Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#22951 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
I wonder how long it'll take before you get angry comments from the yibs

Okay, I've stayed quiet on this but it needs to stop. You're basically attacking other community members at this point.
You can voice your opinion without calling people 'yibs' in a derogatory fashion.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#22952 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OrokanaruOtouto
Am I late

Never!

man those amazon reviews grew fast earlyer there where only 14
I'm kinda torn atm, every dutch site atm is hyping up the game and people seem really into it, I didn't wonna comment cause i'd be the only one making a rant comment ._.
and i'm not even that mad, i'm just still abit gloomy about this game i guess
Lab Assistant
#22953 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
There we go, game stuck on eternal load screen. There goes my game progress, Fuck this game.

What a "#weird" game!
Field Researcher
#22954 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zanfall
Okay, I've stayed quiet on this but it needs to stop. You're basically attacking other community members at this point.
You can voice your opinion without calling people 'yibs' in a derogatory fashion.

It's not directed at any specific member. "Yibs" is a generic, and slightly jokey term, in my opinion.

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Lab Assistant
#22955 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoggoth
There we go, game stuck on eternal load screen. There goes my game progress, Fuck this game.

no shoggoth you liked it!! D:
Did you have a save or are your sims resting in peace in the twilight zone now?
Scholar
#22956 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:48 PM
You're basically attacking other community members at this point.
No I'm not.

Also, is that a general 'you', or are you talking about me specifically?

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Scholar
#22957 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
It's not directed at any specific member. "Yibs" is a generic, and slightly jokey term, in my opinion.

I agree with Glic... also, EA should be the ones to blame for labelling their favorite Simmers 'YibSims' in the first bloody place...
I didn't see anything wrong in what TotallyJW said - maybe my sense of humor is skewed... *shrug*

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#22958 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:49 PM
Already happened
im so sick of the negitivity of this game i have enjoyed it so far sure its lacking some things but they will be like 12 addons so who cares? the game is fun and i love the new graphics and the sims looks. and there is plenty to do with the base game right now more will come later.

To which I replied
You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to my opinion. As a long term Simmer and someone who players video games outside the Sims I expect a certain level of quality from my games that is not present in this one. This is the first Sims base game I have ever put down after only 4 hours of gameplay and that includes Sims 3 base game which I also hated. The "who cares" and "EA will fix it (when their fixes break more than they fix)" and "modders will fix it" are the whole reason this series has gotten as bad as it is. I'm glad you like, I don't not just because it is such as departure from previous Sims base games but because it lack the level of overall quality I expect from a video game.

I probably should not have bothered but I thought that needed to be made clear to people: As long as you respect my opinion about the game I will respect yours. Of course saying that to to some people kind of like beating my head against a rock wall with a helmet on... e.g utterly pointless but oh well.. You can't change other people's minds for them unless they want to change it.
Test Subject
#22959 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000

I know its supposed to be jokey but it still irks me a little some reason despite the fact I was almost firmly set on not buying this game. Maybe I'm just a little jumpy from not having my morning coffee and my cat surprising me at 1AM with a bird she brought into the house..
Lab Assistant
#22960 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyVP86
What it looks like when a Sim is gone to work, you can still have them work hard, etc.

Saw a post saying that was removed, it wasn't.

Also, I don't trust those ratings because it's too early and I think they are being padded in the wrong direction. I haven't even formed an opinion on the game yet and won't till a Sim month or longer has passed. I want to give it a chance to see if any long term / hidden bugs pop up first.

So far?

I don't hate it. It's vastly different than what I'm used to playing but the game has potential. If you get it on sale, for sure. I did not pay full price, I got almost $20 off the limited edition and feel that the game is worth that much right now. I also did not encounter any lag, very little glitching, very little clipping, and have yet to see anybody do any autonomous push ups.

The family in the screen above lives in Willow Creek and are called Roomies or something. I like them already, I may keep them around after the great annihilation occurs in a week and I move in my own Sims. One guy walked in on the girl and they both got the embarrassed moodlet, he even hid under the covers. Nobody died. I had them talk about their insecurities and they both got over it and are friends again.

Also as far as the darkness goes? Click on a light/lamp and push the brightness bar all the way over. It looks like it's already all the way over but I noticed a difference when I did it.

The only glitch I found happened at the Rattlesnake Bar. The screen flickered, all the Sims jumped up, and then as they moved around one Sim stepped inside another Sims while a third clipped through them. It only took a second before they fixed themselves though and the game carried on. I have noticed some odd little hiccups that makes me think there may be some issues as the game plays on over time.

So as someone who has the game & enjoys it - what are the major, cannot live without, groundbreaking upgrades from TS2/3 exactly? What has you hooked so quickly?

I see more and more people willing to move to the darkside but I don't see which features are making them feel this way....?
Lab Assistant
#22961 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
Yeah. So I got the game (let the sharks attack) and its uh... er... glad I got it through origin, might do tat return thing. And you know the gallery is actually a cool feature but I can't even go online to use it. And the camera angles suck! And I know you can go and used the sims 3 camera angles, but like what was the point on even making this crappy camera angles then?????

Seriously though. The town is small. I knew it was going to be small but I mean it is SMALL. And there is nothing to do. Nothing. I would be sad if I didn't already know it was going to be a let down. But I just had to try because oohhh shiny lol

But loading screens are no problem. I love how in build mode you can like place stuff under windows and stack cabinets. Seriously build mode is probably the only semi decent thing.

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Alchemist
#22962 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iwillnotbreak
So as someone who has the game & enjoys it - what are the major, cannot live without, groundbreaking upgrades from TS2/3 exactly? What has you hooked so quickly?

I see more and more people willing to move to the darkside but I don't see which features are making them feel this way....?

