Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#1651 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 2:22 AM
So there is a married gay male couple in my town, not currently controlled. Both of them have flirted with one of the male sims in my household before. But today, both members of the married couple asked him out on a date within moments of each other. For the company that punishes cheating inside your house with no one to witness it, their attraction system is really making sims suck at monogamy.

But oh well. They're both asking, so I assume they want a triad. Yaoi threesome time!
Advertisement
Inventor
#1652 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 3:31 AM
I have had nothing to do with these screenshots.

The first picture is seemingly innocent. It's of my horse stepping in the watering trough. Maybe he wanted to cool his tired and hot feet after a long race? All seemed fine and dandy. Then I zoomed out to see what my horse was watching. He was watching his fellow horse pee! That's not creepy at all, right?

Then, later that same night, I heard a meowing sound. I zoomed in to see what it was, as my Sims have no cats. As it turns out, it was a creepy, apparently eyeless, demon cat (who was sleepy) shredding my Sims' newspaper. After finishing said cat left.

And yes, the rider of the horse enjoys racing in his underwear, or bathing suit. He NEVER changes like the other Sims when you tell him to do something outside of the house. To him, wearing appropriate clothing when leaving the house is a big no-no. He does not have the insane trait either.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1653 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
The attraction system is majorly flawed. But it's not so bothersome for me at least.
I had read about this, but I'd never actually seen it, but now I've seen it: in the middle of a wedding, in fact at the point of the ring exchange, the bride gets phoned for a date by one of the wedding guests. That struck me as pretty over-the-top.
Scholar
#1654 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:51 AM
Why game, whyyyyyyyyyyy.
3 nights in a row, abductions. 3rd night, the only time it's the male, pregnancy. I would be excited if it wasn't my LEGACY, where I SPECIFICALLY planned on having children later in the legacy. *stabs* XD
Instructor
#1655 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
Why game, whyyyyyyyyyyy.
3 nights in a row, abductions. 3rd night, the only time it's the male, pregnancy. I would be excited if it wasn't my LEGACY, where I SPECIFICALLY planned on having children later in the legacy. *stabs* XD

You don't have to keep it.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Test Subject
#1656 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
No way! Don't burn them alive! Demolish the house, add lines to the yard, put a crib at each end and play baby football. Putting baby in crib is a touchdown, all the other functions are simply moving it along the lines of scrimmage. (I wonder if they will start tackling each other to get the babyball?)

I was about to kill them all by fire, fireplace lit and deepfryer going but I noticed something even more stupid than before. I made a family of evil punk bullies right down the street. I would have them come to the moron house quite often to beat them up. Well I noticed one of the nimrods walking down the street and go right to the bully house and knock on the door. WHAT!?

I watched as Nimrod got his ass kicked by the bully answering the door. So I saved the game and went into the bully house. Nimrod was now being insulted by another bully and the top bully had autonomous beat up on his mind. The whole family beat him up constantly the whole sim day and into the night. Now I did have them beat him up but he would never leave. Nimrod would even try to make food and get comfortable on the couches. I sent the bullies over to beat up his family when he left.

The next sim day I see nimrod walking up the porch steps and with the baby in his arms (now a Toddler) and RING THE BELL!? He actually put the toddler down so the bully answering the door could autonomously kick his head in again. For some reason he never leaves no matter how many beatings he gets I was wearing out my bully sims. with this guy.

So after two solid sim days of beatings (bullies in rotation) Bully family finaly needed to sleep. With the bully house quiet Nimrod makes himself some autumn salad sits down and starts watching TV. Amazing! I don't make this up.
Top Secret Researcher
#1657 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
No way! Don't burn them alive! Demolish the house, add lines to the yard, put a crib at each end and play baby football.

FYI, "baby football" sounds far, far worse when you're British. And considerably more literal:

...I know, I'm going to hell for this one, aren't I?
Test Subject
#1658 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
FYI, "baby football" sounds far, far worse when you're British. And considerably more literal:

I'm having trouble uploading pics but they are pretty funny in themselves. My Nimrod sim is a version of Pascal Curious that I made because I loved tormenting him in sims 2 His whole family are clones of him including a female version. The bullies are the neighborhood skinheads I also have bikers and a chicano gang also harrassing them.

You think you're going to hell?!
Test Subject
#1659 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 9:03 PM
This is one of my Pascal Curious clones I have a whole slum for them where they are constantly under attack by gangs and killed by fires. I've gated off the pool,the school, the library, and the park. I'm also closing down all the good jobs.
Instructor
#1660 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:04 AM

Not really and well, when it comes to going for the conversion the kick is aobut as bad in either form of football.

Oh, and BTW, your Scumthrope stories ahve prompted me to create my own evil CEO Sim and try to start a family of villany.
One Minute Ninja'd
#1661 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:59 AM
Mingham, I did just want to say that your baby blanket recolor is great. I don't know why I never considered recoloring one, but now I want my pupae to have colorful, designer fabric cocoons.
Top Secret Researcher
#1662 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Mingham, I did just want to say that your baby blanket recolor is great. I don't know why I never considered recoloring one, but now I want my pupae to have colorful, designer fabric cocoons.

