Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#76 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 12:09 AM
I really love this mod, but like the poster above, I wish he acted like the Butler does. Instead of standing idle in whatever room, it'd be cool if he at least had some needs to take care of and could be assigned a bed. That way he doesn't just stand there and it's a bit more realistic and a bit less creepy.

I'd just use the Butler, but they're bugged - they don't cook autonomously and they only will cook single meals; useless when I have more than one Sim.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 12:44 PM
Awesome mod my Sims re loving it Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 11:29 PM
Wow, Thank you very much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#79 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 11:29 AM
Douglasveiga, if you're interested in translations, here is the Polish translation of The Chef mod...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f98gls8nj0zq7fn
Inventor
Original Poster
#80 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Douglasveiga, if you're interested in translations, here is the Polish translation of The Chef mod...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f98gls8nj0zq7fn

thanks!

i will add it in the next update. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#81 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 10:01 AM
The Chef is still disappearing after few days, but maybe it's my fault. I'm turning off all his options and make him cook only when I "ask him" for it. Maybe he feels... unimportant..? :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:55 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 11th Apr 2013 at 1:01 AM.
UPDATE v1.4 -> 06/april/2013
- Fix: The Chef will ignore Simplants, because they don't have Hunger motive.
- Added: Polish translation (by anie_1981).
- Added: If you have University EP, he will automatically improve Meals by adding Herbs.
---> He will randomly consume Normal (or higher) quality Herbs from the Fridge;
- Added: If you have Supernatural EP, he will automatically improve Desserts by adding Honey.
---> He will always consume the best quality Honey from the Fridge;

The Chef is still disappearing after few days, but maybe it's my fault. I'm turning off all his options and make him cook only when I "ask him" for it. Maybe he feels... unimportant..? :P
Instructor
THANKS POST
#83 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
Well I have several NRaas Mods, but i need them too I can hire the chef again even if he leaves so it's not as big problem, particulary "not big enough for me to get rid any of the NRaas Mods I have" But as you remember there was the same problem with Live In Maid, she disappered from time to time, but now I don't have any problems with this mod :D
Test Subject
#84 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 3:17 PM
Default social interaction
[QUOTE=douglasveiga]believe me, the social interaction is annoying. you need to consider that it's a 24h service npc with 2 maids, "spamming" each family member. If i add, probably you will ask me to remove after all.

How about one version with socialization such as that of the butler, and one with no socialization? the user would choose only one. The Butler doesn't spam the family. It just does it's job or performs an idle activity. But still has most interactions available non-autonomously.

I love your live in Maid, and find the Chef indispensible.

Kudos on some great Mods!

Everybody knows "esoteric" which means hardly anybody knows; Hardly anybody knows "exoteric" which means everybody knows.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#85 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 8:24 PM
Social interactions are really annoying... What we all need, is Servo from the Sims 1, The robot who lives in his box and he is only turned on when needed. That is why I love service mods from douglasveiga... There are some things to be done at home, but I don't really interested in interacting the servants :P
Test Subject
#86 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 10:52 PM
Default Nraas Overwatch conflicts w/ Chef Service
Well I have several NRaas Mods, but i need them too I can hire the chef again even if he leaves so it's not as big problem, particulary "not big enough for me to get rid any of the NRaas Mods I have" But as you remember there was the same problem with Live In Maid, she disappered from time to time, but now I don't have any problems with this mod :D

As the Chef is stationary for most of the time, he will be removed by Nraas Overwatch as it considers him as stationary / inactive sim.

Could you please edit him a bit so he wanders around the spot instead?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#87 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 11:04 AM
I know nothing of creating mods, but Live In Maid works perfect, she is also a stacionary Sim and she doesn't disappear... :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#88 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:22 AM
I know nothing of creating mods, but Live In Maid works perfect, she is also a stacionary Sim and she doesn't disappear... :D

@MarbleDaemon, @anie_1981

Both, chef and maid automatically route to a random position every time she return to the service room to avoid problems with stationary sim, but still can be vanished by overwatch if the chef stay many hours without cooking. that is why it's important to assign some tasks for the chef.

in the next update, i will make the chef perform a small move every hour to avoid this problem.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#89 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 4:01 PM
OK, so LiveInMaid and the chef services don't work with the newest patch, 1.55. I gues it's because the patch have prepared the game to use those new services for the resort system... I must see if the gardner works, but I doubt it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#90 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:31 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 25th Jun 2013 at 6:29 PM.
please, go ahead and patch/play with your game without this mod.

the update for this mod will be delayed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 2:14 PM
Cool! I hated when the butler cooked meals because she would never listen to me and read a book instead!
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 12:24 AM
is this mod compatible with 1.55?
Field Researcher
#93 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by himekku
is this mod compatible with 1.55?

No, it's not. We're all anxiously awaiting the update.
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 9:45 AM
Default please,
i hope play 1.55 patch version
thankyou
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:36 AM
Can you please, please, please update this to version 1.55!?!?! I want this soooo badly but I have the updated version. Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#96 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 9:07 PM
I'm also waiting for the update... The chef, the maid.. please...
Field Researcher
#97 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 10:31 PM
All my saved games are on hold because they included the chef and maid mods. I hope you find time to update them soon. Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 4:22 AM
Thank you for this!

I notice the old maid is gone. Are you going to update her as well? I am waiting to install IP because I love your helpers so much.
Inventor
Original Poster
#99 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 5:08 AM
Gonna take some time to update this Chef mod. I am not planning to update the maid anymore.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Gonna take some time to update this Chef mod. I am not planning to update the maid anymore.

Wow, that's really sad news. Well, thanks for all your work in the past, it was fun while it lasted!
Page 4 of 9