Replies: 26938 (Who?), Viewed: 752712 times.
Page 1078 of 1078
Test Subject
#26926 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:46 PM
How do you put wheels on a house? I remember many years ago I knew how to do it or had done it, but now I have no idea
Theorist
#26927 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 3:39 PM
Only way I know is to use deco ones. There's this wheel wall hanging that either came with the AL gear stuff or the FFS racecar stuff (I think it's the latter). You use AL shift to place the wheels all the way to the ground; you might need to turn on move objects.

There's also a few cc sets out there:
Moocha Muses Build A Bus Kit
Moocha Muses Glamper Set
Mustluvcatz' Mini House Kit

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#26928 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:10 PM
It's a long shot, but has anything improved over the last couple of years in terms of mods, or is it still just torture to try and keep a home business separate from a sim's actual home WRT guests etc?

I forgot how annoying it is to constantly have to lock and unlock doors and the way invited guests will leave if the business is closed while they are on the lot, and/or start browsing if they are present when the business is open.

Livejournal: simsfreq.livejournal.com
Tumblr: simsfreq.tumblr.com

Co sleeper for babies/toddlers, and teen career overhaul (also custom schools) Plus! TS2:UNI careers enabled for teens: Here at simbology
Test Subject
#26929 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Only way I know is to use deco ones. There's this wheel wall hanging that either came with the AL gear stuff or the FFS racecar stuff (I think it's the latter). You use AL shift to place the wheels all the way to the ground; you might need to turn on move objects.

There's also a few cc sets out there:
Moocha Muses Build A Bus Kit
Moocha Muses Glamper Set
Mustluvcatz' Mini House Kit

Thanks. I just remembered that decoration, maybe I used that years ago.
Lab Assistant
#26930 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalFlame360
Do any of the sims in question have a telescope on their lot? If so, sims can get furious with another sim if they were looking through the telescope during the day. This is because when a sim looks through the telescope during the day, the game makes them spy on the sim with the lowest instance number. Then, after a while, the sim getting peeped on will confront the peeper in a not so pleasant manner, triggering fury on both ends.

If there is no telescope and there was no provocation, then are any of the sims in question very grouchy? This can trigger random bin kicking and newspaper pinching for no reason other than the sim is mean.

I think it must be a combination of these two things, thank you! Jolene's son was using a telescope. The random neighbor actually also got attacked while the old ladies were at a party he was hosting, so no telescope use there. I think they just dislike her.

This is good to know. Circe Beaker in Strangetown actually has a wish to spy on the neighbors lol
Scholar
#26931 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 7:04 PM
Ok, I'm hoping I didn't destroy my game. I played the Pleasants in Peasantville, with the daughters going to uni and then moving in together, having families and all.
Then, I thought, I might as well play the parents until they die. Which they did. When mama Pleasant also died, I deleted the urns and left the lot. Is that how one deals with it when all sims die on a lot? Is there something I should do in case I want to play in that house again?
Thanks!
Inventor
#26932 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
Ok, I'm hoping I didn't destroy my game. I played the Pleasants in Peasantville, with the daughters going to uni and then moving in together, having families and all.
Then, I thought, I might as well play the parents until they die. Which they did. When mama Pleasant also died, I deleted the urns and left the lot. Is that how one deals with it when all sims die on a lot? Is there something I should do in case I want to play in that house again?
Thanks!

Selling urns is a big controversy among the Sims 2 community. Some people say it corrupts the hood and some say it doesn't. Anyway, you could have just saved the lot and exited once they had died because the urns would still be there when another family moves in. At least that's what the Grim Reaper dialog says, IIRC. If you have the mod "No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete" by Pescado, you should be alright. Otherwise, you could use Mootilda's Hoodchecker to clean up any mess.

Grab Hoodchecker from here
No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete can be found on this link. Choose the directory based on your highest EP (eg. Ultimate Collection would be AL). Extract the zip and look for "nounlinkondelete" and place it into your Downloads folder. :D
Scholar
#26933 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
Selling urns is a big controversy among the Sims 2 community. Some people say it corrupts the hood and some say it doesn't. Anyway, you could have just saved the lot and exited once they had died because the urns would still be there when another family moves in. At least that's what the Grim Reaper dialog says, IIRC. If you have the mod "No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete" by Pescado, you should be alright. Otherwise, you could use Mootilda's Hoodchecker to clean up any mess.

Grab Hoodchecker from here
No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete can be found on this link. Choose the directory based on your highest EP (eg. Ultimate Collection would be AL). Extract the zip and look for "nounlinkondelete" and place it into your Downloads folder. :D

Thank you so much! I vaguely remembered something about leaving behind gravestones/urns on lots when moving and I panicked. I have Pescado's mod, so I'm probably fine. I also have the Hoodchecker, so I can run that before I open the game again.
I still need to deal with the pink flashing that started happening all of a sudden right before that.
Thanks again!
Mad Poster
#26934 Old Yesterday at 1:05 AM
Sending the urns/gravestones to a community lot graveyard could potentially be a solution. It should also help against the potential child ghost issue if a child dies on a residential lot and you leave their gravestone on-lot (I had a feeling PleasantSims talked about this in a recent video, but couldn't find it - there's probably info elsewhere, though).

(Intentionally being a bit vague here, because my sims never stay dead for very long - if they do it's because there's always quit without saving... I don't think there's been a single gravestone in my game that's not an original EA sim or purely deco since 2007 or thereabout )
Test Subject
#26935 Old Yesterday at 3:15 PM
Hi! I'm always asking questions
Can I safely delete unwanted NPCs that have spawned such as hobby leaders and pet adoption police officers through Mootilda's tutorial (https://modthesims.info/t/504497)?
Mad Poster
#26936 Old Yesterday at 8:58 PM
Is there an easy way to make apartments really cheap? My semi-bums should not be paying $2000 a month for a room to flop in!

Namaste... or "go"
Scholar
#26937 Old Yesterday at 9:22 PM
@grammapat kestrellyn's halved rent mod here

I play with normal salaries/wages in my game and find that this rent mod works really well. Most of my apartments are small for lower income families and it's still hard for them to pay rent, but a good challenge.
Instructor
#26938 Old Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Ulti
Can I safely delete unwanted NPCs that have spawned such as hobby leaders and pet adoption police officers through Mootilda's tutorial (https://modthesims.info/t/504497)?

It should be fine, normal NPC are not as dangerous as Universals NPCs to touch; mind that if the game needs them it will generate new ones.
I've found this list that might be handy for future reference
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26939 Old Today at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Ulti

Safer and easier to kill them with the tombstone of life and death.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1078 of 1078