I think that's an excellent question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully, someone will give us a great answer.
Lab Assistant
#22963 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:54 PM
I know its supposed to be jokey but it still irks me a little some reason despite the fact I was almost firmly set on not buying this game. Maybe I'm just a little jumpy from not having my morning coffee and my cat surprising me at 1AM with a bird she brought into the house..

.... EA named them as such, I don't understand the problem? All negative connotations associated with being a "yibisim" have resulted from their own actions.
Scholar
#22964 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
Already happened
im so sick of the negitivity of this game i have enjoyed it so far sure its lacking some things but they will be like 12 addons so who cares? the game is fun and i love the new graphics and the sims looks. and there is plenty to do with the base game right now more will come later.

To which I replied
You have a right to your opinion, I have a right to my opinion. As a long term Simmer and someone who players video games outside the Sims I expect a certain level of quality from my games that is not present in this one. This is the first Sims base game I have ever put down after only 4 hours of gameplay and that includes Sims 3 base game which I also hated. The "who cares" and "EA will fix it (when their fixes break more than they fix)" and "modders will fix it" are the whole reason this series has gotten as bad as it is. I'm glad you like, I don't not just because it is such as departure from previous Sims base games but because it lack the level of overall quality I expect from a video game.

I probably should not have bothered but I thought that needed to be made clear to people: As long as you respect my opinion about the game I will respect yours. Of course saying that to a Yib is kind of like beating my head against a rock wall with a helmet on... e.g utterly pointless but oh well

Honestly, whenever anyone begins a post with "I'm so sick of all the negitivity [sic]" I kind of stop reading. It's shorthand for "critical thinking is hard, I don't want to do it". I'm also usually pretty flummoxed by that statement anyway--if a person is that bothered by 'negitivity' (e.g., someone disagreeing with their opinion), why are they clicking on one star reviews to read in the first place.

There's also this whole 'lack of ability to apply rational thought' thing:

--If the game is good, word of mouth and sales will spread despite 'negitivity'.
--It's a sandbox game (har), you don't need your friends to buy the game in order for you to play it
--You don't need anyone's approval to play the game, unless you are 12 and your parents won't buy it for you with a low review score, in which case yes you are screwed
--It's already been published, negitivity cannot take it away from you now
--Content creators will follow their muses, so you will be rewarded with CC for even the shittiest game (see: SimCity 2013 modders). (Nothing but respect for creators.)
--No really good game has ever received tons of bad reviews just because people were bored/feeling negitive
Scholar
#22965 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:56 PM
I would still like to know whether my comment was just what broke your camel's back, so to speak, or if you think that I in particular have been stepping over the line.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Test Subject
#22966 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:56 PM
There's already 2 pages on the Sims Forum "Should Have Known Better". funny thing is the majority of griping is over missing items not so much the glitches, clipping, etc.
Mad Poster
#22967 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suze94947
There's already 2 pages on the Sims Forum "Should Have Known Better". funny thing is the majority of griping is over missing items not so much the glitches, clipping, etc.

...As if they didn't know ahead of time what was missing....
Scholar
#22968 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suze94947

Missing items like toddlers/pools, or do you mean something else?
Mad Poster
#22969 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:01 PM

Aren't Yibs the name that the Sims Team gave them?
Test Subject
#22970 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
I would still like to know whether my comment was just what broke your camel's back, so to speak, or if you think I've specifically been stepping over the line.

You're really not to blame honestly. If anything its me for overacting from lack of sleep from 3 days of PAX and the cat thing this morning. I think what broke the back of the proverbial camel was that I went the Pancake Odyssey and the paid actors were scripted to tell all attendees they were 'Yibsims' which made it seem like the term is being used more loosely now. If it feels like I was targeting you specifically I'm sorry. I can be a real jerk when I don't sleep well.
Theorist
#22971 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I don't understand. My brain is exploding.

Couldn't they get an FX person to make a pregnancy stick?

It's pretend

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#22972 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM

No one is attacking anyone really.

The term 'Yibsims' is something stupid that EA came up with. It has caused quite a bit of tension and a lot divisions amongst the community, If anyone's to blame for that, it's the stupid people who came up with it.
Lab Assistant
#22973 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:08 PM
I've been on the fence about Sims 4 for quite some time. Since the release and seeing video's and first impressions, I've decided I want to give the game a try, But there are 2 of us here that love the Sims, Do I have to buy 2 copies for both of us to play? I can see paying 60$ for one copy, but definitely not 120$ for 2 copies. Can 2 people play the same copy at the same time in offline mode? I know that 2 of us could/can play with same account at different times from each other (i think?)
Lab Assistant
#22974 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Missing items like toddlers/pools, or do you mean something else?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...known-better/p1
It's abit of everything it seems, (saw somebody about open world too) these are things they should have known but if you didn't follow the release to close...
Scholar
#22975 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
You're really not to blame honestly. If anything its me for overacting from lack of sleep from 3 days of PAX and the cat thing this morning. I think what broke the back of the proverbial camel was that I went the Pancake Odyssey and the paid actors were scripted to tell all attendees they were 'Yibsims' which made it seem like the term is being used more loosely now. If it feels like I was targeting you specifically I'm sorry. I can be a real jerk when I don't sleep well.
It's okay I just wanted to make sure, as it can be hard to convey a jokey tone over text, even with smileys.

For the record, I don't hate people who have bought the game, or are excited about it. In fact I'm considering it myself, as you can witness in this stupid rant. When I (and most other people here) talk about yibsims, it's not sims 4 fans in general but the "OMG you horrible hater EA has feelings too!!" types, who can be.. pretty annoying.

Locked thread
Page 919 of 920