Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 106 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 11:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Objects Stuck on Sims
Hello there,
I have encountered a rather strange problem and I can't seem to find a working solution for it. There are random objects stuck on my Sims that I can't remove with them "moveobjects" cheat and they won't go away even after I Force Error them. Everything else in my game seems to be okay with the exception of objects being stuck on two Sims.

I have run the Hoodchecker, I have played without Custom Content, but the problem still persists. Is there any other way to remove objects that are stuck on your Sims or are they just going to have to live with an object stuck on them for the rest of their lives? Also is this a sign of Neighborhood corruption or is my neighborhood safe?

Thank you all in advance.

Image of the glitch in question:
https://imgur.com/a/u3GQOcU

I don't know how to upload images, I deeply apologize.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 12:03 PM
Try having them take a shower. See "bloopers" thread; I posted pic of Sim that had a bag stuck to her hand; she actually was trying to leave a date-gift - the gift did not appear, and the bag stayed stuck to her. I was able to remove it, but then I had not PUT it on her.

Namaste... or "go"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Try having them take a shower. See "bloopers" thread; I posted pic of Sim that had a bag stuck to her hand; she actually was trying to leave a date-gift - the gift did not appear, and the bag stayed stuck to her. I was able to remove it, but then I had not PUT it on her.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I tried it however the problem persisted. I have no idea what my Sims have done prior to this for this to have happened, although it is a very amusing glitch I am worried it could somehow really mess up my game and I have done so much, I would really hate to lose all of this progress.
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 2:26 PM
Have you tried forcing the error on the actual object and deleting it rather than on the Sim? Or maybe you could try to delete the Sim with move objects - they should disappear from the household but respawn once you exit/re-enter the lot.

I'd back up everything before trying any of my suggestions, just in case
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 1:33 AM
I had a pterydactyl stuck to a sim's hand, once, and the only thing that worked to remove it was moving him to a different lot.

If the object is, in fact, tied to the lot somehow (don't ask me; this game is complex enough that chaos theory applies), it should go away on visits to community lots or other sims, so before you go to the trouble of implementing this solution, send them shopping or something and see if the object is still there on the community lot. If it is, this method probably won't work; if it isn't, then it's a good bet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)