Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Gardening Mod v7b

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM by scumbumbo : Bugfix for Version 7 - Weeding Planters

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 173 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 14
Test Subject
#276 Old 2nd May 2017 at 2:18 AM
Sad to see that this still hasn't been updated. Does anyone know of another mod that does something similar to Faster Gardening? Thanks.
Test Subject
#277 Old 13th May 2017 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
After the last patch in my game the time for wet is 1-2 min and weeds is 2-3 min for each plants. The duration of fertilization is 2 min. The duration for spray is 2-3 min.

I think EA maded some changes. Now I don't need the mod.

Whatever changes they MADE (not maded), it still takes forever for my sims to spray bugs. I timed it at 25 minutes for ONE PLANT.
Banned
#278 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:45 AM
this mod makes it so my sims can't water plants
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 11:42 PM
I am also having problems where I cannot water plants with this mod installed. Thank you

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
Test Subject
#280 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:07 PM
does not working anymore
Test Subject
#281 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 2:56 PM
Hi there! I was wondering if you'd consider updating or re-working this mod of yours? I'm an avid gardener, and there are a few frustrating things with gardening as it is. The first being - spraying bugs takes way too long! The second is evolving plants needs more control. The aspiration to evolve 10 excellent plants is difficult to achieve when the sim evolves one then evolves a 2nd one as a "freebie" plant that doesn't get counted toward the goal. Either both evolves need to count, or we need an option to evolve once, twice, all, etc. or simply tune it so only one plant is evolved at a time. The way it works now is that I have to go into build mode and uproot plants and move them across the lot so that the sim won't walk that far to evolve them as part of the "freebie" evolve. Then after they've been evolved and counted towards the goal, I have to go back into build mode and move the plant back to its original spot. Rather tedious! I understand if you don't want to revisit it, I still appreciate the work you do!
Test Subject
#282 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:03 AM
I love gardening but without this mod being updated every task takes way too long. It ridiculous.

Can someone else PLEASE update this mod as scumbumbo hasn't been online or updated anything for a long time.
Deceased
Original Poster
#283 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:57 AM
This is on the list to get an update, relatively soon even.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#284 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 8:29 AM
I honestly didn't think you were going to but thank you for replying Scumbumbo. So YAY!! THAT'S FANTASTIC!! Really looking forward to it! :D
Test Subject
#285 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 3:07 PM
I agree with crazy430stm, I am eagerly awaiting an update!! Thanks for not abandoning this, scumbumbo
Test Subject
#286 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:44 PM
SO HAPPY to hear about an update coming!!! I was looking at the files and hoping to update it for my own use but those XML files can be hard to figure out for us noobs, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#287 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:39 AM
I missed this mod so, so much. It made me crazy happy to see it in the updated list! Wow. Thank you.
Test Subject
#288 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:11 AM
Now we're on patch 1.37.35.1010 as of yesterday, December 12th. So I hope you will be able to update this mod soon, scumbumbo.

I miss this mod like I would miss an old friend. :lovestruc

On a personal note;
scumbumbo, you do FANTASTIC work in making all your mods. I know how difficult and painstaking it can be sometimes. I just wanted to tell how much I'm grateful to you for making my Sims game 100x more enjoyable. You have my utmost appreciation (and support) for all your hard work and dedication. Thank you. Thank you so much!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and everyone in the MTS Community!!
Deceased
Original Poster
#289 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazy430stm
Now we're on patch 1.37.35.1010 as of yesterday, December 12th. So I hope you will be able to update this mod soon

No update is required, and thanks for the note of appreciation!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#290 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 6:49 PM
Thanks for this :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 4:26 PM
Thank you so much! I was shocked to see this in my list of updates, as I had to remove it long ago. I've really missed it and all of your mods. Please know that we appreciate you and all of your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#292 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:35 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#293 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:18 AM
Thank you very much for the update !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#294 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 7:06 AM
Hey in the description you said:"You may want to consider my newer Evolve All Plants mod which has a compatible version of Faster Gardening included"

Do you mean that the evolve all mod you have comes with faster gardening, so I only need to install evolve all and not this anymore? I'm confused.
Deceased
Original Poster
#295 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simoleon2017
Hey in the description you said:"You may want to consider my newer Evolve All Plants mod which has a compatible version of Faster Gardening included"

Do you mean that the evolve all mod you have comes with faster gardening, so I only need to install evolve all and not this anymore? I'm confused.

@simoleon2017 - That's a very good question, and sorry for any confusion!

That information in the mod description is outdated and inaccurate. Evolve All used to come in two different versions, one of those included Faster Gardening as they both modified the same plant objects in order to function and would conflict with each other. Since Evolve All no longer has to modify the plant objects it isn't necessary for me to include a version that includes Faster Gardening, so they are now completely independent (and non-conflicting) mods. Install one or both, but neither mod includes the features of the other.

I'm updating the description to remove that outdated information, thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#296 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:19 AM
Great to have this mod back again! I think that EA did tone down some of the timings, but I know that, at the very least, "Spray for Bugs" still seems to take ages. Very helpful mod. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#297 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:02 AM
Does this include speeding up the process of spraying bugs? I am downloading this regardless of whether or not it includes spraying for bugs, because I've also downloaded CoolSpear's reimagined science career lot recently and, well, that garden in the lot is ginormous. I've just noticed that ordering sims to tend the garden doesn't include spraying for bugs, so now my sim has that lovely task of spraying all of the plants. I've extended his time at work, and even then he won't be able to finish spraying in one overtime work day.
Field Researcher
#298 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Does this include speeding up the process of spraying bugs? I am downloading this regardless of whether or not it includes spraying for bugs, because I've also downloaded CoolSpear's reimagined science career lot recently and, well, that garden in the lot is ginormous. I've just noticed that ordering sims to tend the garden doesn't include spraying for bugs, so now my sim has that lovely task of spraying all of the plants. I've extended his time at work, and even then he won't be able to finish spraying in one overtime work day.

You might want delphy's gardening gnome.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Field Researcher
#299 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
You might want delphy's gardening gnome.

Are you sure we're talking about the same game? As far as I know there isn't a gardening gnome for Sims 4... I've just googled it and it kept linking me to the one for Sims 3.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#300 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:05 PM
Thank u soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!
Page 12 of 14