Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simple Shifts For Teens, Adults, Young Adults and Elders- Custom and Default

by kalynn06 Posted 1st Nov 2010 at 5:22 AM - Updated 1st Nov 2010 at 6:12 PM by kalynn06

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:33 AM
YEAH! I'M 1ST!!!!

These are GREAT Kaylynn!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was so tired of those bright orange and fushia pjs!!!!

:lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 10:09 AM
Wow! These are wonderful! This would totally not go with the neighborhood I am playing right now, but it certainly makes me want to play a medieval hood. Excellent work! Downloading anyway!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:25 AM
Great ! These were just what I needed. I wanted to download the defaults but I have Sunni's maternity replacements and I'm not sure if this conflicts with it

Once it's closed it can be opened

the door to the Fantasy is right there

Bleudragon
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:58 AM
This is great for my mid-20th century game, too! I hoped it would default those short nightgowns, but I'll just take the custom versions. Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 1:01 PM Last edited by kalynn06 : 1st Nov 2010 at 5:26 PM.
Thanks guys

Bluedragon- these shouldn't conflict with those. I have my own default maternity going with no problems. These replace a totally different mesh

Psychosim- I thought about defaulting the short nightdresses. I actually have a working midcalf shift that I might use in the future. I picked these pjs, because I was sick of Sims "popping" into pregnancy with those horrid Maxis pjs on, usually in prison orange. I defaulted these to stop that offensive sight in my 18th century village.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:18 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much, kalynn! :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:51 PM
Question: will recolors of the basegame pj be affected by default replacement?:-/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amechan84
Question: will recolors of the basegame pj be affected by default replacement?:-/

Yes... If you have basegame pj recolors that you like and want to keep using, you shouldn't use the defaults. The recolors will use the new mesh and look very funny. The custom versions, however, are just as safe as any other custom mesh and will not affect your basegame pjs recolors.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
Theorist
#10 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 4th Nov 2010 at 4:15 AM. Reason: A misunderstanding
Quote: Originally posted by Bleudragon
Great ! These were just what I needed. I wanted to download the defaults but I have Sunni's maternity replacements and I'm not sure if this conflicts with it
This was my first concern also. Great to hear there should be no conflict.

This is a wonderful set - three sets - thank you so much Kalynn.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
Yes... If you have basegame pj recolors that you like and want to keep using, you shouldn't use the defaults. The recolors will use the new mesh and look very funny. The custom versions, however, are just as safe as any other custom mesh and will not affect your basegame pjs recolors.

Thank you! I'll download the custom version then ^_^
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 6:53 PM
These look amazing. Thank you for all your hard work. I've been wanting something like this for a long time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:48 PM
Where did you get the hair the models have?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
Wonderful! *claps* I am surprised nobody has done this before, but these are great. And they can be used for just about any period, which is what I love about them. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you like them.

Sailormoonforlife Hair is credited at the bottom of the original post with links

child_of_air Thanks! I tried to make them as universally useful as I could. I usually play 18th century, but simple classic shifts seem to have been used for a looong time

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 6:07 PM
Woo! Thank you! I will have to make sure I don't have replacements of the pants pjs (don't think I do...) so for now I just downloaded the custom ones! YAY!

They're gorgeous and simple at the same time! I love them! Thank you for defaulting them as well!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 4:51 AM
Hi, I really adore these, and your profile mentioned you did not completely abhor requests, so I thought I would make one. Would you consider doing a sexyfeet version for those of us who use those meshes as well? I understand after finishing such a big project if you would rather not, but I love them so much I had to ask!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 1:08 PM
Goodness I was so waiting for this! You are fantastic, thank you soo much
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikonSnow
Hi, I really adore these, and your profile mentioned you did not completely abhor requests, so I thought I would make one. Would you consider doing a sexyfeet version for those of us who use those meshes as well? I understand after finishing such a big project if you would rather not, but I love them so much I had to ask!

Good idea!!! I SOOO prefer the sexy feet!!! So, I'll second this request!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
Good idea!!! I SOOO prefer the sexy feet!!! So, I'll second this request!

It's in the planning stages

Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
It's in the planning stages

Oh! Thank you!!!! :lovestruc

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Felecity333 : 6th Nov 2010 at 5:30 AM. Reason: Mispell
These are great! I don't play any special time-frame but I still intend to use them, thanks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:46 AM
Thank you so much for this pyama replacements they are grate! god job on them
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:02 AM
Maybe it's just me, but the default mesh isn't showing up in bodyshop. The textures are doing there jobs, but I can't figure out where the mesh has gone to. Is anyone else having this problem?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thefaerie
Maybe it's just me, but the default mesh isn't showing up in bodyshop. The textures are doing there jobs, but I can't figure out where the mesh has gone to. Is anyone else having this problem?

Are the textures on the Maxis pants mesh or are you seeing the thumbnails of the Maxis PJs and then the nightgowns display when you click on the PJS? If the textures are on a Maxis mesh, try to make sure your graphics settings are on high and see if that fixes it. If not, let me know.

If you see Maxis thumbnails and the nightgowns display correctly on sims, you probably can fix it by deleting your Groups Cache file in your Sims 2 folder and the CAS Thumbnails file in your Thumbnails folder. The game will regenerate these files, and any defaults you have added should then display correct thumbnails.

Page 1 of 2