Replies: 255 (Who?), Viewed: 13861 times.
Page 11 of 11
Mad Poster
#251 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 8:21 PM
Baby bunnies have been safely delivered to the wildlife rehab center.  I'm going to miss them, but I'm not going to miss the stress they caused. I also thanked the rehabber that made some phone calls that allowed me to bring the bunnies to the rehab center to begin with.

I'm ready for this week to be over and have a few boring days.  Boring sounds good right about now.
Field Researcher
#252 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Baby bunnies have been safely delivered to the wildlife rehab center.

I'm glad everything is all settled.

Give it time, and this will be them soon:

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#253 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Baby bunnies have been safely delivered to the wildlife rehab center.  I'm going to miss them, but I'm not going to miss the stress they caused. I also thanked the rehabber that made some phone calls that allowed me to bring the bunnies to the rehab center to begin with.

I'm ready for this week to be over and have a few boring days.  Boring sounds good right about now.

Glad to hear it! I'm sure you would have done a great job but it's good to have professionals around who might not get so stressed trying to do this the first time.
Mad Poster
#254 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
Glad to hear it! I'm sure you would have done a great job but it's good to have professionals around who might not get so stressed trying to do this the first time.

I have full confidence they'll do a great job and deal with any problems they come across they best they can.  

The place I brought them to is also home to the vet that takes care of my tortoises.  My regular vet isn't comfortable with reptiles and those kinds of critters, so we bring them there instead.  Along with things like check ups and that kind of thing for shelled pets, they also rehab snapping turtles, red-eared sliders, ect... If somebody brings a turtle in that has a cracked shell from being hit by a car or whatever, they put them back together again.  It isn't a fast process, but eventually the turtle or turtles are released back into the wild.
Mad Poster
#255 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 10:45 PM
Dear child of mine,

I'm having a bad case of deja-vu.

I don't care if you eat bananas outside while you're talking on the phone, but could you not throw the peels on to the trees?  I went outside and couldn't figure what the bright yellow thing was hanging from a oak tree sapling.    Christmas has come and gone, we don't need to decorate trees. Also, we do have trash cans in the house and outside.

The deja-vu part comes from when you were little and got mad at me because I wanted you to clean your room. Instead of throwing the bag of trash in a trash can, you whipped it over the fence where it ended up dangling from a tree for a few days, much like the current banana peel.

Thanks,

Momma Bear
Test Subject
#256 Old Today at 9:15 AM
Rude customers in general who think it's OK to crap on service workers and use us as their personal punching bags or who just view us as being beneath them because we can't afford two vacation homes and a Lamborghini. We've risked our health and the health of our families for the past year to help people maintain a modicum of normality in their lives. The least they could do is treat us with basic humanity and respect.
Page 11 of 11