Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16551 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:54 PM
heaven If you like LGR, he made a good, informative video after E3.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16552 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:54 PM
Ugh I clicked disagree - Python looks the pits to my eyes

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#16553 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
A quick rundown?

OK, here goes. *snip*

You forgot about the Great Pizza Texture Kerfuffle of '14

↖ the one emotion TS4 better have
Test Subject
#16554 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:02 PM
http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...months-issue-of

Being French, I translated the Simcookie article for you, to give you a better accuracy of the information :
1. You can class clothes by color, style or even research "by text".
2. New walking type : happy.
3. If a glutton sim eats a hot-dog he'll be unhappy but will be able to eat and to cook a "tournedos".
4.To relax a stressed sim you can make him take a relaxing bath to calm him.
5. You can put pictures on the wall without being in build/buy mode.
6. A happy sim will paint a "happy" picture; the mood of the sims who will watch the picture afterwards will feel happy too.
7. A cause will always have the same effect.
8. Each emotion has its own little music.
One Minute Ninja'd
#16555 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Ugh I clicked disagree - Python looks the pits to my eyes

I was wondering where that disagree came from so quickly.
Field Researcher
#16556 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLogicielle
3. If a glutton sim eats a hot-dog he'll be unhappy but will be able to eat and to cook a "tournedos".

Why would a Glutton become unhappy after eating a hot dog? Because he only ate one instead of ten? I could understand a Foodie being displeased with a hot dog, though.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16557 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
heaven If you like LGR, he made a good, informative video after E3.

Wow, so I missed...nothing. Except a few videos. And the gallery thing (which I'll likely never use because gallery = TS3 exchange reboot so no thanks). Thanks for the info/link though. Now I don't feel like I need to keep pouring through the hundred or so pages I still have left.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#16558 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tryguy
Really, I imagine it will be like they have it in in Sims 3, where to go visit the festival lot, you grab a taxi, or you can run or whatever. I think in Willow Creek, you'll have options to take the tram, and then you'll see the animation of them leaving (fade to black), then you'll probably have an animation of them disembarking at the other end. Possibly cars will work the same way, appear when you need them, live in your pocket when you don't. But, until we see an actual game running, we can only guess on how it is.

I think they'll be fairly logical about it though. The tram (and perhaps steamboat) look fun (rabbit holes).

Well, in S3 you could have a garage or parking space, but, seriously, pulling cars (baby carriages, space rocks, plated meals) out of their asses was something people never stopped bitching about. I'd be surprised if S4 had that for that reason. Don't get me wrong; it never bothered me. Wish I could do that in rl.
Scholar
#16559 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:13 PM
4.To relax a stressed sim you can make him take a relaxing bath to calm him.

Already had this in TS3 (because the lack of a comfort motive meant negative fun was used instead). Funnily enough, the cheapest tub was better for this - it was slower at cleaning a Sim but restored negative fun (stress) towards zero just as fast, meaning the bath had more time to restore the fun before hygiene was maxed. Or did a Sim continue to soak in the tub after hygiene was maxed to continue restoring fun? I never pushed my Sims that much.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#16560 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:16 PM
MissLogicielle, thanks for your translation! So gourmand is actually someone who likes to eat a lot of food, no matter the quality? (Or is that glouton?) Or is it someone who loves high-quality food?

EDIT: DrChillgood, I think they stay in the tub long enough to max out fun when you tell them to take a bubble bath, but not a normal bath.
#16561 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Well, in S3 you could have a garage or parking space, but, seriously, pulling cars (baby carriages, space rocks, plated meals) out of their asses was something people never stopped bitching about. I'd be surprised if S4 had that for that reason. Don't get me wrong; it never bothered me. Wish I could do that in rl.

