Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:00 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 30th Aug 2009 at 8:35 PM.
Secret Ninja: Because Santa is a WUSS: PRESENTS DUE TODAY

Secret Ninja: Because Santa is a WUSS

Don't you love Christmas? The love, the joy, the spiked eggnog, the improperly prepared chicken that makes everyone sick for a week, the festivities and, most importantly, the free stuff?

Well, guess what, guys? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SANTA!

*insert pause for audience members to start freaking out and possibly crying*

No! We're just kidding! No Timmy, please stop crying- I was just kidding Timmy! See- Santa's on TV! Don't you see him Timmy? Yes! That's a good boy! Go watch Santa, Timmy! Go watch Santa!

*cough* Yes. But Secret Santa is so cliche. And face it, everyone is so busy during Christmas! So we here at Nintendorks have decided that we will have a Secret Ninja instead!

No, Timmy. Santa is not a ninja. Please, Timmy, go back to watching Santa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Did you just steal this idea from GOS Secret Santa?
A: Of course not! I stole it and then added Ninjas! Seriously, though, the basic idea still goes to Nymphy from GOS, who was nice enough to let me use her idea and I cannot thank her enough for that. I would have changed the system more, but there's really not much that needed to be fixed and it was a fun idea.

Q: I'm new to Nintendorks. I haven't even posted before. Can I still join?
A: Of course! The more the merrier! Nintendorks are many things, but an exclusive club in not one of them. It would be great to see some new members! This was made for the whole community, not just the Nintendorks!

Q: When does it take place?
A: We will start accepting participants right now and will be accepting participants until July 28. After that date, we will still kinda sorta be accepting participants, but since that's when we start working on our charts for who is Secret Ninja for who, there's a good chance you won't be able to participate and will be rejected. So get in your participation posts in time! Once the sign-up date has passed, everyone will be assigned a Secret Ninja. You will have until August 30 to finish your gift.

Q: So, do we buy gifts or something?
A: Haha! Silly question person! Nintendorks are too cheap to do that! No, we'll be MAKING gifts! Sims related gifts. In other words, CC gifts.

Q: But I suck at making CC! Everything I make comes out looking like it has some sort of venereal disease!
A: That's a-ok with us! Creators, new, very new, old, very old, and somewhere in-between are also welcome to join! You can make sims, lots, objects clothes, recolors, anything you want! However, since many Nintendorks frequent Creator Feedback, newer (or older) creators may want a way to get feedback on their object without alerting their Secret Ninja recipient.
Do you not have time to create something, but you'd like to help others with their creations by giving feedback? Sign up to be a Feedback Ninja! These can be very important in helping people make the best gifts they can! Feedback Ninjas must be available for PMing every day or so, so don't sign up if you can't come on frequently! Also, please tell us what abilities you have, so that someone doesn't PM you thinking you know all about Global Mods, even when you know nothing about them. Raps and WWW are available for PMing already, though we'll probably take some time to get back to you, so don't leave things for the last minute!
As we get more Feedback Ninjas, we'll post them to this list, and they will also be available for PMing. Be sure to give enough information about what your creation should look like and be sure to include pictures, or other important info if you're doing something like a global mod. We want to make sure our Feedback Ninjas get enough info to help you! You can also sign up to be a Feedback Ninja even if you're going to create a gift, but be sure to have enough time for all that! So, we have the following people who you may pm during Secret Ninja to get feedback on your creations: (we also take volunteers)

Feedback Ninjas
-WhiteWaterWood
-Rapsheba555
-Dj Music

Q: Okay, I made my gift. How do I send it?
A: On August 30, you will send a pm to your Secret Ninja, saying something along the lines of "Happy Ninja Day! I am your secret Ninja! Here, have some free stuff!" While this isn't an upload, you should still include some basic information about your secret ninja gift. No "open the rar file and get a surprise!" type gifts. Even though your gift was made with the gift-receiver's EPs and SPs in mind, you should still list the EPs and SPs needed (aka the ones you had installed while building it.) In addition, please include one or two large photos that show what your gift (or gifts) is. If it's a house, please include a CC list of some kind that explains what is in the house and the rar or zip file. When sending your secret ninja gift, please upload it to a filesharing site and then pm the link to the person to save MTS bandwidth. Here are some filesharing sights you may want to consider. (please nothing to the person has to log in or pay for to get the file) Also, please rar or zip your gift.

http://www.mediafire.com/
http://www.rapidshare.com/
http://www.sendspace.com/

Q: What about creator policies and stuff? Do I have to follow them, since it's a gift and all?
A: Because this is a gift and not an upload, we're not going to stress any rules about creator policies. This seems to fall pretty much in the 'personal use' category, as only two people are going to be using it. If you upload the gift, then you'll have to respect policies and link back and take out pay content and all that other stuff, but since gifts shouldn't require lots of: "go find so and so's mesh and I can't include this and oh so sorry this part I can't give you." we're not going to be picky. I figure since this is MTS2 and people are used to respecting policies anyway, it won't be a huge issue. Just don't claim someone else's work as your own. Rip it up, stuff some textures and sparkly things on it, put it back together, and wrap it with a bow for your Secret Ninja, but don't actually steal it. Then again, if you needed to be told that you probably don't belong here in the first place.

