Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#2026 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 4:25 PM
On two occasions, my sim was woohooing with a romantic interest during a full moon, and at the end of the woohoo their partner emerged from under the cover, or, in the second case, out of the shower, as a zombie. Now that could have been one nasty zombie bite. I avoided a second encounter with them even after they reverted to human, it just felt too creepy to do it with an ex-zombie.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2027 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 5:58 PM
Wait, you mean zombies are -only- dead during the full moon?

Poor things..."Yes, I was one of the living dead, but I got better. Why are you still running?"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2028 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 6:02 PM
In Sims 3, Zombies are only Zombies during the full moon. Its not like in Sims 2 where they died and its a permanent life state.
Scholar
#2029 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yea, Zombies are random townies turned for the night, and I've heard some people have seen their playable sims doubles as zombies outside their own house :/

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Inventor
#2030 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 2:14 AM
This horse (Michelangelo) was spying on his owner's wife through the kitchen window. Then his owner walked by, but didn't seem to see anything wrong with this. And yes, the guy often leaves the house in his underwear. Whether it's to do outside chores, or something that requires he leave the lot; he almost never changes into his everyday wear on his own.

He doesn't have the insane trait, but does have the genius one. Some genius right?
Screenshots
Scholar
#2031 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
He doesn't have the insane trait, but does have the genius one. Some genius right?

Does he have 'inappropriate'? That does it too.

Is this the same family as the ones with the other horse-fails? They're very creepy horses if yes

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
One Minute Ninja'd
#2032 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie

Is this the same family as the ones with the other horse-fails? They're very creepy horses if yes

That's not so bad, I've had horses go halfway through the windows and walls to get "close" to their owners. They apparently lack any sense of privacy in their programming.
Field Researcher
#2033 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 8:18 PM
Last night a wild horse just popped itself right into my sim's living room. I had to temporarily remove part of the wall to let it out. I wish I'd taken some photos.
Instructor
#2034 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 8:55 PM
Jeez, what's up with all the routing issues in this game? I mean, I've got a horse stuck in the local gym, two Sims with their legs stuck in the ground (one of which is another horse), my Sim can apparently convert an object into another object while standing outside in it's direction (between a foundation and a wall) Sims derping out like crazy like they had too much coffee to drink in the morning and horses that can apparently cross ponds when trying to walk over to something. Although, on the last bit I've got to admit, it's made some nice photos.

Oh yeah, and can anyone explain to me why my originally grey skinned Sim turned dark brown instead after a few Sim-days? I honestly don't mind it (it looks kinda good on him) but why?

Original: Now:

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
One Minute Ninja'd
#2035 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Jeez, what's up with all the routing issues in this game? I mean, I've got a horse stuck in the local gym, two Sims with their legs stuck in the ground (one of which is another horse), my Sim can apparently convert an object into another object while standing outside in it's direction (between a foundation and a wall) Sims derping out like crazy like they had too much coffee to drink in the morning and horses that can apparently cross ponds when trying to walk over to something. Although, on the last bit I've got to admit, it's made some nice photos.

Oh yeah, and can anyone explain to me why my originally grey skinned Sim turned dark brown instead after a few Sim-days? I honestly don't mind it (it looks kinda good on him) but why?

Well, horses do ford streams, and I'll bet that's your Sim with a suntan.

As for sims stuck in the ground and inside walls, that's been a "feature" for a long time now. I especially enjoy watching my sim dismount from the trampoline and end up planted up to their knees in the ground. I try to get them out before nightfall, though. Too much lagging otherwise.
Field Researcher
#2036 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey

His hair is brown/red in the second pic also. It looks like the lighting just him made appear black/grey indoors.
He is a very handsome sim :D
Forum Resident
#2037 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Wait, you mean zombies are -only- dead during the full moon?

Poor things..."Yes, I was one of the living dead, but I got better. Why are you still running?"

Moreover, it looks like homeless Sims are the ones that qualify to be zombies. Imagine my horror when I kicked one of my legacy Sims out and he spawned back in the front lawn of my legacy castle during a full moon night.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2038 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
Moreover, it looks like homeless Sims are the ones that qualify to be zombies. Imagine my horror when I kicked one of my legacy Sims out and he spawned back in the front lawn of my legacy castle during a full moon night.

No, random residents can become the undead for a night. Then they get to go home and explain to their family about the really weird dream they had about being a zombie for a night. OTOH, if they were real zombies, they would just go home and eat their families, but this is the Sims, after all.
Forum Resident
#2039 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 1:22 AM
When it's time to woohoo, both sims try to route to the same side of the bed. Every. Single. Time. For about the last like *9* patches!
Inventor
#2040 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Does he have 'inappropriate'? That does it too.

Nope, no inappropriate trait. Almost none of my male Sims (that I make myself) change to everyday when they go outside.

It's the same family, I just have restarted them since I got Seasons. But now they have a really nice barn and paddock, so maybe this will help a little. But then again, in my game, you never know. I did once find a wild horse in the consignment shop, and he/she couldn't get out.

