Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1576 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:18 PM
I swear, reading about the Scumthorpes is the most amusing thing ever. They could have their own television show. xD
Poor Rick. Looks like he needs a hug.

Anyway....
Time for graduation in my hood.
So my sims spouse, and sister-in-law (who is living with them at the time) change into their formal and then run outside... to stand in the rain... waiting.
Meanwhile, the one that is suppose to be graduating just wanders around the house slowly... putting books away in bookcases that are clear on the other side of the house.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1577 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:55 PM
I almost fell out of my chair MingHam.. A dear god can the Scumthorps get any more screwed up.. Yeah, actually I think they can. LMAO

Personally, I think letting Sprog should run the family would be a good idea.. The Hypnotoad must be obeyed.
Forum Resident
#1578 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 8:58 PM
I am sorry. I had too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptosporidium
Cryptosporidium is a genus of protozoans that can cause gastrointestinal illness with diarrhea in humans.

It's from Wikipedia, it could be wrong...
Top Secret Researcher
#1579 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
I am sorry. I had too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptosporidium
Cryptosporidium is a genus of protozoans that can cause gastrointestinal illness with diarrhea in humans.

It's from Wikipedia, it could be wrong...

Nope, that's entirely correct.

Which is why it was also the name of the protagonist in this game:

(Yes, probing is very much involved here too)
Mad Poster
#1580 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM
Oh my God Mingham you are amazing.
Forum Resident
#1581 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Nope, that's entirely correct.

Which is why it was also the name of the protagonist in this game:

(Yes, probing is very much involved here too)

I was hoping Wikipedia would be wrong.. I had hope. Forlorn and lost in a wasteland kind of hope...

The kind of hope that is snatched away from a ship wrecked survivor. When he realizes that his rescue just got called off from a lack interest.. Yeah, that kind of hope.
Instructor
#1582 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:11 AM
The sixth picture makes me feel bad for Rick. I'm a sucker for sad/guilty faces.
And the last picture is just adorable!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Inventor
#1583 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
A few days ago, I went to save my token Evil Sim in the Sim Bin just in case I did something incredibly stupid and cleared all my library or something. When I checked her out the premade Sims Bin earlier, she was making this Evil face on the panel....

Almost all of mine are making weird faces. Yet NONE have the insane or inappropriate trait, but they make insane faces.
Scholar
#1584 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
Almost all of mine are making weird faces. Yet NONE have the insane or inappropriate trait, but they make insane faces.

Well, technically, I'm not insane either, and I'm always making weird faces.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#1585 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:57 AM Last edited by vhanster : 26th Nov 2012 at 2:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl

I kinda figured that out that it's a random quirk, considering that several EA's premade Sims made those faces despite not having any traits at all. It's only worth pointing out that, of all the Custom Sims I saved there, only the evil one is making that face. Compare her weird face with the mild expressions of the other three - who are comparatively normal (though the game likes to add in strangeness in their lives somehow)

@Mingham: Speaking of the Scumthorpes, I earlier saw this kid who really, really reminded me of a child Sprog.

...Should I be concerned about this?
Field Researcher
#1586 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:20 AM
One of my sims just suddenly died with no explanation whatsoever!

For now, I'll assume it has something to do with a disease in NRaas Vector mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#1587 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
One of my sims just suddenly died with no explanation whatsoever!
If we had a button for "I'm concerned", I'd click that.
Field Researcher
#1588 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 6:52 AM
That looks like a haunting curse ghost... did she get cursed by a witch? I thought only backfires against the witch doing the casting caused deaths but I've heard that it can cause the sim with the curse to die too..

Today while I was playing, I recieved the notification that my sim's friend from China, Ai Pei was getting old and wouldn't be around forever and that I should visit. I wasn't in the mood to travel but since it was the first friend my sim ever made I wanted her to exchange some goodbyes, so I had her invite him as a long distance visitor in the hopes that he would arrive before his demise. However, because of the timing of things, the visit was scheduled for a day and a half later, and of course I recieved the notification that he passed away.

I forgot about it, but then... YOUR FOREIGN GUESTS HAVE ARRIVED. YOU HAD BETTER GREET THEM BEFORE THEY FEEL UNWELCOME as Ai Pei appears out of thin air right in behind my sim. Forget the Supernatural zombies, THAT was terrifying.
Top Secret Researcher
#1589 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 9:09 AM
My sim was over by the science lab in Sunset Valley, looking for seeds. She got an action in her queue to go look at a bird. I watched her get in a taxi, go all the way over to the beach which is completely across the town, and look at the bird. Which happened to be sitting in a bush. So apparently, she can see across the town and through bushes. Be afraid.