3 generations of Sims have had stuffed butts, and they always will. It's here to stay

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#16562 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LlamaBama
They complain about sims having smartphones(when in America, a good majority of people do by now. I'm one of my only people I know that don't have one.),
Yeah it's like that here as well but still, people aren't born owning one, they don't all have the same model and there IS the option to turn them off. Though you'd be surprised how many people told me about dropping theirs in the toilet, apparently there are some in real life as well who need to be surgically separated from their smartphone
Mad Poster
#16563 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:20 PM
My theory is that they could, but have chosen not to for the following reason: Assuming each of those lots has their entire family at home, and each family has 8 sims, that is 40 sims now being instantiated and rendered, and possibly even animating. That is 20 more than the amount they decided you can have in your "playing field" at any one time. Ok so suppose there were only 4 sims living at each lot, that makes the 20 - fine. But, one of the lots loaded is your night club. You want it full of people drinking and dancing. Now, do all the sims in those lots walk out of their houses and join you in that night club? What if at least half of them were kids who had already gone to bed? Be a bit of a poor turnout!

No, I can see what they're doing here.

Couldn't they set the nightclub limit as 20 or whatever? Also the sims in the club I'm hoping will come from other 'neighborhoods', not just the 'neighborhood' where your active lot is.

3 generations of Sims have had stuffed butts, and they always will. It's here to stay

#16564 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:21 PM
It makes modding institutions harder if the sims have phones on them. Usually people can't just keep their mobile in prison.

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16565 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:21 PM
heaven All those endless pages you missed are only filled with frustration and despair. Seriously we still haven't seen any non-scripted game play or footage on how the new world works. So far just CAS, some sims fumbling around and little bit of quick build mode footage. And a whole lot of marketing buzzwords.
So it's 77 days until release and we haven't seen the game in action yet...
Lab Assistant
#16566 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Oh, Lord. I went on vacation for a week and really didn't have time to access my phones to read the forums. When I left, we were around page 480. I have no idea what's new (though I've been trying to catch up) but it certainly doesn't seem that E3 has bolstered much excitement or given many answers. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

I don't claim to be entirely accurate as a lot of this is going from memory but... There's a confirmed US release date for September 2nd, September 4th for Europe. Worlds will be comprised of 25 lots in total, split between five districts. There will be loading screens between districts and between lots which aren't public spaces. One of the districts in Willow Creek (the world) will be a very large park, but that is editable. There will be a gallery in-game to host CC but not mods, if Sims are downloaded through it they will join the active family. Aging will be optional and you will now have an option to prevent story progression on families you have played, so that only unplayed households would change, but that being said, aging, when selected, will happen across the board, so families in another district would grow too. It's been shown that in some cases, Sims can die from certain emotions, such as laughing. We saw in the E3 demo (I don't know how much you've seen, sorry if this is overkill) a Sim partying, having too much fun and laughing himself to death. Oh, and there will be two different types of cooking skill, home cooking and gourmet, they will be two separate skills and will cater to different needs.
#16567 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Couldn't they set the nightclub limit as 20 or whatever? Also the sims in the club I'm hoping will come from other 'neighborhoods', not just the 'neighborhood' where your active lot is.

But if you open all the lots in the hood there will be more than 20 sims active, so the game won't be able to bring any more in. The model relies on keeping many of the sims in the hood not loaded in order to get enough of the right sort of sims active for the type of event you are playing.

Theorist
#16568 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:27 PM
http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...months-issue-of

Being French, I translated the Simcookie article for you, to give you a better accuracy of the information :

Thank you! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#16569 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:28 PM Last edited by TanookiMark : 16th Jun 2014 at 2:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
2 or 3 days? Sims City was on disaster watch for more than 2 or 3 days. At least a month - and that didn't stop the game from being a buggy mess. Not only that, players learned they didn't even need to be online in the first place.

A lot of factors went into the game being badgered the way it was. Forcing the player to be online when they didn't need to, as well as having problems with the game getting online in the first place at launch was their downfall.

Yes, it was that bad. I know because I followed the disaster.

I follow the 'disaster' my self to. I bought the game together with 3 friends and yes the first day was a disaster, yes there were a lot problems with the servers and yes it was a apocalyps. On the bright side you could acces most of the server after 2/3 days. And the server problems were solved after the week. I was talking about the server NOT the game itself. Thats a whole different story. Played the game over 80 hours in the first week though :P.
Retired
retired moderator
#16570 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:32 PM
It makes modding institutions harder if the sims have phones on them. Usually people can't just keep their mobile in prison.