Quote: Originally posted by eskie277
That's not so bad, I've had horses go halfway through the windows and walls to get "close" to their owners. They apparently lack any sense of privacy in their programming.

Go back a few pages and read what else I have posted about my horses if you think this is odd. It's actually quite normal for my Sims' horses.
Test Subject
#2041 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 5:10 AM
I hate when a Sim starts playing their guitar (I do this quite often as I want to max out her guitar skill) and then everyone else in the house comes along, drops everything they're doing, and stands there watching the aforementioned Sim play. No matter if you end up peeing yourself, or possibly dying of starvation (yes, that has happened while I was playing on a different Sim), or you pass out on the floor. Nope. The guitar takes first precedence.

By the way, this is an awesome thread. I love reading how Sims irritate other Simmers.

-Lucy Arden
The Greene Family Legacy: a Sims 3 legacy blog
http://www.thegreenefamilylegacy.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#2042 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 9:37 AM
My GRRRRRR Moment is that my happily married Sims, keep getting love letters from random townies, and phone calls asking them out on a date.

Just leave my couple alone!
Site Helper
#2043 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 3:03 PM
Yes, I know the sprinkler is surrounded by plants. Oddly enough, they are using it.
Yes, I know the sprinkler is still surrounded by plants. You really don't want to water them all yourself all day, do you?
Yes! The sprinkler does still have plants around it! You know that thing you are standing right next to? It's the water slide you begged me for and got because I was hoping it would distract you from the sprinkler. Go slide on it!
Yes, the sprinkler is still surrounded by plants. The plants aren't going to move. Deal with it!

OK, you have spent so long now complaining about what you -can't- have that Overwatch has declared you a stationary sim. Happy now?

Yes, the sprinkler is still blocked by plants. Excuse me; I have a mod to download.

(Although I do realize that I am often just as guilty about focusing on things I can't have and ignoring or taking for granted what I actually do have... )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#2044 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 6:34 PM
I have it, ladies and gentlemen. The motherlode of WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING moments in The Sims 3.

The babysitter...actually looked after my babies.
Mad Poster
#2045 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 6:54 PM
Its a sad commentary on the game when a WTF moment is when a NPC actually does the job they are paid to do. That said, I know how you feel. There have been times I was afraid that social services would take away the babies because the babysitter was doing everything but taking care of the babies while my Sim parents were at work.
Inventor
#2046 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I have it, ladies and gentlemen. The motherlode of WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING moments in The Sims 3.

The babysitter...actually looked after my babies.

One time I actually had two NPCs do their job once. One was a babysitter and one was a maid. Needless to say, I have not encountered any more who actually do their job.
Mad Poster
#2047 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
One time I actually had two NPCs do their job once. One was a babysitter and one was a maid. Needless to say, I have not encountered any more who actually do their job.

Incredible!
The babysitter was one of the fairies in Moonlight Falls. I don't know if she's somehow actually more competent than the others or if I simply got lucky [let's face it, probably the latter], but I had two babies and one crib [the parents, Dameon and Mavira are both assholes], and the babysitter actually fed and changed the baby in the crib. She didn't do so well with floorbabby sadly, just kept continually picking him up and putting him back down on the spot, but when I bought a crib, she tended to him as well fine. I'm amazed. o_o

Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Its a sad commentary on the game when a WTF moment is when a NPC actually does the job they are paid to do. That said, I know how you feel. There have been times I was afraid that social services would take away the babies because the babysitter was doing everything but taking care of the babies while my Sim parents were at work.

Thankfully I've not actually worried about social services coming to fuck my shit up [although maybe I should be] but yeah, the babysitters are normally so phenominally useless I might just have Dameon go on a rampage with a pistol. Shape up or die!
Instructor
#2048 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 9:40 PM
There are strange things going on in my game since Supernaturals:

"You love blood plasma too?! Cheers!"

My werewolves ... well, they have different table manners ....

A fire (caused by my witcher) is always a good reason to meet the neighbours.

I have a new usage for paparazzis: test object for my witcher

"Yeah! Let's party!"
She's sweet in a very disturbing way.

Instructor
#2049 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:18 AM Last edited by McChoclatey : 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
His hair is brown/red in the second pic also. It looks like the lighting just him made appear black/grey indoors.
He is a very handsome sim :D

Thanks! And I think that was probably a bad pic; his skin really did turn brown (in comparison to the old one)!

Recent Pic:

I don't think he got a suntan, either. There was no indicator or moodlet to tell me and it hasn't even hit summer yet... It seems like his skin tone just changed on it's own...

Oh my gosh, game, WTF are you doing?!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Instructor
#2050 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:11 AM
My single sim got a call asking her out on a date. I thought, what the hell, why not? So I went to the location of the date. Her date, it turns out, was married, and refused to do anything romantic with her because he didn't want to cheat. SO WHY DID YOU ASK ME OUT. This has happened to me twice. Another sim sent her a love letter, and then when I replied he sent me a letter saying he wasn't interested, followed by another letter saying that he was. He was also married, and my sim's brother in law.
Page 82 of 321