Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Autonomous Phone Actions (OUTDATED)

by SimsProductions Posted 29th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM by SimsProductions

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katiejesse8
is this still compatible with the January 13th patch? Thanks.

Yup.
Instructor
#52 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:26 PM
Hello SimProductions quick Q: will this conflict with scumbumbo's Call Anytime + Relationship Mod?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Hello SimProductions quick Q: will this conflict with scumbumbo's Call Anytime + Relationship Mod?

Nope, it won't.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 5:54 AM
good job
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 12:15 AM
That's odd, I don't know if it's due to the last update but when your mod is in the 'gaming' section of the phone disappears (with the play and the web browsing - dunno how it's called in English); I remove your mod and the button on the phone UI reappears. I' hope you'll update it soon as they're really annoying with their phone OCD but I badly need that entertainment button on the phone!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 2:49 AM
rkatkgkqslek
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
That's odd, I don't know if it's due to the last update but when your mod is in the 'gaming' section of the phone disappears (with the play and the web browsing - dunno how it's called in English); I remove your mod and the button on the phone UI reappears. I' hope you'll update it soon as they're really annoying with their phone OCD but I badly need that entertainment button on the phone!

Wow, that's very odd. So with the mod installed the 'play a game' option disappears? I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 5:20 PM
I am playing a version of the game where I pretend my sims are 17th century peasants. A big part of the gameplay is trying to keep them from being miserable in pre-modern conditions. Taking away their cell phones was vital!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Skpamd : 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:51 AM.
Hey SimsProductions I am having a problem with your mod and thought I better let you know. I noticed today that if I have your mod my Sim will immediately upon launch uses the toilet then wash hands, then uses the toilet then wash hands, then uses the toilet then wash hands, this goes on non stop until I find another activity for my Sim to do. Then if she finishes the activity she will immediately run to the toilet and the entire thing starts again. If I take your mod out it seems to stop to the problem, which makes me very sad

UPDATE: Being OCD and extremely curious I did some more research because it just didn't make sense to me. So I made multiple characters 3 females, 3 males, some neat others not. Any males I place on the Bargain Bend lot (which is where I built my house) just stood there did nothing at all until I told them what to do unless another Sim walked by. Then I tried females each and everyone ran to the bathroom first thing, other then the insane chick that did some weird face thing and then ran to the bathroom. Each of the females ended up doing the use toilet then wash hands on an endless cycle until I found them something to do. I thought maybe it was the lot. So I decided to test another lot that had a maxis house on it. The males and the females immediately went to the TV or the bookcase and got books. That made me even more curious. So on the maxis made house I removed the TV and the bookcase and tested again. Sure enough all the men just stood outside the house twiddling their thumbs doing nothing and every single one of the females ran first thing into the house and began the cycle of toilet and hand washing. I am not sure if it is the mod causing this, or a game thing that is programmed that causes females to use their cell phones more frequently so hence with out the phone the mod is causing them to have to do something.

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit & the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (Skpamd)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skpamd
Hey SimsProductions I am having a problem with your mod and thought I better let you know. I noticed today that if I have your mod my Sim will immediately upon launch uses the toilet then wash hands, then uses the toilet then wash hands, then uses the toilet then wash hands, this goes on non stop until I find another activity for my Sim to do. Then if she finishes the activity she will immediately run to the toilet and the entire thing starts again. If I take your mod out it seems to stop to the problem, which makes me very sad

UPDATE: Being OCD and extremely curious I did some more research because it just didn't make sense to me. So I made multiple characters 3 females, 3 males, some neat others not. Any males I place on the Bargain Bend lot (which is where I built my house) just stood there did nothing at all until I told them what to do unless another Sim walked by. Then I tried females each and everyone ran to the bathroom first thing, other then the insane chick that did some weird face thing and then ran to the bathroom. Each of the females ended up doing the use toilet then wash hands on an endless cycle until I found them something to do. I thought maybe it was the lot. So I decided to test another lot that had a maxis house on it. The males and the females immediately went to the TV or the bookcase and got books. That made me even more curious. So on the maxis made house I removed the TV and the bookcase and tested again. Sure enough all the men just stood outside the house twiddling their thumbs doing nothing and every single one of the females ran first thing into the house and began the cycle of toilet and hand washing. I am not sure if it is the mod causing this, or a game thing that is programmed that causes females to use their cell phones more frequently so hence with out the phone the mod is causing them to have to do something.

Hi, thanks for letting me know.

This is the AI system freaking out as far as I know, Sims desperately want to use their phone but my mod prevents them from doing that.
My mod does not edit any game files except for the smartphone interactions and right now I don't know why they freak out like that.
Why it only happens to female Sims is a mystery too, I really have no clue

The best way right now to get rid of the hand washing is to download my 'No More Autonomous Hand Washing ' mod. It should break the interaction loop.

SimsProductions
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsProductions
Hi, thanks for letting me know.

This is the AI system freaking out as far as I know, Sims desperately want to use their phone but my mod prevents them from doing that.
My mod does not edit any game files except for the smartphone interactions and right now I don't know why they freak out like that.
Why it only happens to female Sims is a mystery too, I really have no clue

The best way right now to get rid of the hand washing is to download my 'No More Autonomous Hand Washing ' mod. It should break the interaction loop.

SimsProductions

LOL and with No More Autonomous Hand Washing she just uses the toliet non stop on a never ending loop. Although annoying it is hilarious.

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit & the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (Skpamd)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:10 PM
thank you!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM
Hi, has this been updated for Get To Work? Thank you!
Scholar
#64 Old 3rd May 2015 at 10:58 AM
I don't think this is working since I installed Get to work or with the latest patch that was released on the 13th April 2015. My sims are again always on their phones its very annoying...LOL
Could you please take a look at the mod to see if it indeed needs updating. Thanks
Instructor
#65 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:10 AM
My sims are not always on their phones, but the teens especially are always taking pics of their date w/their phone. Kind of annoying. I have Get to Work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:23 PM
Finally downloaded this. I hope it will help my sims to recover from their addiction to mobile phones (lol).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 4:16 AM
THANK YOU! One of my Sims keeps playing games on his phone whenever I leave him to his own devices. It's aggravating. -_- Hopefully this mod will direct his attention elsewhere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 5:21 AM
yay! No more tapping away at that stupid phone for hours when their needs are full! XD
Scholar
#69 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 6:03 AM
This needs an update to work with December 2015 Patch......
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:18 AM
please update! >.< I'm so annoyed with my sims taking selfies of their foods every meal! QQ
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 11:43 AM
please update December 2015 patch
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 7:31 PM
Please update for the Newest patch.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 8th Jan 2016 at 3:08 PM.
Update is up

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:01 PM
Thanks for the update :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:44 PM
The update is now up (updated 01-09-16 5:30PM CET). Please download the latest version and remove any older versions you might have!

(special thanks to Lodakai)
Page 3 of 4