Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 6:43 AM
Default Anyone else excited about Sims Medieval?

Waiting with baited breath (Turning purple by now) I'm very jazzed to hear about the new game coming out in March. (but, of course, I'll never stop playing S2, as long as there are awesome modders out there keeping our game interesting!)

It looks like it will be a combination of the Sim City Societies type of thing with the S1, S2 & S3 types.

I'm really hoping that there will be the possibility of CC with this game (buy & build modes), and some modders who will be able to make CC of the same excellent quality as we've been getting with our other fave games.

Any thoughts? Anyone know more about this?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 12:43 PM
I'm hyped about it alright. I actually like these Sims spin offs that tend to be different (so far Castaway Stories and Urbz succeeded, Urbz sucked but for other reasons).

I just hope it won't be so buggy.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 9:55 PM
No, I'm not excited anymore. The first time, I heard about this game, I thought, my dreams become true, but then, I heard, that children can't age, buildmode is limited...
... I'm disappointed.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 10:17 PM
Wait wait wait...... Children CAN'T age?!

Still a nice game to have if I have the money, since I've always liked all the Sims spin offs. Shame about the children though...

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 10:20 PM
I can't wait. I've already started saving up my money for it.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 10:51 PM
I'm excited for all the cool things that we'll be getting for TS3 from TSM but the game? No not at all, I want to make my own kingdoms the way I want them built spanning generations of history with gameplay that does not end.

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 12:31 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I don't care if the children don't age - hopefully my sim won't have any children. And I'm not sure, but I don't think I'll mind not being able to build. It looks like it might be fun to play in a different kind of world. Have to wait and see if I blew $49.99.
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 6:41 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I was considering pre-ordering, but I've decided against it since I really have no idea what it will actually play like and I can't just throw money at it. I'll have to peruse the reviews once it's well-established.
Banned
#9 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 11:22 AM
looks promiseing or thourgh that's i said adout sims 3 but hopefully it is better than sims 3. i am looking foward to getting it and i am wonbering will there de any custom content for it? on the sims medieval!
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
No, I'm not excited anymore. The first time, I heard about this game, I thought, my dreams become true, but then, I heard, that children can't age, buildmode is limited...
... I'm disappointed.

surprise; theyre all vampires.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#11 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:29 AM
I anticipate an interesting spin but excitement is not there yet. But it is appreciated that they are not overhyping with exaggerated claims like 'mindblowing, revolutionary, etc.' At the same time they are dodging the question of material. I say material, but I mean to ask 'will the process of completing tasks be engaging and challenging, or will it follow a linear hear-it-and-do-it affair?"
Banned
#12 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
children can't age

wat

I hate kids.
Alchemist
#13 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:25 PM
Yeah! Me wantz swordz!

-yaaaay, my 1000th post!!! And four months ago I only had like 300!-

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Banned
#14 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:41 PM
I want guns... but I guess swords are a start.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 11:19 AM
I am getting excited ! I hope and expect that they learned from Sims3 how to minimize glitches , bugs and game killing things.
This game is not the traditional Sims game, but more of a traditional role playing hack and slash type of game. It is targeted towards all of you who participated in MTS medieval month as well as bringing new players from the fantasy role playing arena into the Sims world. Here is a video clip from EA that explains the concept more clearly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJBcvJdMpmc
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 6:00 AM
I was fairly excited until I found out it was less of a traditional "sims" game than I thought. I was really hoping for something like TS3 put through a time machine, with build mode and actual families...

But it still looks like a pretty damn awesome game, just not something I'd buy. Or at least, not at launch.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:27 AM
I have ordered it and spent some time explaining to my younger kids what Medieval meant. Eventually my 4 year old remarked that it sounded good because you could pee anywhere and no-one told you off. My 12 year old said Sims don't pee. Ah the thrills of family life. Anyhow, it looks exiting to me and I am looking eagerly to playing a King and ordering everyone about----
Retired
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 2:46 PM
I am so sick of the marketing for this incredibly lacklustre sounding title. I just want the next true EP announced. Sims Medieval looks to me like a big, ugly missed opportunity.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 3:39 PM
@kiwi_tea: Well, look on the bright side. If the TS3 and Medieval engines are similar enough, expect to see the assets ripped from Medieval for use in TS3. This is what happened with Castaway, too.

So perhaps you'll get a stuff pack?

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 5:11 PM
I'm kinda excited about it. I've been into medieval times since forever and this simply sounds too good to be true. Just gotta wait and see.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 5:48 PM
I'm pretty excited about it. I haven't pre-ordered it or anything, but I'll probably go out and buy it when it comes out. I've also always had a thing for the middle ages so this game is right up my alley, even if it isn't entirely like a true Sims game.

Legends of Dragon Valley - A Sims 3 Random Legacy
Inventor
#22 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 7:42 AM
I'm not super excited about it. it does sound intriguing and i might end up buying it eventually, but like Oaktree, I'm waiting on user reviews. hell, its only now that I'm considering getting Sims3, since my friends that have been playing since its release are finally giving me enough good reasons to like it.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 12:00 PM
Finally I can be the story catalyst, the witch in the tower, and those good for nothing heros can come see me, I hope it has magical items and enchanting so my witch can give away legendary artifacts like excalibur for a price of course, ahhh Yuko Ichihara will be proud.

As for children not aging that doesn't bother me there's always the pit for unwanted offspring haha and the limited build I can deal with as I can still change the look of things by editing the decoration and coloring.

I have it pre-ordered and cant wait
Instructor
#24 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 2:42 PM
This is just an RPG and will only be as good as the game's quests (which aren't detailed yet on the website - coming "soon", it promises). Once all the quests are done, I doubt there will be much replay value since there isn't any aging or building. My conclusion: not a true Sims game and I will probably skip it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 7:33 PM
hi everyone im new here and i have 1 question..well i lived with a bf in sacromento and i moved back to richmond my game is on his comp (sims 3) and i want to know how to transfer my game to my comp. i dont care about starting over
Page 1 of 2