Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1426 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 9:47 PM
My sim just threw up in the planter bowl, poor grapes.

"If the square root of a potato is a potato, then a potato is a potato... >:O I WANT POTATOES!!!"
Advertisement
Scholar
#1427 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
My firefighter heir was busy saving four sims when the fourth one died AFTER he was saved. The excitement must have been too much for him.

And a few sim days earlier, this happened. As if the sim babies weren't creepy enough.
Did it count against your grade?

And yeah, it's generally a bad sign when your newborns start hovering and attracting newspapers to them from around the neighbourhood.
Forum Resident
#1428 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 12:46 AM
Blair has five children already, plus a stepdaughter and mother-in-law who live with them, and is not family oriented: her lifetime wish is to reach the top of the law enforcement career, which is still a long way off thanks to all the maternity leave.

New wish: Have 10 Children.

Top Secret Researcher
#1429 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:10 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 22nd Oct 2012 at 1:22 AM.
A telekinetic floating newborn with an interest in current affairs? Eh, it could be worse.

For in the darkest corners of suburbia, the less fortunate among us may encounter eldritch horrors far beyond the comprehension of mortal man...

PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH BABY R'LYEH WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN
Field Researcher
#1430 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Blair has five children already, plus a stepdaughter and mother-in-law who live with them, and is not family oriented: her lifetime wish is to reach the top of the law enforcement career, which is still a long way off thanks to all the maternity leave.

Haha, I've gotten that wish before. I was playing a LN condo, and trying to make room for everyone was a nightmare. xD
Field Researcher
#1431 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
Haha, I've gotten that wish before. I was playing a LN condo, and trying to make room for everyone was a nightmare. xD

If you have Generations, the bunk beds help out a lot. It's still difficult at the toddler stage, unfortunately. One time my sim couple had twins and they had trouble routing places D:
Field Researcher
#1432 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
If you have Generations, the bunk beds help out a lot. It's still difficult at the toddler stage, unfortunately. One time my sim couple had twins and they had trouble routing places D:

I did use those, but I still ended up with dressers on the deck.
Top Secret Researcher
#1433 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Did it count against your grade? And yeah, it's generally a bad sign when your newborns start hovering and attracting newspapers to them from around the neighbourhood.

Actually, the number of people to be saved went down from 4/4 to 3/3 right away but the game still did not recognize that my firefighter had done it all. So, yes, I save a guy, he dies of shock, and then I get a bad grade for my efforts. Stupid glitch.
To my shame, I have to admit, the newspapers are all mine. The floating one is just one member of twins and that firefighter is a single mom with no time off. No time to clean up the newspapers!
Field Researcher
#1434 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:23 PM
I made a custom apartment and moved my sim in. A few days later, when the bills game, I got billed for the entire building, including the public and hidden rooms! I looked the problem up, and it turns out I'm not the only one who has that problem, but no solution has been posted. That problem ruined my entire game though, now I'll have to start over, and find another way to start. I was even going to use that same apartment in Seasons, now I'll have to decide on a new plan.
Scholar
#1435 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 5:07 PM
I had a babysitter show up wearing nothing but a towel (I guess I have the skinny dipping towels unlocked and I didn't know it) and he just stands around heckling the baby all day and eating food out of the family fridge.

Now he's clapping his hands and holding the baby at the same time, so it looks like he's smacking him around. And for some reason I can't dismiss him and he won't leave the baby alone even though he's exhausted and wants to sleep. Time to call social services.
Test Subject
#1436 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:10 AM
Speaking of babysitters wearing funny clothes...

Yes, this is generally what I wear when I babysit as well.

Formal dress? No shoes? Yep. Perfectly practical choice for chasing after little kids!

And here she is, clearly plotting to rob my sims blind later...

Also, recently in my game I've begun to suspect that my sims have formed some kind of pregnancy pact without my knowledge or consent. I'm using Portrait Panel to control 4 different households right now, and I swear, every time I switch back to a household (even if I've only left it alone for about 10 minutes) I come back to find one of my sims pregnant. Including the nearly-elder mother of the other three households, who is already a grandmother. Her husband has already aged up, she's two days away from aging up, and her young adult daughter was pregnant at the same time. (I swear, it's like Father of the Bride 2 up in here!)

And she just had the babies... plural. Twins!! So uhh, they should have fun with that... (They had previously had triplets, who are now young adults and the heads of the other three households I'm playing, so I think it's safe to say that fertility treatment thing WORKS!)