I once had two desert island castaways, and somehow they were still in service range... :/

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#16571 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisarasu
To me a casual game is like candy crush or farmvilee or one of those f2p games that people play on their phone for a few minutes while waiting at the dentist. Something not requiring any learning curve or long term commitment and certainly not costing hundreds of dollars. Hardly an appropriate term in my eyes for a pastime which requires many hours of play and deep pockets.

Yhea and Mario is also a casual game in those descriptions. The problem with the term casual are the people who think it stands for 'cheap, useless apps aka Candy Crush'. Casual is a game genre and has nothing to do with the cost and the commitment it takes to play the game. Casual only means it is accessible to many players and yes, the Sims is accessible to many players. It only depends on the way you play it. The same story for Mario. You could play it with your whole family or go the die hard way. It depends on your game style. Beside the Sims doesn't have any learning curve.. You just hop in and play. I don't see the term 'casual' as anything negative. Only as something 'different'.
The Sims is different and refreshing from all the other games which makes it unique in my eyes. But I wouldn't label a game with only one genre. As example Mario is a casual action adventure game. Same for Sims which is a life simulator and at the same time a time manager and strategy game.
Theorist
#16572 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:38 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 16th Jun 2014 at 3:00 PM.
Oh, Lord. I went on vacation for a week and really didn't have time to access my phones to read the forums. When I left, we were around page 480. I have no idea what's new (though I've been trying to catch up) but it certainly doesn't seem that E3 has bolstered much excitement or given many answers. Can anyone give me a quick rundown?

Hi heaven, and anyone else in this sticky situation. I went all the way back to page 480 to rekindle my mind in order to give you an accurate, in-depth summary.
WARNING VERY BIG POST:

Forum Resident
#16573 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Correct. After the loading screen finishes you don't start inside/on the lot, you start on the sidewalk in front of the lot. Whether you choose to walk onto the active lot or wander off into the neighborhood is entirely up to you. No matter if you're traveling to another lot in the current neighborhood, to another neighborhood, or to a different world entirely, you'll always select a lot as your destination because there is always one active lot.

Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
CALLED IT. Yall voted disagree but I was right!

Oh dear, I was having so much fun with this puzzle game. Most fun I've had in ages, trying to guess how this whole thing works. Myself I was working on the theory that loading screens work via rabbit hole's in magic world, via Simhara desert.

Wow, so I missed...nothing. Except a few videos. And the gallery thing (which I'll likely never use because gallery = TS3 exchange reboot so no thanks). Thanks for the info/link though. Now I don't feel like I need to keep pouring through the hundred or so pages I still have left.

Not sure if you missed the part about taking Sims taking pictures, to create memories that they can reminisce over. There is also two types of cooking this time, homestyle and restaurant gourmet. Also, now all pregnant women can wear fashionable clothes, because they can wear anything and not just maternity. Story progression also has had a big upgrade, it can cater for Sims 3 and rotational Sims 2 play at the same time. Still wondering about genetics, right now it doesn't look like a Sims 2 upgrade.

I like this game, I'm celebrating...
Mad Poster
#16574 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by F@bry
I like how they are managing the neighborhoods. I am willing to wait for a load when traveling between different neighborhood, but it bothers me much having to wait for the loading of a lot which is located in my own neighborhood.

Why can not you make lots active of district are reachable without load?

I don't want to have to control all 5 families at one time. You have your active lot that has Sims that you can control and you can use all the stuff anywhere in that hood but if you want to visit your neighbors then you must go through the load of that house and if you want to control new Sims then you must make active there lot.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#16575 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heldin90
MissLogicielle, thanks for your translation! So gourmand is actually someone who likes to eat a lot of food, no matter the quality? (Or is that glouton?) Or is it someone who loves high-quality food?
[...]

I'm not totally fluent in English and I still have a lack of vocabulary but I think you might be right: it could be a high-quality food lover trait.

Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Thank you! :lovestruc

You're welcome !
Locked thread
Page 663 of 817