Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#201 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 17th Aug 2007 at 2:36 PM.
Snap, something else I don't know how to do. Ok, off to learn about importing semi-gobals.
Thank you.

EDIT: Hah! WIN! Thanks bunches. :: sing-song :: I just imported my first semiglobal....
Ok, back to task.

Re?-Edit: Ok, I did everything in the tutorial for telling sims not to walk there. Then it dawned on me, that, though useful and needed later, it prolly won't fix my original problem. How do I tell other objects that they can't inhabit my new square either?
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#202 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:37 AM
For most objects it should fix the problem. If it doesn't though, then you need to change some placement flags for that tile:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82685
Scholar
#203 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:59 PM
Fantastic tutorial Echo! Really appreciate it!

I've encountered a problem though. The tile work in the game, meaning I was able to extend a 2 tile object to a 4 tile one, but I can't place the object anywhere. I don't know why I cant place it anywhere. Any suggestions?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#204 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:26 AM
That can happen with objects which have complicated objf files - if you duplicate the wrong one, then you can end up with unusable tiles. What object did you base your work on, and are you able to post it here?
Scholar
#205 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Fresh-Prince : 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:03 PM.
Yea, it was complicated. I cloned the 2 tile floor TV. I will post it when I get back home. Thanks for your quick reply!

Edit: I attached the file I think I might of cloned the wrong Object Data, I got really confused.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  F-P GEC4 V2.zip (1.21 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:49 AM
Okay, some quick thoughts:
- You've got more OBJf files than OBJd files... Err?
- The instance numbers aren't in order, and they don't match up. Each OBJd should have the same instance number as one OBJf, and vice verse. The numbers go up in hex, that is, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D...
- The OBJfs for 41A7, 41A8, 41AC and 41AD all point to BHAVs which don't exist. Did you at any point import BHAVs then delete them? Which tv was it that you cloned originally? It may have already been a bit broken and the extra tiles have just made it more so.

In this case, the best OBJfs to clone would be the one that matches up with "Television - Floor - Expensive - Right", since that tile does pretty much nothing but take up space (which is exactly what you want).
Scholar
#207 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:13 PM Last edited by Fresh-Prince : 4th Apr 2008 at 11:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Okay, some quick thoughts:
- You've got more OBJf files than OBJd files... Err?
- The instance numbers aren't in order, and they don't match up. Each OBJd should have the same instance number as one OBJf, and vice verse. The numbers go up in hex, that is, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D...
- The OBJfs for 41A7, 41A8, 41AC and 41AD all point to BHAVs which don't exist. Did you at any point import BHAVs then delete them? Which tv was it that you cloned originally? It may have already been a bit broken and the extra tiles have just made it more so.

In this case, the best OBJfs to clone would be the one that matches up with "Television - Floor - Expensive - Right", since that tile does pretty much nothing but take up space (which is exactly what you want).

Thanks Echo! I'll have to try and fix it. I was really confused,lol. The original object had 4 OBjF's, 2 of them linked to OBJd files that didn't exist. And it also didn't link to one of the OBJds. So basically half of the OBjF files were pointless to me. I didn't import any BHAVs and delete them. I did add "[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0008 (flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0008 (Do NOT Use Maya Model Footprint))" to the Function - Init. Also added to Function - Init was "[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0004 (allowed height flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x0001 (ground))" , to try and fix the ground problem. I originally cloned the Soma 44" PancakeTek Television. Very confusing. I appreciate your help a lot! :D

Do I have to clone a BHAV to link it to the new OBJfs?
Theorist
#208 Old 17th May 2008 at 11:35 AM
I have a problem. I'm trying to make a new clothing rack with a mesh from H&M clothing display which has 2 tiles.

But my problem is this, I've followed the tutorial, and it doesn't work. The object have 3 objd files originally, and all of them has Multi-tile master ID set to 2. I added 2 more objd files along with the objf (all of them has multi-tile master ID 2).

The green squares now appear correctly, but the sim still walks through it. I've tried everything suggested in this thread but none worked. I even tried editing the footprint in CRES, didn't work. I also have tried setting all the multi-tile master ID to 1 but still no dice . Any ideas?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  clothingrack.zip (70.2 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Inventor
#209 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 11:59 PM
Okay, I'm sorry if I'm a complete dunce and missed it in the thread.