My MTS Yearbook
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#1437 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey

IKR. :lovestruc

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/...zpsb5fda0be.png

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Theorist
#1438 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
A telekinetic floating newborn with an interest in current affairs? Eh, it could be worse.

For in the darkest corners of suburbia, the less fortunate among us may encounter eldritch horrors far beyond the comprehension of mortal man...

Reminds me of that one time the paper girl in my game got the "Mummy" trait, actually. All stretched up and shambling around like some spaghetti zombie...

On a slightly related note, who's that?
Test Subject
#1439 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 5:33 PM
My Dear MinghamSmith

You have brightened up my day, thank you. I can not stop laughing at your dysfunctional sim family. I just finished Sprog's baby photos and that sent it over the top, my chest is killing me. Thank you sir for the laugh.
Top Secret Researcher
#1440 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:56 PM
"We don't want you to escape using your Lime."

Of course not. Don't you know that there's an entire island out there who will only help the Englishman with the Lime if he has the lime on him? The jealousy message would probably have made more sense: it was a perfect home-grown lime. Who wouldn't want that?

So, I've had a lot of problems with my games. Some things that really stand out:

In my most recent game, one of my sims became a nudist. After doing a WooHoo, she didn't change out of her nude outfit, just wandered around the house with no clothes on. And then she went outside and gardened, still naked. (Shortly afterward, three paparazzi showed up on the lot at the same time. Really odd, since none of the sims in that household had even a single star.) I even had her work on the chemistry set and she changed into the lab coat. When she took it off, she went right back to the naked outfit. Finally, I made her leave the lot and she got dressed.
Only mods I have relating to nudity are Cmar's naked outfit and the WooHooer, neither of which should cause that.

Then there was a game (back before I got Woohooer, and one of the reasons I went to NRaas in the first place) where I had a flirty sim go on vacation. When he came back, one of his wishes was to kiss his sister. And then his father. And then he wanted to marry his sister. Needless to say, that did not happen.
On a related note, I've had vacations where some of my sims born in-game appear a lot younger in the wishes of vacationing sims. Mostly, it happens with the sims' children or siblings, but sometimes with their spouses. It's really creepy when you see an infant with the woohoo symbol by it in the wishes box.

Same game as the incestuous vacationer, but later: I had an overstuffed household with several ghosts. (Also, I hadn't saved in several real-life hours, because my game doesn't crash.) One of my sims became a Mad Scientist, so I had him go around and zap everything to give my sims more positive moodlets. One of the chairs ended up on fire. All the sims (including the children) immediately run up and freak out, so I make them put the fire out. One of the kids actually runs into a corner surrounded by flames and thn freaks out because she's cornered by flames. When the firefighter shows up, he can't get to the fire because of all the sims. Normal problems, right? But then the sims manage to get all the flame out. They start up again. The sims put the flame out, and they immediately burst back into life. So, I can't go into build/buy, move the sims out, or even make them take care of their needs. This goes on for several hours. Then I notice that one of the sims standing around the fire, screaming moved out a while ago. (She was a ghost and the mother of some of the ghost sims in my household) She walked over from her house and through the walls just to scream at the fire.
Finally, I get fed up. While all the flames are out, I have a temporary window to get into build/buy, so I put a barrier around the house and use resetSim on all the sims except the ghosts (except the neighbor ghost, who got reset and came back half an hour later). The ghosts try to put out the fire while the human sims all stand around the windows and scream, at least when they're not complaining that their path into a raging inferno is blocked. Then I try to get the sims away from the house by moving them out. They can't move out while the house is on fire, so I try to get all the flames out at one time to allow them to move out. As soon as one springs back to life, the action gets cancelled. I try getting all the furniture out of the way and even getting rid of the floor tiles. Nothing works.
24 sim-hours later, the fire is still going strong. Finally, I get back into build/buy, put all their stuff into the family inventory, and move them out in Edit Town. Then I level the lot. A couple days later, one of my sims wants to hang out with the ghost neighbor. She says she'll come, but doesn't. This happens a few times, so my sim heads over to see what's going on. THE LOT IS STILL ON FIRE. And the neighbors are all standing around, screaming while a firefighter bravely tries to get rid of the flames. So I go into Edit Town and DROWN the lot, so that there is not a single square that isn't underwater. My sim visits that neighbor, finally. And every couple hours, a fire truck will pull up, stop by that lot for a few minutes, and then leave. That was still going on both sim-weeks and real-life weeks later...
Again, no mods that control fire.

