Replies: 81 (Who?), Viewed: 14892 times.
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 6:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraM
Hi, I've been trying to edit the island_tiki_torch_flame but when I place the torch in the world my game simply crashes. I followed all the steps to change the ColorCurve. I even tried to load the package without any edits and it still crashes my game (just selected the effect and saved it). Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

My game also crashes, I will take a closer look at this and revert.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraM
Hi, I've been trying to edit the island_tiki_torch_flame but when I place the torch in the world my game simply crashes. I followed all the steps to change the ColorCurve. I even tried to load the package without any edits and it still crashes my game (just selected the effect and saved it). Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I mixed up the version numbers in the last update but this is fixed now, please download new version 2.0.9.
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denton47
I mixed up the version numbers in the last update but this is fixed now, please download new version 2.0.9.

It's working perfectly now, thanks a lot for this great tool and for fixing it so quickly! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:51 PM
A little exercise on how to change the sparkles from Bust the Dust Kit:

1. Start the tool, click Main, select Visual Effect "dust_clean_sparkle_holder", click Edit.
2. Select the first ParticleEffect and click Edit.
3. In the ColorAlphaCurve table, change the second entry from 1 to 0.5, this will reduce the sparkle brightness by roughly 50%.
4. Click Return, click return again, click Save Package, choose a name like "dust_clean_sparkle_50.package".

If you change the ColorAlphaCurve value to 0 you won't see the sparkles anymore.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Bakie : 7th Apr 2021 at 10:43 AM.
Hello,
Does anyone know how to export a model from a vfx? I want to export the model of the large iguana (instance C4B68013C0900A6C), but I don't know how to export the model so I can see if I can change the way it's standing..
Have tried using the Game File Cruiser, but that doesn't let me export as a blend file..

*EDIT*
Solution that worked for me right now, thanks to MizoreYukii:
https://youtu.be/dZwI8tYIOUQ

Would be nice if there was a simpler way though. Also a simpler and working way to make more then one recolor of an effect as I now only could make one cloned vfx to work. The other one worked eventually too, but only after removing the first one..

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 11:37 AM
Ok, again trying to make another chicken recolor, but after cloning the 'ep07_island_chickens' code, saving the file and merging it, I get the 'unable to read beyond the end of stream error'.
I also get the same error when trying to re-open the just saved file in the tool.
It does not happen every time when cloning other vfx. Maybe it needs an update for a certain part again?

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 7:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakie
Ok, again trying to make another chicken recolor, but after cloning the 'ep07_island_chickens' code, saving the file and merging it, I get the 'unable to read beyond the end of stream error'.
I also get the same error when trying to re-open the just saved file in the tool.
It does not happen every time when cloning other vfx. Maybe it needs an update for a certain part again?

There was a bug when building MetaParticleEffects but this has been fixed now, please download new version 2.0.10.
Page 4 of 4