Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Driveway & Extensions

by roddyaleixo Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 9:58 AM - Updated 10th May 2006 at 4:19 AM by roddyaleixo

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 233 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 7:13 AM
Thank you so much I was so tired of having to pave the whole yard just because the 4 adults in my house all had to have their own car. Thank you very much

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming WOW!! What a ride. -anonymous
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 12:14 AM
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 2:49 PM
very nice!! now i can put the floors i want...thanks
Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 4:37 PM
How did you get the driveway to work?
Quote: Originally posted by ezwriterone
Wow! The modders here are fantastic. Used the invisible driveway last night and it worked perfectly. Thank you Rodrigo for the mod. And thanks Inge for the info on SimPE. Going over to the site now to upgrade my version.

:?: I've got nightlife and I've got it enabled for custom content but the invisible driveway (and several other things I've downloaded) still's not showing up in my game. I know I've put it in the right place because two of my most recent downloads are showing up but a lot of other things like cutom doors and windows AND THE INVISIBLE DRIVEWAY that I was soooo excited about aren't there! HELP!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 11:18 PM
yay! i've wanted something like this so bad. With the limitations i've the driveways, i was getting really annoyed! Thanks a lot!

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 4:25 AM
i thank you!!!!!! i saw this passed it up then fond i needed it >_< i thank you ance again!!!!

You live in the real world. I live in a world of vampires and werewolves; were things go bump in the night. And you know what? I like it! My mom wanted a princess, she got me instead. When you here a wolf howl to the moon you shudder in fear, I howl back.
#57 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 8:16 AM
Oh that's great, thank you!
Can it be placed over terrain paint and still be able to see the paint with the driveway over it?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 6:42 AM
I want to make a run-down lot, sort of like a dillapidated old farm house and I want a battered old pick-up truck on the lawn with muddy textures around it, rather than on a perfect driveway. This little addition is going to help me do just that. It will also allow me to make driveways using the ordinary tile sets so they will match the rest of the gardens on my other houses.

So thanks for this. I really don't know why Maxis didn't include an invisible driveway as it allows for much more creativity.
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 12:12 AM
Default Wanted different color driveway, but got better!
Thanks so much for this, I can't wait till I use it. I came on hoping to find a differnt color driveway than what the Sims had to offer and now my colors are as endless as the colors of the tiles. Many Thanks!

I met myself the other day, In quiet mouth, in eyes of Gray.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 4:14 PM
This is wonderful! I just installed University and Nightlife and have been busy playing those two EPs. After adding a few driveways that really 'uglified' the houses, I came to MTS2 for some recolors. I knew I'd find them and this is even better. Thanks roddyaleixo and thanks MTS2!
#61 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 4:29 AM
OMG! I could kiss you in three different languages! Thank You!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 4:23 PM
Nice! I don't like that brick driveway. Thanks!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 1:18 AM
... yes im definatly about to download this an go try it. i swear maxis i luv em but damn they are so limited.. maybe they do that to allow you wonderful creators the chance to show case your talents... but thank god for you all. i am gonna be searchin for sum recolors of the garage doors too id like sum fanciter ones more choises wit windows. but anyway im downloading an will try. from what im hearing they work wonderfully but i will report back anyway when i try them out.. great job again an cant wait to see what else we get to enjoy from you
smooches
Honey
:google:

Im not Weird i just like what i like
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:54 AM
Thank you so much for creating this, its just what we need in our game as we are so limited to the driveways they give us. You are wonderful for creating and sharing this with us.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 9:49 PM
Thank you very muych. Awesome.

Intru informatique...
Instructor
#66 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 9:38 AM
Thank you so much! I had no idea how to place it outside the boundaries! I tried moveobjects on but that didn't work. Not only did you provide me with a cool new driveway, but you also made my day because now I can place it where I want!
You are my hero!
Thank you!
Instructor
#67 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 2:08 AM
Hmm. Ok. I tried to place it but found that it won't go with moveobjects on (I know people are aware of this) so I made sure it was off but even with it off and locktiles false it would not let me put it down.. What am I doing wrong?
Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place. When I tried to search for things on the forums it gave me an error saying it would contact the moderators or something to inform them of the problem and the live chat appears to be broken... maybe it's just my internet.
I'm still really glad that you made this though. It's so cool! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 4:59 PM
did u try locktiles true? i dunno i actually dont type anything in ... until im wanting to place my tiles .. when placing the drive way i just select the invisible driveway from my folder it works just like the reg ones. ? but did you try typing true instead of false?

Im not Weird i just like what i like
Instructor
#69 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 7:05 AM
yes. I tried it with both locktiles true and with locktiles false. With false on it won't let me place it at all.
Instructor
#70 Old 7th Dec 2005 at 6:01 PM
What a great idea! Thanks so much for this. I was getting very sick of the few driveways I had, and of having to cover up my entire garden when my sims had more than one car per household!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 4:31 AM
Thank you!!

Many people don't belive ghost,you know why?Because they didn't see ghost.....
Please visit my forum The Simmerz.com
Field Researcher
#72 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 3:24 AM
I use this all the time. It is one of the simplest but most useful ideas I have ever seen for my game. Thanks over and over for doing this!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:39 PM
Love it!!!!!! Wow thank you so so much...now for curved driveways.......

My Avatar was made by the wonderful people of SIMply elau using one of my own sims.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:14 AM
Thank You!!!!

See all of my downloads HERE
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 7:36 AM
So good !! I love it !!

thank you so much!!
Page 3 of 11