Anything but the default blue and pink ones. I always hated gendered colours. Even as a little kid I specifically avoided blue because I was more or less born a massive contrarian and associated it with things that boring people I didn't give a damn about apparently expected my gender to do.

...Plus, red is a better colour anyway.

But seriously, the default blue blanket in particular is just an awful, ugly texture that doesn't look like cloth at all. I currently use the white-for-both-genders version of this default replacement- give it a try if you're looking for a better-looking alternative and don't want to manually recolour every blanket in town.
Scholar
#1663 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 1:37 AM
Anything but the default blue and pink ones. I always hated gendered colours. Even as a little kid I specifically avoided blue because I was more or less born a massive contrarian and associated it with things that boring people I didn't give a damn about apparently expected my gender to do.

...Plus, red is a better colour anyway.

But seriously, the default blue blanket in particular is just an awful, ugly texture that doesn't look like cloth at all. I currently use the white-for-both-genders version of this default replacement- give it a try if you're looking for a better-looking alternative and don't want to manually recolour every blanket in town.

Actually, blue was originally associated with women because, in a famous painting that I forgot the name of, the virgin Mary was wearing a blue shawl/dress. Pink and red were associated with guys because it was considered a more masculine color. And, y'know... blood.

HISTORY LESSON OF QUESTIONABLE VALUE

Have a picture. I think it counts more as an oopsie than a funny, though

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#1664 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
Actually, blue was originally associated with women because, in a famous painting that I forgot the name of, the virgin Mary was wearing a blue shawl/dress. Pink and red were associated with guys because it was considered a more masculine color. And, y'know... blood.

Oh, I know that. Colours have varied a great deal in terms of what they represent throughout history, and were completely the opposite when it came to signifying gender at the dawn of the 20th century. For a time, a number of French military uniforms even featured pink trousers. But given that I was born in 1990 rather than 1890, blue was the supposedly-manly colour I happened to wind up rejecting.

Back on topic, though: Sometimes, Lester Scumthorpe's speech bubbles are wonderfully, hilariously fitting:

"...My god, that explains so, so much about my life."
Field Researcher
#1665 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:10 AM
I just remember while I was playing yesterday before my game started flipping out on me.
Im playing an Elder Sim he is going to get food in the fridge and cook , all of a sudden the fridge's door wont close, then my Sim started kick it back and forth . I was like LOL! then he was talking and seems like he is cursing the fridge .. "even grandpa gets pissed off"

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Instructor
#1666 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 2:35 AM

Another QI fan? XD

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Scholar
#1667 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Another QI fan? XD

No, but I looked it up, and it looks like it's funny XD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#1668 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

How does one go about recolouring a baby blanket?
Field Researcher
#1669 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 6:14 AM

This has always annoyed me since the base game. When NPC sims don't know when to go home. Elizabeth Vendetta (a kind witch) was struck with lightning and on the verge of collapsing from being tired. It is even worse when they arrive like that and just hang around fouling up the party, playing for tips, stopping other social interactions. Go home and get some rest! You won't be missed that much!
Top Secret Researcher
#1670 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
How does one go about recolouring a baby blanket?

Use Master Controller and edit the baby in CAS. Messing around with slider settings has no visible effect at this point (because babies are generic character models) and trying to switch between life stages will crash the game, but there's nothing stopping you from recolouring the blanket since it's technically clothing. Even if it is fused to the baby.
Theorist
#1671 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:07 PM

Is that a new Scumthorpe or is it just an old pic?
Top Secret Researcher
#1672 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Is that a new Scumthorpe or is it just an old pic?

Old picture I had lying around. That's Carrie as an infant, around the same time she produced the NEWBORN BABY FACEPALM picture from ages ago.

In more recent times, however...

A new object appears!

"Erm... sis, are we cooking meth in here now?"

"Christ's sake, Lester, go to bed..."

"...Yep, totally cooking meth."

(Don't worry, it isn't. But still, would you trust ANY of these people with toxic chemicals and Bunsen burners?)
Test Subject
#1673 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 3:18 PM
Weeell, when i tell my sim that he has to eat (and he is really hungry) but he goes away and sits there and plays with little Alexs toy, stupid dog
Scholar
#1674 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 4:03 PM
No, but I looked it up, and it looks like it's funny XD

it is. watch it. ive learned more from qi than i did from school :/

mingham, love that baby football photo haha

& its really freaky, i am also a brit, born in 1990, i rejected pink as a child and prefered to play with 'boys' toys rather than 'girls'.... 0_o
mind=blown.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#1675 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 5:38 PM
Has this always happened? My mother has just had knee surgery, so this scarred me since it kept repeating.
Screenshots
Page 67 of 321