Q: I'm so proud of my Secret Ninja gift that I want to be able to share it with other people. Can I?
A: That totally depends on your secret ninja recipient. It IS their gift after all. If you want to share it, you'll have to ask them first. (although I doubt there will be any "mine! all mine!" responses.) Even if they do say yes, I would suggest waiting at least a month after the contest's end to upload it or share it with other people. Let them enjoy the pretty on their own for a while!

Q: Yay! Stuff! I'm going to throw together something in 5 minutes and get an awesome gift in return!
A: Uh, no. No you're not. I really really hope this will never come up, because I have more faith in you guys than that, but I want to make it clear: Your gift should reflect more than just the "free stuff!" that is Secret Ninja's motto. It's a gift. It's a way to make friends and bring the community together. Your gift should be more than just an entry, it should be a reflection of the best you can do. If you only spend half and hour putting together something together, does that really reflect the best of your abilities? Heck no! You should put lots of time in effort into this gift. That's the main reason we have Feedback Ninjas! While this isn't a contest, you want to give a gift that is the very best you can do. Ninjas may not be wusses, but we do give bad-ass hugs.

Q: What if I can't do Secret Ninja by the specified time?
A: If you are too busy with school work, vacations, epic battles and other pre-scheduled events, we're giving certain people 2 or 3 day leeway. You have to contact us first, and no, we will not accept: "But my dog ate my computer!" We have already tried that several times with the teacher. It doesn't work. Everyone should still work hard to get it in on time. Also, if you will be out of town and unable to pm the person on that day, send it to me or Raps and we will send it for you in your name. We prefer this rather than you giving a present late.

Q: How will I know who my Secret Ninja is?
A: It's secret Ninja. Ninjas are SNEAKY. So, in true Ninja tradition, we're going to be pm-ing people. You'll get a pm saying who you're giving a gift to.

Q: Can I talk about who I'm giving a gift to with other people?
A: What kinda of ninja are you? Of course you can't! You can't even talk about it with people outside Nintendorks, because there's a good chance they're enemy ninjas. If someone asks you, you must hit them with your nun-chucks, like a good ninja.

Q: Do we have to sign official paperwork?
A: Of course! Just answer all the questions on form 1G4325409MitsubishiSushi-0E! These are questions to make sure no one gets a gift that they can't use or don't want.

Q: What happens if I get hit by a nun-chuck, end up in the hospital and am unable to participate?
A: Then we beat you over the head. No, seriously, we hopefully have a backup plan. Keep in mind that just "being too busy" is an excuse that is frowned on. Please make sure you'll be able to make a gift before signing up. Check your schedule, clean your calender up a bit, but keep in mind that Secret Ninja is a commitment, not a "if-I-feel-like-it." Also, if you drop out, you will not receive your gift. If you do not make a Secret Ninja present, you do not get a Secret Ninja present. Simple as that. Please withdraw as soon as possible, please, because withdrawals 3 days before the deadline are going to make us some very angry ninjas. Only a very good excuse (such as death) will save you.

If someone has to drop out and you are willing to make two gifts, please state that in your post. Your name will be listed here: (we would really appreciate this!)

Backup Ninjas

To enter, please sign the following form and post below with the answers filled in: (Remember, if you don't fill it out, we come to your house at night and shoot you. Don't think we won't! WWW is a Texan, after all.)

Quote:
Form Letter 1G4325409MitsubishiSushi-0E

Liked Styles: The should be a very broad section. Keep in mind that this is a gift, not a request, so you have to leave this section very open. You can list things like goth, punk, neon, grunge, sci fi, steampunk, etc. The more open you are in this section, the better!
Disliked styles: Again, don't get too picky. List just a few things like photo-skinning, neon, modern or game mods. Once again, try to leave this section open.
Owned/Used EPs: We don't want to give you a gift you can't use! This section if for what Ep's you use. If you own them, all, but only ever play with university, NL and basegame, only list those 3 packs. Don't forget to mention stuff-packs! Also, of you only want sims2 stuff or only want sims3 stuff or only own sims2, put that here as well. This will help us to pair up people best suited for one another.
Favorite colors: Figured we might as well add this in as well. Not as important as the liked and disliked styles, but something your secret santa might want to take into account.
Backup Ninja: If someone drops out and some poor soul is left without a gift, will you be willing to make another gift in addition to your regular gift?

