Replies: 54 (Who?), Viewed: 5309 times.
Page 3 of 3
Scholar
#51 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 6:50 PM
The cheap batteries that I found at Lidl! Things are different in this country so like it seems that cheap random brands of batteries aren't as much of a thing. Which rude, cos like off brand things are good too. My alarm clock can now do its thing. So mission accomplished- it only took me 3 months
Mad Poster
#52 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 8:35 PM
My original dental appointment was tomorrow.

It was rescheduled.

For those wondering, I am scared and uncomfortable around dentists, especially since my two front teeth are breaking in crumbles since I last saw the dental assistants who work in his stead.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 5:34 PM
Groceries were delivered almost 2 hours early.

I got the ornamental grasses cleaned up. A whole bunch of new growth was hidden under the dead stuff. Since I had the clippers out, I also cleaned up the Weeping Cherry tree. It had a bunch of sucker branches on it that not only looked bad, but they also prevent air flow once the tree is leafed out.

Made a appointment to have one of the oak trees taken down. The top center of it is dead; it needs to dealt with before it causes problems. 

At some point today I need to tackle the forsythia near the street.  I can't propagate any of it to fill in where I want it as it is too soon, but it needs a serious hair cut. It was left unattended last year and it looks like it.  The part that needs trimming acts like a living screen between us and the neighbors anyway so it won't matter if the cut parts don't flower.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 7:35 PM
For those of you worried about the fate of gaming industry icon Mario...just remember, tomorrow is April Fools Day.

I should also mention I am no big fan of April Fools Day. Why the fuck do we need a special day to create hoaxes, satire and parody? People already do it everyday like on shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park and even news sites based in satire like The Onion, which unfortunately Mainland China is so much locked out from the rest of the world, this actually happened where China cited The Onion in an article.

My idea of April Fools is along the lines of SpongeBob SquarePants pulling "Micropranks" where it's mostly about nuances. Say you want a couple of ice cubes, but he only gives you one.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:26 PM.
My otherwise crappy week has turned around.  The plants I've been stressing about are in and I have mini gargoyle coming which is always fun.  He'll be sitting among the plants in the livingroom.  Now I need to come up with a name as Mini Gunther isn't working for me.

EDIT:  The mystery plant that I've been trying to root via stem cuttings is a Japanese Andromeda. I've found one video on how to propagate them and it isn't the way I'm attempting to do it.  The plant spits out runners which eventually root and make new plants.  To propagate, the runner is cut, then the root ball of the small or baby plant is dug up, then grown in a container for about a year.  This is a propagating project I can do now; all I need is a bigger pot.
Page 3 of 3