I'm trying to -shrink- the footprint and I'm not really sure what to mess with - I'm afriad its beyond anything I've messed with to day, and I don't know where to begin. Right now I've got a multi-storied waterfall cloned from the tiki monkey lava fountain thing. And to place the waterfall on any part of the lot close to the edge is impossible right now, because of the three rows of footprint.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#210 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:41 AM
Reyn - I think you probably want this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=242079
Inventor
#211 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:10 AM
Awesome, thanks! I was looking and looking and somehow missed that one.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Scholar
#212 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 6:15 PM
Echo, is it possible to make tiles that are seperated? Like, one object having, say, 4 tiles but they are not beside eachother, they are sort of like this :
X|_|X
_|_|_
X|_|X
I hope that's easy enough to understand The X's, if it isn't obvious, stand for where I'm interested in putting the tiles, and the others are just open for walking overtop of by sims :D

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#213 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:09 AM
Yep. If you're using this technique, then you need to make the OBJfs for the 'X' tiles use one init BHAV which sets the tiles as unwalkable, and make the '_' tiles use a different init BHAV which sets the tiles as walkable.
Theorist
#214 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 1:18 PM
I've just realized nobody replied to my post I are butthurt. I even have forgotten about that project since I couldn't come up with a solution
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#215 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
I've just realized nobody replied to my post I are butthurt. I even have forgotten about that project since I couldn't come up with a solution

Oops! I'm sorry! I don't have H&M, so I was hoping someone else might have been able to help. If you're still interested I can try to take a look at it now, but I don't think I'll be able to load it into my game to test it.
Theorist
#216 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:22 AM
No worries Echo, that's fine. I've lost interest in it anyway. Thanks for replying though, I thought you missed my post
Field Researcher
#217 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 8:03 PM
thanks you so much for the info!
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:39 PM
I'm nearly ashamed of asking that but I just can't find the ressource tab (I think it's its name) anymore in SimPE 0.72. What I'm trying to do is to change instance numbers.

Thanks in advance

- Speech is silver but silence is gold -
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ben♣
I'm nearly ashamed of asking that but I just can't find the ressource tab (I think it's its name) anymore in SimPE 0.72. What I'm trying to do is to change instance numbers.

Thanks in advance

Ben,

That is still the name of that tab. It is normally located in the lower, left hand corner of the program screen. If it isn't there, go up to the "Window" pull down menu and find Resourse in that list. Make sure there is a check next to it. If there isn't, select it and your tab should appear in the lower left hand corner OR along the right hand side.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 8:56 PM
OK, problem solved. In fact there was no Resource tab anywhere (even in the Window menu) because I unchecked something during the installation. I've just reinstalled SimPE without unchecking too many lines and the Resource tab is back.

Thank you for your help Kevin this really was a silly question Lol

Lab Assistant
#221 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Ben♣ : 23rd Nov 2008 at 6:14 PM. Reason: package removed
Now, I'm having a problem with a wall lamp I'm trying to add a new tile to. I can place it on a lot and play, but when I save and leave the lot, I can't enter in it again. In fact the lot loading never comes to an end : the hourglass keeps on turning and turning...

I know that the problem is due the add-a-tile procedure because I made some tests and it only occurs after adding the tile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! (package attached now removed)

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#222 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:48 AM
Hmm. For the OBJf which goes with the lead tile, leave everything exactly as is. For the other two OBJf files, remove all the lines except for Main and Init. (Especially the "Load", which is probably the one causing problems). If that doesn't fix it, try starting your game up in testing mode - you'll probably get more information about what in particular is breaking.
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 6:10 PM
It works !! I removed the lines in the OBJf files and it worked thanks a lot Echo !

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#224 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 4:52 PM Last edited by leesester : 7th Dec 2008 at 6:21 PM.
Hi all
I was trying the tutorial to change a 1 tile window into a 2 tile window; I have added new GUIDS, I have added the obj functions, I have checked the new functions and new squares match, adjusted the BHAV, but I get a red square instead of a green one and cannot place object without move objects on - can you help? Fixed that - i checked the OBJ functions and changed semi globals - now I am struggling to place my wallmask?

Now using MaryLou's fantastic templtes - but I would still like to know what I probably missed.

Thanks

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#225 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 10:15 PM
Is there any reason why you couldn't just clone a two tile window and import your mesh? It'd be a *lot* easier.
Page 9 of 11