Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Autonomous Phone Actions (OUTDATED)

by SimsProductions Posted 29th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM by SimsProductions

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Erm, having the mod in for several hours already, the kid in my last played family autonomously played Blick-block on his phone.

Yup, I fixed that. Please download the updated version
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsProductions
Yup, I fixed that. Please download the updated version
Cool! Thanks for updating!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 3:03 AM
On my TS4 game the autonomous phone usage was so bad it reminded me of how often the Sims were autonomously using their phones in TS3 after university EP and that patch. I just had to get a mod for it in TS3, and I want to get this one too. This should help with one of my top reasons why I hated TS4. Thank you for your hard work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 11:22 AM
THANK YOU! I was waiting for a mod like this. I hated it so much in the Sims 3 and still hate it now. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're a sanity saver!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
Got the newest version yesterday and my sim is still using his phone. I have some other mods so I know it's installed correctly, but none of those should clash with this that I can see. He doesn't seem to play games or anything though, just browse web. And he is a tech guru at the moment, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

I take that back...just saw him play a game, too.

Hm that's very odd. I've tested the mod myself with kids, teens, young adults, adults and elders for a whole Sim day. None of them used their phones. It does sound like his career somehow overrides the mod. Could you send me your save file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:36 PM
Hopefully I did it right; it's just a generic neighborhood I saved him into, fresh game, but he's actually doing it when the save starts (or at least he was when I saved it).

And does he still automatically use his phone after that? Did you save the game while he was playing a game or browsing the web?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:55 PM
Yes, I saved him into my library and put him in a brand new game to see what would happen, which is the file i sent you, and he browsed the web and played a game as soon as he got the chance. And yes, it was saved mid browse (or game...forget which).

I see. I didn't get anything :o
Could you PM me with a link to the file? Or an attachment if that's possible (never tried that myself).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:14 PM
Okay, this is really bizarre. But I'd checked my patch version to make sure everything was up to date with the current patch level, and it was. But when I exited the game to send you the files and such, it updated for the ghosts and whatever else, and now he's not doing it. H'es been standing way off alone with his fun bar in red for 6 sim hours, and nothing. I have to run irl, but I may have wasted your time, because whatever the new patch did may have solved it. I'll let you know later on today when I have time to try it further.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 8:43 PM
Okay, this is really bizarre. But I'd checked my patch version to make sure everything was up to date with the current patch level, and it was. But when I exited the game to send you the files and such, it updated for the ghosts and whatever else, and now he's not doing it. H'es been standing way off alone with his fun bar in red for 6 sim hours, and nothing. I have to run irl, but I may have wasted your time, because whatever the new patch did may have solved it. I'll let you know later on today when I have time to try it further.

I've played your save for a full 24 Sim hours and he didn't use his phone once. Hopefully the mod works for you now but If you still run into any issues then please message me again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:21 PM
It does seem to be working correctly now, so I guess it was my game. Thanks again for a much needed mod and your time.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:06 AM
Thank you so much for the update, I would not like to play without this mod, it makes such a difference.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:11 PM
Gosh, my sim was proposing and HE PULLED THE PHONE OUT!! That was maybe a glitch but SO NOT ON!
So thanks for this :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:18 PM
This is really awesome!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:49 AM
Thank you !
Scholar
#40 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 5:13 PM
The one thing that would make this perfect:

Disable the "Selfie" autonomous-idles.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:50 PM
Thank you so much, this was my biggest petpeeve with sims 4. I loathe mobilezombies
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 11:32 PM
thank you was starting to hate phones lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:00 AM
My sim won't stop texting! He keeps sending friendly and insulting texts to his friends. He was doing this right before his wedding party so i'd imagine if he kept doing it he'd have no friends by the time the party started lol!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 9:59 PM
Is this compatible with the Dec 16th patch?
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'm trying to determine whether this mod is working properly.

My Sims don't play with their phones autonomously when not actively doing something, but the only time I noticed them doing it autonomously in the first place was when they were eating. This was why I sought out this mod. They are still occasionally pulling their phones out of their butts while eating.

So, I guess my question is, is this mod actually working, and what I'm seeing while they're eating is not actually an action, but merely an animation? Or is it not working?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:09 AM
thank u hoho
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 6:41 AM
whats the girls name
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 2:48 AM
This mod is compatible with the newest patch.

@SJActress

You're right, they're not real interactions, just 'empty' animations. I can't disable those.

@cookiemonster14

I honestly have no clue. You should be able to find her in the gallery!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 2:55 AM
my goodness.... I'm so glad that this mod exists..... this was one of the top things on the list which I hated about Sims 4..... THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:47 PM
is this still compatible with the January 13th patch? Thanks.
Page 2 of 4