wizard.
After you have added your zip.file(s), there are guidelines about the images and at the bottom right of the screen to go forward to add your images.
Once you have uploaded your images, go to the bottom of the screen (you will see the images you uploaded as you scroll down).
There are two options;
On the left to go back to the previous screen of guidelines;
On the right to go forward to the description.

You state the images are in the correct format - JPEG and at least the minimum size of 800 x 600?
I think the new wizard will not allow you to go forward if that is not the case - it is built in - just like the description must contain at least 20 words.
I hope this helps?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 10:13 AM
@Guala

Thanks for the report.  In order to help you further I need to know:

- Which game are you uploading for? TS2, TS3, or TS4
- How many images did you upload for each "slot"? 
- Are there any yellow bars that say "You must upload...." underneath the different slots?

I did notice that you didn't mention "Floor plans" - which are a requirement for upload.  It will only let you proceed if you have filled in all slots with the required number of images.   Please screenshot the browser and we can help you further.

@Ladysimplayer8 The wizard does not check for image size - you are allowed to upload any size you want.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
@Guala

- Are there any yellow bars that say "You must upload...." underneath the different slots?

I did notice that you didn't mention "Floor plans" - which are a requirement for upload.  It will only let you proceed if you have filled in all slots with the required number of images.   Please screenshot the browser and we can help you further.

@Ladysimplayer8 The wizard does not check for image size - you are allowed to upload any size you want.

Hello @Tashiketh
It doesn't check for minimum image size?
This would be very beneficial for your moderators who would appreciate image size does not need to be checked; but it could be argued that they are having close look at the images anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:25 PM
@Guala

Thanks for answer
-TS4 CASpart (hair, clothes and accesories). (Could the problem be in upload files? I merged some .package and the preview doesn't show some data, but no error message and I can continue)
- The last time (I tryed diferents convinations)

• 1 cover: .png, 1369x1944, 1.8MB
    1 front, 1 side and 1 back images showing meshs in-game: .png, 1920x1080, +-2.85 MB
    7 vanity to show all objects swatches in CAS: .png, 1944x 1100, +- 2 MB
- No yellow bars, no empty slots, no "go to description" botton.

*I Add a general view (maybe too small img)*

Thanks
I guess it's a (my) dumb mistake, I missed something...
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for the screenshot!  In fact, it wasn't anything you did!  It was an error with the "Front angle" slot not having a minimum set properly.  If you re-load the saved data, it should work now! Apologies for that.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Tashiketh
It doesn't check for minimum image size?
This would be very beneficial for your moderators who would appreciate image size does not need to be checked; but it could be argued that they are having close look at the images anyway.
It doesn't because we have things like careers and traits which have very small images (since they are taken from the gui icons), as well as some gifs and other things.  Besides, we don't have a hard line against images that are slightly smaller than we want because so long as you can see the details, it doesn't really matter.

Take for example a 2560x1440 image of an object, but the object isn't zoomed in, so the actual thing is only, say, 400x400.  Now if you take a 500x500 image but it's zoomed in to show the details then it's measurably a better image of the object, yet far smaller.  That's why we have multiple screenshot guidelines - you can't just use image size itself as a metric.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for the screenshot!  In fact, it wasn't anything you did!  It was an error with the "Front angle" slot not having a minimum set properly.  If you re-load the saved data, it should work now! Apologies for that.

Thanks for answered
I am still stuck.
The "front angle" slot doesn't seem to have a minimum yet.
Maybe I'm jinx.

*More slots to save, thanks.
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 6:39 PM
You'll need to restart the upload to get the slots to work properly, unfortunately you can't just load the save.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 6:58 PM
You'll need to restart the upload to get the slots to work properly, unfortunately you can't just load the save.

I restarted and load save, didn't work
I started a new upload, didn't work
(the screens are in clean/new upload)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 7:13 PM
Please export the data and send it to me on Discord. Thanks!

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 12:59 PM
With another report, I've tracked this issue down so it *should* be fixed for real now . Please restart the upload and try again!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Guala : 27th Apr 2021 at 12:22 AM.
Please export the data and send it to me on Discord. Thanks!

Thanks for answered
I may have exported the data between 0 and 3 times, sorry for that.

I've started a new upload and it seems to work (fingers crossed).

Thanks for all