And in a game after I got Supernatural (I'd recently gotten all the expansion packs except WA and LN, which I already had, so this might have been caused by another expansion), my witch accidently set the stove on fire. The fire alarm went off, of course. So I have my witch cast her ice spell on the flames. A few minutes later, the firefighter shows up and fines the witch 500 simoleans for a "false alarm". It would have been less expensive to lose the stove to flames! Unfortunately, the witch didn't have the mean-spirited or hot-headed traits, or I would have set the firefighter on fire.

Then there was one (possibly a Sims 2 game) where I stepped away from the computer for a few hours and then came back to find a frozen shot of the house on fire, with the Grim Reaper's eulogy on screen. Apparently, he got caught in the fire that killed my sims.

There was also an incident where a toddler's head was on upside-down and big enough that it went through the floor when he was standing up. At first, I thought he was just headless, but then I saw his eyes - each bigger than his head should have been - blinking behind his back. Nobody seemed to notice.
Inventor
#1441 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 3:21 AM
I think this guy wanted to get inside his wife, but he didn't quite get it right. Instead, he ended up making them look like a hermaphrodite.

*This happened randomly, I had nothing to do with it.
Screenshots
Theorist
#1442 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 12:03 PM Last edited by tizerist : 25th Oct 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Lol, listen to this one.
I made a police station. The residents are two officers, and two prisoners, who are locked up downstairs.
I was browsing around and looked at the cells downstairs. Guess what I saw?
The police officer and the prisoner having a friggin' pillow fight in the corridor. Giggling about it as well.
I was like "No, no, no. *pauses game* You don't get it do you? You're supposed to be a PRISONER. That's why I gave you the traits I did, you jerk. How the f*** did you get out of there anyway?"
The police officer effectively got sacked, meaning I took him to CAH, gave him a long white beard, zombie trousers, a park bench, and renamed him to 'Homeless bum'.
The prisoner got off lightly. He's still down there.

Needless to say, the incident did not repeat itself.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#1443 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:10 PM

I recently started my first game (of The Sims 3) and I am meeting the neighbor - the guy with the guitar goes in my room and has a guitar and starts rocking out in the front yard. Not the most surprising thing but it made me laugh when I realized what he was doing.
Inventor
#1444 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:00 AM
I told the guy to mount his horse, this is what he did instead. His skill level is supposed to be maxed, but now I'm not so sure.

I would also like to add that this is the second (completely different Sim and horse) time this has happened. Why do my male Sims like to stand in the middle of their horses butts?!?!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1445 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 2:00 PM
Poor Zack

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...92146473&type=3

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Test Subject
#1446 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 6:43 PM
Toddlers in apartments. Oh, are you screaming from a wet diaper? Better ride the elevator all the way to the lobby of the building before changing it.Basically all elevator interactions at all, it's such a waste of time. Also the time limits of bars. Get there, party for five minutes real time, the bar is closed. Really?

Both of these things can be fixed with mods though, I just haven't gotten around to it.
Test Subject
#1447 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 7:02 PM
My sim was going to work and instead of changing into his uniform, he decided to go in the nude, with no blur. I don't have any mods, so this is just a random glitch!

Is it breezy in here?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1448 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:02 AM
1.) my 'Leader of the Free World' level 10 politics sim has a problem where he goes to work in his underwear nearly every day.. i dunno how this works, considering his job status. @_@ he's not even inappropriate or insane traited

2.) trying to breed horses- i send one horse into the stall, send the other one there too. other one gets there and promptly gives me the red x sign showing they can't enter inside, and other horse comes out of stall. repeat like 5 times. so annoying!
Test Subject
#1449 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:52 AM
I made a sim who was gonna be gay. He lives alone in a studio appartment with his cat. I went to play other families and when I came back to him he had cat ears, a tail and 3 kittens. It's like the game knew my plans for him ahahah !

Also I had a weird glitch on my womanizer Tyron. His energy bar stayed all the way up for a week in game! Flirting ladies all day, training the dog all night. Not bad ahaha
Top Secret Researcher
#1450 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rhy strikere
trying to breed horses- i send one horse into the stall, send the other one there too. other one gets there and promptly gives me the red x sign showing they can't enter inside, and other horse comes out of stall. repeat like 5 times. so annoying!

Breeding horses works the same way as it does with sims. Select one horse. If the relationship is high enough, there will be a Try for Baby/Foal interaction. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure that out, too.

And then after you breed them, the game will say that the horses are married.
Page 58 of 321