Most importantly: Have fun! Also, please don't disturb Timmy. He's still in his happy place.

Participating Members: (this list is currently under construction)
1. AnimalMad
2. Corrie
3. Elephant
4. Vampire_aninyosaloh
5. WhiteWaterWood
6. tree4me
7. GuardStud08
8. Vampire_of_death
9. Power Cosmic
10. JoninMobile
11. ZimZ
12. EvilWario
13. Anubis360
14. Sparkle_x
15. Kiara24
16. cassslas1996

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:05 PM Last edited by AnimalMad : 15th Jul 2009 at 8:02 PM.
Liked Styles: Goth, neon, emo, rainbow - pretty much everything. I love colours and dark stuff
Disliked styles: grunge, photoskin, pink
Owned/Used EPs: All but Teen style stuff
Favorite colors: Blue red black and orange
Back up Ninja: Yep
------------------------
I can be a feedback Ninja if you need one
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
need I say "tada?"

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Anime Addict
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:08 PM
Liked Styles: Anything at all that's usable.
Disliked Styles: Anything that unusable.
Owned EP/SP: All of them.
Fav Colours: Blue, Red, Black, pretty much every one but pink and purple. backup Ninja: Of course.

Also I can help with feeback on houses etc. if thats ok.

EDIT: Also, OMG. Raps made it!!!

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:08 PM
*spreads arms wide open* TADA!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:10 PM
who the hell is timmy

$$$ MONEY!!!!!! :D
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#7 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:10 PM
Form Letter 1G4325409MitsubishiSushi-0E

Liked Styles: Just about anything really
Disliked styles: Western, Pink everything,
Owned/Used EPs: All EPs and all SPs except for Celebration and K&B (But can use any game starter)
Favorite colors: Green! backup Ninja: No, I also have to keep the workshop in line.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corrie
EDIT: Also, OMG. Raps made it!!!

WWW did all the hard work. She came up with the concept and wrote this all up. i just did the pretty picture, a couple of proofreads, and some coloration. :P

Anime Addict
#9 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM
No, i mean, as in, you Made it here.

My Alter Ego's

Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:15 PM
It also stands mentioning that Raps put up with me freaking out over everything and pm-ing him at odd times.

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:15 PM Last edited by Vampire_aninyosaloh : 15th Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM.
Yes... I'm really slow reading...

Liked Styles: goth, punk, emo... alternative in general
Disliked styles: cybergoth and kids stuff
Owned/Used EPs: Glamour Life, Celebration, H&M Fashion, Teen Style, Kitchen & Bath, Ikea Home, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons and Bon Voyage
Favorite colors: black and purple
Backup Ninja: of course

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corrie
No, i mean, as in, you Made it here.

ah, got you. Yeah, I finally heard my alarm going off. I'm still groggy and in my underwear.

Nina: eh, it's quit fine, there's a lot to read.

Anime Addict
#13 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:19 PM
lol, that sounds like me, not the underwear part though. I'm not a morning person. or a day person. Acutally, im not an "anytime of the day" person.

My Alter Ego's

Scholar
#14 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:23 PM
im a night person
i am not sleepy when it is night out
but i am when its day
i don't know why

Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:24 PM
Same here Raps. I haven't even taken a shower. I'm just sitting here in my PJ's daydreaming about the cold pizza in the fridge. :P

Scholar
#16 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:25 PM
lucky you got cold pizza in your fridge

Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM
*feels loved*

Theorist
#18 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:32 PM
*wants to get this thread back on topic*
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:35 PM
Yes, now who else will join?

Zombie Socks
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:37 PM
Actually, as is a cherished Nintendorks theme, this will similarly be as off-topic as possible! Only this time, there's a reason. We want people to be able to find this thread easily. We want to keep it on the first page. So spam away my friends! We have our own way of keeping this thread organized, as a link to your form posts will be put in the main thread page.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 6:38 PM
Leave it to WWW to come up with a better idea than me!

Theorist
#22 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM
ooh spam! A quick and easy way to raise your post count
Typical
#23 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:33 PM
Liked Styles: Kids... what can I say??
Disliked styles: Sorry but... anything dark.
Owned/Used EPs: All, apart from M&G and that holiday sp.
Favorite colors: BLUE!!! backup Ninja: No.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:48 PM
Liked Styles: Alternative, grunge, punk.
Disliked Styles: Kids, rainbows, happy flowers, gumdrops, unicorn farts...etc...
Owned/Used EPs: Uni, NL, OFB, FFS.
Favourite Colours: Dark purple and black. backup Ninja: Sure, why not?

It'll be fun to get creating again.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Typical
#25 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:57 PM
Please don't kill me but... *Prepares for hanging* My ts2 won't start!!! So I can't even do the workshop

Page 1 of 13