Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Seraph" Curly Hair for Females (All Ages!)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Jan 2007 at 11:38 AM - Updated 25th Aug 2014 at 1:06 PM by HystericalParoxysm

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:33 PM
Funny how some perfectly lovely adult sims make hideous children. I had a family that frightened me with its eldritch-looking spawn, but they grew up to look just as nice as the parents.

Anyhow, I've really been looking forward to this hair. Awesome.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 5:00 PM
I've been looking for a female version of the Cherub hair for Females for a long time. Thank you for uploading.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:34 PM
WOW !!! Spectacular hair . . . And knowing that it's just the female version of your Cherub hair. lol

From out of time and place,
I'm a girl with the elven grace.
Before you knock on the door,
Don't forget to look at the mirror.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:54 PM
I've always liked the male version, and I'm glad that you made a female one. I'm sort of surprised at how it turned out, though -- the hair seems to start very far back on the head, AFTER the forehead has already started curving back to the top of the head. It makes it look as if the woman has the beginnings of male pattern baldness. I know nothing at all about meshing -- would it be a lot of work to tilt the whole thing forward a bit, so that the hair starts where a normal hairline would?

Thanks for all the good work you do and all the lovely things you share with us!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:05 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 4th Jan 2007 at 9:19 PM.
I think my model sim's just got a bit of a big forehead. The hairline doesn't start very far back from the actual edge where the scalp and forehead meet at all. If you look at the profile of the toddler version (which is identical to the previous toddler version), it's most pronounced there - she's got a big domey forehead. I normally tweak her face up a couple clicks if I'm putting her in something that doesn't cover her hairline, but, well, I kinda like high foreheads and it sorta worked for the ethnicish feel of the style on women, so... yeah. Put it on a sim-in game and see how it works... I think the forehead/hairline thing won't be noticeable on a sim with more normal proportions.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:26 PM
Woooo! Thank you SO much for making these female versions! You're really excellent at making (original) hairdo's. I enjoy the game a lot more!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 2:10 AM
I really love all the hairs you've been doing lately, they are all so beautiful. I think you may have become my favorite hair mesher. I did want to point out a slight problem with this one, though. The mesh that the teen red texture uses seems to be the male version of the mesh, with the slightly different hair shape, and doesn't quite connect correctly to the head. I'm using the cherub add-on version, in case it's just a problem with that one.
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 2:49 AM
Girl,it took me an HOUR to download this (I keep getting the PROBLEM LOADING 'busy signal,' lol!) It is SO worth it though. I agree with you on needing more MASCULINE hair for the guys but this is my FAVORITE!!! I'm so excited to have it for my girls. Love it, love you, off to make a new sim!! Oh yeah, and THANK YOU!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 3:48 AM
You have just made my day. Thank you so much! I've been wanting this hair for women since you first made it for men. I can't wait to see what other fabulous hairstyles you have up your sleeve. You are a HAIR GODDESS!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I think my model sim's just got a bit of a big forehead. The hairline doesn't start very far back from the actual edge where the scalp and forehead meet at all. [...] Put it on a sim-in game and see how it works... I think the forehead/hairline thing won't be noticeable on a sim with more normal proportions.

Thank you for answering my question; that's very sweet of you.

And, as always, thanks for all the great things you make!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 6:31 AM
Miss Puff - Thanks for letting me know! I'd messed up in re-linking the cloned recolour from the male version to the female version for the teen version of the red... I thought I'd tested to make sure all the ages were working right but I guess I'd missed that one in the awe-inspiring tedium of linking ages. An updated file is attached.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:36 AM
Thanks HP! now I can make My girlfriend Jade.

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 3:17 AM
This is the first time i've ever posted on MS2. You have without a doubt some of the best short hair meshes I've ever seen. I look forward to more of your hair styles to come. Thank you Thank you.
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 7:07 AM
Adorable. I love the curlyness. I can see that you put a lot of work into these.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 10:45 PM
Thank you so much HP, i have been waiting in anticipation for this hair!!

**No Requests**
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:10 AM
Wonderful hair HP, thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:22 AM
I want this hair so badly! I downloaded the Stand Alone Mesh no problem, But I ran into trouble when I tried to download the recolors. I'm using WinRAR to extract the files, and it keeps popping up the following message:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Stephanie\Desktop\MTS2_438536_HystericalParoxysm_Seraph-Recolours.rar: CRC failed in HR_F_Seraph_NaturalBlack_HystericalParoxysm-DemusedSims-MTS2.package. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Stephanie\Desktop\MTS2_438536_HystericalParoxysm_Seraph-Recolours.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Do you (or anyone ese here) know what my problems may be and how I can fix it? I really want this in my game.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:25 AM
gorgeous! I love em!

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#44 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 6:38 AM
Very nice HP! :0) thanks. :0)
Field Researcher
#45 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 6:54 PM
Thanks for the lovely and creative hair you make =) I do want to point out something and I'm sorry if this comes across as rude because i'm not trying to be, just trying to give you constructive criticism, but the brown shades of some of your hair seem very reddy. I was wondering if maybe you could make them a bit less red for future hair? Thanks anyway =)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 7:02 PM
You're welcome to recolour them yourself, Pixelen.

I personally like browns toward auburn, and my idea of black is most people's "very dark brown" - to each their own, which is why I happily allow people to recolour using my textures - and it should be easy, as all ages use all the same textures. Indeed, for this hair, the Cherub and Seraph hairs use exactly the same textures so you could recolour both at once if you so chose.

Instructor
#47 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 6:05 PM
I just found this and your male version. How did I miss these? They rock and I am so glad you did them. Thanks

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:59 AM
ahh... my downfall... more hair for my sims! thanks for sharing!!

Joy
True Image Of Happiness

a.k.a. Small Town Sim
Forum Resident
#49 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 10:24 PM
nice thanks

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:10 PM Last edited by floopyboo : 8th May 2007 at 2:11 PM. Reason: missed something important.
Hi, I love this hair and have been using it since before pets without problems. Just recently (about a month into my install of Seasons) the female adult (black) is defaulting to the long straight maxis hair and the female teen (black) is completely missing & just showing a huge cutaway where the hair should be.

I haven't had a look at the other colours & ages though.

Living high contrast
Page 2 of 3