Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Window

by rebecah Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 12:13 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 3:27 PM by rebecah : Updated diagonal frosted window

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 12:02 AM
This is a staple of every sim game or at least it should be. Thanks for providing such a needed tool. Thank you.
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 3:02 AM
Thankyou very much, Rebecah. I have been looking for one of these for some time. I look forward to trying this ingame.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 5:06 AM
I just recenlty installed Gunmod's lighting mod and now rooms I don't want windows in are sooo dark. Especially if it's a downtown lot I'm trying to build and of course you can't turn on the lights in that room. Nooooo, stupid EA!
Anyway, my point is you're a lifesaver!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 1:44 AM
Thank you, Beck, for the invisible window. This is one thing I loved in TS1 that I haven't found in TS2, until now. This will improve my game tremendously.

centime
Instructor
#30 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 10:41 AM
This looks like a good idea. Thank you for sharing!

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:13 PM
These are great! Thanks. I've been wanting these since switched over from Sims 1 to 2. I do remember an other version of invisible windows that was really usefull for courtyards and the like. It was invisible too and let rooms inside other rooms look like it had access to daylight (think of a house build as a doughnut where in the game the emplty hole is dark and in real life it's light). Which would be obvious in real life because they didn't have any roofs to block the light. I know that you can mod objects as well, is this something you think you would be interested in doing?
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:14 PM Last edited by rebecah : 6th Jan 2008 at 6:24 PM.
SIMale I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking for but I can make any window you like to be invisible.

I think I see what you mean...something like the picture? I created a recolor of the diagonal window to try this as I don't know how they are connected to each other, just to try what you are asking and it seems the light isn't directed to the center room. This may be something Numenor would know what to do. I will look into it but I'm not sure I could figure this one out.

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
Yes, just like the picture. In Sims 1 there were these invisible windows that when placed like that would let the game treat them as they were letting the light in, in both directions so the small room would look like it was outside. Very kind of you to look in to it. I'm looking forward to what you find out and hopeing that it is doable.
Scholar
#34 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:31 AM
Cool Idea! More Light Without Windows! ThankYou Rebecah!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 7:52 AM
Just what I needed for my custom neighborhood. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:15 PM
A little late for this but THANKS! I'm building the Mini Twin Towers on 2 shrunken 1x1 lots, and this is exactly what I needed!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:35 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I've been looking for invisible windows ever since Sims2 came out and only recently found the ones Numenor did. His require more of the set though. Thanks again!

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 7:15 AM
I'm not sure which of the 4 files I'm supposed to download?
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:10 AM
Would this increase how much the sim likes the environment in the room?
Instructor
#40 Old 3rd May 2010 at 3:41 PM
This is great for making courtyard properties or subways...thanks so much!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:30 PM
Ah, just the thing I was looking for. I am much obliged!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 8:42 PM
These are awesome! Thanks :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:36 PM
Thank you ! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
I'm hoping I can stack these with Move_objects on in order to make regular windows more effective lighting-wise even with Radiance-mod.
Page 2 of 2