Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 6:14 PM
I like the new layout.. but..
I recently came back after taking a few months away from simming, and even though I think the new layout is nice and helpful, I'd really like if there could be a light mode. On the homepage it looks exactly how it always did, but when I go to look at just sims 4 files it goes dark, with this dark blue background. normally I don't mind dark mode but its a weird transition. I've checked the layout options and none of them are light really. It's just a suggestion honestly, it bugs me a bit but I can live with it obviously. But yes it would be nice if it would be a uniform look. maybe there's a way to do it and I just don't know but I tried settings and everything else
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 6:28 PM
Did you try the settings button top right on your second pic? There's a toggle there between dark, light and a default setting, which works for me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 7:02 PM
Hm I did but I didn't see anything related to changing the layout color, I'll keep looking for it though, thanks.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 9:33 PM
Here's a pic in case you are missing what I'm seeing-
This settings button here:

Gives you this box:
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TimSim
I recently came back after taking a few months away from simming, and even though I think the new layout is nice and helpful, I'd really like if there could be a light mode. On the homepage it looks exactly how it always did, but when I go to look at just sims 4 files it goes dark, with this dark blue background. normally I don't mind dark mode but its a weird transition. I've checked the layout options and none of them are light really. It's just a suggestion honestly, it bugs me a bit but I can live with it obviously. But yes it would be nice if it would be a uniform look. maybe there's a way to do it and I just don't know but I tried settings and everything else

The reason the colours are different is because it detects (via CSS) the overall mode of your OS, ie normal or Dark mode. This change has yet to be rolled out to the full site and is only on the download pages at the moment.

To change it, just use the buttons as simsample pointed out

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 5:52 PM
Oh okayy, I got it now. for some reason I never noticed the other settings button. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 8:23 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Locked thread