Game coding bugs: the seventh sense.
Forum Resident
#1590 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 5:12 PM
Mingham,
My Sim, Carlo, gave birth recently to an Evil alien baby. My first thought was "Oh, sh---!" lol. She is just a toddler now, and absolutely adorable. However, I have a feeling that once she grows into a teenager and is able to start using her powers, she is going to be raising some hell. Especially considering I am working on a mod that will make all alien abilities autonomous. Her name is Axane Ott. (Axane was EA-generated, Ott is her father's last name.) Her other trait is Artistic. She will be aging up to a child in less than 10 sim-days. She would most likely make a perfect addition to your game. I could upload her if you like, once she ages up. I also have screenshots.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#1591 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Mingham,
My Sim, Carlo, gave birth recently to an Evil alien baby. My first thought was "Oh, sh---!" lol. She is just a toddler now, and absolutely adorable. However, I have a feeling that once she grows into a teenager and is able to start using her powers, she is going to be raising some hell. Especially considering I am working on a mod that will make all alien abilities autonomous. Her name is Axane Ott. (Axane was EA-generated, Ott is her father's last name.) Her other trait is Artistic. She will be aging up to a child in less than 10 sim-days. She would most likely make a perfect addition to your game. I could upload her if you like, once she ages up. I also have screenshots.

Could there be an arranged marriage in Sprog's future?
Top Secret Researcher
#1592 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Could there be an arranged marriage in Sprog's future?

I was thinking more along the lines of placing her in a house that serves as a mad professor's alien hybrid breeding facility once I find somewhere in town to put it: On the surface, it looks like a daycare where most of the people working and playing there are suspiciously green. In the basement, however, it abruptly turns into a bizarre network of hospital-like white corridors, nurseries full of alien infants and delivery rooms full of pregnant men who somewhat unwisely signed up for this.

I made such a place in the second game. If anything, it was even funnier than the Scumthorpe family. If the TS2 forum had an equivalent of this thread, that house would provide an endless source of material for it.

...Somebody start one. :P

(Edit: Currently, my town also has the Hugh Mann Place of Residence, a poorly-disguised alien research base under a shabby suburban house. That's currently on hiatus while I convert all the unofficial aliens I had living in it prior to the release of Seasons into proper aliens, but given that they're all identical apart from being named Colony Drone #42 to #48 it shouldn't take me too long)
Lab Assistant
#1593 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:30 PM

Wat.
Instructor
#1594 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 2:53 AM
So Sim seasons has been out what 2-3 weeks already and my local Wal-mart is just now releasing it WTF
Field Researcher
#1595 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 2:54 AM
I don't know what was happening. Maybe Nraas story progression had something to do with this.
I've been trying to pair my Shy Sim with someone so one evening she gets a call from Kai Kahale who asks her if he wants a date with her. Since I wanted her to have a boyfriend right about this time she accepts... she runs to the park in the rain and then meets Kai... since he's a mid-high level celebrity he wants her to impress him... once she filled half of his impress bar he decides to leave the date... without hitting it off.... what a knob!
Field Researcher
#1596 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 3:30 AM
I wouldn't say it was NRaas StoryProgression. The attraction system is very glitchy, in fact sometimes even family members can become attracted to each other.
Test Subject
#1597 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness

Wat.

I had this happen as well....(**riffles through pictures** I thought for sure I got a picture**) And I have no mods >_> O, here is another...this guy is a sim I made...and he's married **sigh**

Field Researcher
#1598 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Valkyrie007
I had this happen as well....(**riffles through pictures** I thought for sure I got a picture**) And I have no mods >_> O, here is another...this guy is a sim I made...and he's married **sigh**

and you're like

Yeah this affection thing really bugs the heck out of me. I don't know how these sims can manage that LOL.
Field Researcher
#1599 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 6:30 AM
The witch husband of my fairy sim used the Fire Blast spell on her yet again. (Well twice tonight, actually) The first time she simply got scorched again, but the second time (while I wasn't looking) it seems she actually caught on fire. I wasn't focused on her, but I heard something on fire in my game. I found her with the husband right in front of her, getting ready to put her out. I'm so annoyed with him, haha.

EDIT: So now he just used it on his eldest son as well. That guy has issues...
Top Secret Researcher
#1600 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:04 PM
Carrie, wat r u doin

Carrie, STAHP
Page 64 of 321