Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 7:32 AM
Sounds like you forgot to update mipmaps. You can read explanation of what they are in this InfoCenter thread.
To update mipmaps, you can either use UpdateAllSizes (not best choice) or install nVidia DDS utilities and build mipmaps via Build DXT - more about installing and using utilities in basic recolor tutorial.
It's not a food-specific problem
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:02 AM
I came to update you that I found the problem before I knew you replied

I figured out the UpdateAllSizes option, so the zoom in/out thing is fixed. I have it working perfectly now (and I downloaded DDS utilities for the future).

My only other question is about the fridge menu. It took away my original Cereal and replaced it with the Cheerios I made. So, I made a new cereal to see if it would write over the Cheerios. It did. So, I was wondering if it's possible to make "Cereal..." a catagory and then make other cereal names as sub catagories so that I can make any from the list at a particular time?

Thanks again for your help
Instructor
#78 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 7:59 AM
It's possible, of couse - add extra slash for submenu building. For example, HaveDinner string would have to be 'Have Dinner.../Cereal.../Cheerios' ('...' is not required, it's just to look like Maxis menus).
Test Make/MakeMany menus separately, though - AFAIK they are built using string in CTSS, so you should try to change it accordingly, not certain if it will work.
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 9:48 PM
Hmm, I tried that and the menus do look different now. However, the second cereal is still overwriting the first one. I'm ok with just having one kind of cereal, but I'm looking into making different kinds of foods, and I hope this won't be a problem for other choices. I'm sure there is some way to fix this.
Instructor
#80 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sillylittlepanda
the second cereal is still overwriting the first one
You hadn't forgotten to give yours new guid? Both cereal and its menu must have new guids, and you need to update two bhavs with them.
Test Subject
#81 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady DarkFire
Nesta: Can you send me your cereal package? I'll take a look at it and see if I can help you out with it.

Karenh3: The reason why the "Call to Meal" option isn't available on those custom foods is mostly likely because the creator made them base game compatible. The only way that I know of is to re-clone the custom food by not making it base game compatible. It would be best though to simply ask the creator to make a second version available with the OFB functions.

Simkiller14: This tutorial was written for an old version of SimPE but the method is similar and can be applied to the newer SimPE's available.

-------

By the way, considering this tutorial is a bit out of date I am more than happy to create one that applies to the new SimPE. Would anyone be interested in that and how would I go about posting one here?
Please do post one, I've been looking for an up to date tutorial for weeks
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd May 2009 at 12:52 AM
Oooooh Dear Thats Difficult To Read
Test Subject
#83 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:11 PM
needs an update SimPE looks a lot different from this tutorial
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#84 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:17 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=277555 << updated. I will edit the first post to show this link.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#85 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:00 AM
Does it still work?
Page 4 of 4