Replies: 2 (Who?), Viewed: 68 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 8:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 4GB Patch/CFF Not working, Game still flashes pink and crashes
I used both the 4gb patch and CFF to get the game from just using 2gb to 4gb (since I saw that the pink flashing and the crashing could be helped with doing this) but in the logs, it still says it's using only 2gb. I tried both the patch and the CFF explorer, I uninstalled an reinstalled, used the sims2ep9.exe from leefish, and I moved the .exe from the tsbin to the csbin and it wouldn't start up the game. I don't know what else to do, I can't even create a family 2 person family without it pooping out on me And I have UC btw

I'm using my brother's Alienware laptop and here are its details if this will help:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Video Card #2: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
RAM: 16 GB
Operating System: Windows 10
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 10:33 AM
Move Sims2EP9.exe to your desktop, apply the 4GB Patch there, then put it back in TSBin. As for pink flashing, try Graphics Rules Maker to increase your texture memory and enable these settings: Disable Texture Memory Estimate Adjustment and Enable Driver's Memory Manager. Run Graphics Rules Maker as Admin or else it won't let you save the changes.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 3:37 PM
https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

That seemed to work better for me than manually editing the file.
Since you're using an NVidia card, try this option in Graphic Rules Maker in addition to the other fixes:
Disable texture memory estimate adjustment
Use this tweak to use the texture memory reported by the driver. This may greatly improve the game's stability, especially when using a recent nVidia graphics card.