Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1

by Chocolate Pi Posted 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:46 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:24 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

392 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 391 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 16
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 8:17 PM Last edited by woodchuck : 4th Mar 2006 at 8:47 PM.
why is this for test only? whats not done?
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 12:32 AM
boolprop postprosscing cheats dont seem to work anymore.
i think its because of the shader thing(boolprop useshaders false)
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 8:59 AM
Such a Great Mod!

Are you plan to make one for OFB?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The T
Such a Great Mod!

Are you plan to make one for OFB?

it allredy works great with OFB.
il never play without it again
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 3:53 PM
Hey... I didnt back anything up, and now it seems that light, during the day ;-), doesnt travel through windows and archways.... anyone know how to fix this? i didnt back anything up.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slimpyman
Hey... I didnt back anything up, and now it seems that light, during the day ;-), doesnt travel through windows and archways.... anyone know how to fix this? i didnt back anything up.

theres no way to fix this. gunmod said its a engine limitation sorry.
and gunmod old thread had the orginal files
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 10:15 PM
nice...i like the mod...looks my my computer is now actually doing something worthwhile, other than rendering a scene that is 3d but trying to look 2d. i kept wondering why maxis didnt do more with shaders and adv lighting. anyways thanks for taking up the gap for gunmod and doing what maxis should have a long time ago!
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 2:28 AM
Alot of lights are broken with OFB, and things are just too dark now, sorry to say I don't think i'll be using much of this hack anymore, but rest assured, it's amazing.
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:21 AM
wow! Exelent mod!

I would love to test it, but where do i extract the files? Kinda use simple terms for my small mind lol!!
'
thanks in advance!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#60 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 5:36 PM
Inside the archive are two folders: My Documents and Program Files.
If you have an english install, you can just extract them over their respective counter parts on your harddrive.
If you don't, you'll need to manually install it:
For my documents, go into the My Documents\EA Games\the Sims 2 folder in the archive and extract the folders over the folders is your My Documents\EA Games\[Translation of "The Sims 2"] folder.
For the program files, you'll need to do the following for each ep you have and the base game: open its folder in the archive (Program Files\EA Games\[EP Name in English]\) and extract that folder into the loaction where you installed that ep (for a defualt install, its [Main harddrive (usually C: )]\[translation of Program Files]\EA Games\[EP name in install language]).

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 6:43 PM
Alright!! Thanks! I tell you how they work on my game! people are very helpful around here
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Gyps101 : 6th Mar 2006 at 7:00 PM.
I'm sorry, but I feel like the dumbest 11 year old in the world. I used to be good at this stuff. Soo umm whats "archive"

Im really sorry, it has never came across before. :sorry:

Edit: I think that I might of gotton it, was it I just extracted it to My documents\Ea Games?

Im not sure if that sound right?

Edit X2: Wait, do i Extract it to My documents\Ea games\My documents\Ea games\The sims 2/Config or Downloads?

Also, I have ep Nightlife and ep Open For Business, would i have to do anything else?

Thanks!

And if you dont feel up to the challenge to explain something to me, It's ok, i understand lol!

Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:16 PM
the only prob i noticed with OfB is that sometimes when you are building or buying, objects become totally black. all you need to do to fix is place the hand over them like you are moving them and they light up again. besides this no probs(that ive noticed anyhow).
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:29 PM
I really love the early morning and evening lighting and all the shadow effects it has. Makes the game look more real.
BUT It is too dark in general. The daytime light reminds me of a partial eclipse. Have you ever seen one? As the sun is blocked out, you get an eery feeling. Then you look at the tree shadows and every leaf seems to have a double shadow. That eery feeling is with you until the sun is uncovered again.
It's hard to build with this lighting because all of indoors in the shade is blackened. When the school bus comes to pick up the kids and if the shadow is on the house side you can barely see the bus for black. If you could just tweak the light up just a little, because the whole effect is wonderful just so dark.
Would it be possible to have just a little more light in the daytime? And maybe even at night. Remember the moon? Just a little, not back to original but a tad more than this.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Field Researcher
#65 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by woodchuck
it allredy works great with OFB.
il never play without it again

Thanks. Downloading it now.
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 5:53 PM
I've been playing with this in for the last 2 days and have to agree that it's just a tad too dark inside now.

Outdoors things look incredible. Crisp and just over all more realistic. Indoors definately looks more realistic as well. I do like that the lighting feels "softer". Not sure how else to say that... transitions between the areas and where light and shadow falls blend perfectly. However, even in a room with full length 2 wide windows, it's too dark. Everything can still be made out clearly, mind you, but it's just not comfortable without having to turn all the lights in the room on.

Beautifully done so far and I will keep checking back and test any further changes you make.
Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 12:30 AM
Where do I extract it to?

This is a great mod and thanks for finishing parts of it up!!

Could you use terms like

My documents/Ea games/.....

THANK YOU!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#68 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 2:59 AM
Savy, read this post: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...943#post1094943.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 8:05 AM
Some feedback. I went back to using 2.1 because the the lights inside were way too dark.
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 1:35 PM Last edited by funkeymonkey22003 : 10th Mar 2006 at 1:45 PM. Reason: Forgot
Yes I go with everything Cjanefly764 has just said, exactly all appllies to me too, I love it outside, its perfect for a Gothic or Vampire scenes, but indoors during the day is far too dark, imposible to take good photographs because of all the shadows, but other than that, I simply adore the water now, its absolutley glorious, jump in and try it!

Edit: I have a pic for you: here is Johnson standing at the pool in the "new" Twighlight.

Thanks chocie
XXX

A crazy person doesn't really lose her mind . It just becomes something more entertaining
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 7:07 PM
Can anyone tell me what to do if i want to uninstall this version?
Instructor
#72 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 4:29 AM
Do you think it is at all possible to use the pool shaders here for the neighborhood water? It has some sort of weird reflective thing going on normally that only shows up if you look at it from the perfect angle, it would be really neat if it were replaced with something more natural.
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 8:07 PM Last edited by JVM : 13th Mar 2006 at 8:20 PM.
Default Great, but...
Ok, I've been using this for a few days now and I have seen some issues.

1: Light does not appear to be passing through Arches (nope not doing it). Having been looking at other threads on modding I came up with a thought, would it be possible to add the generate light ability to arches so that it looks like light is passing through them? edit: I just did another test that I hadn't thought of before, light is passing through arches it is just less than a window, so if the arch is inside a house the light after coming through the windows and then through an arch is not enough to be noticeable. Is there a way to brighten that up a little. When I put the arch on the outside wall of a house it appeared that a door with a window lets more through it.

2: The UserStartUpCheat useshaders false thing is bad if you want to use bump maping it ends up disabling that. See this http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...73&page=1&pp=25

3: Though I would like to see the waves in the ponds I understand that it is virtually impossible because of the way lot water is generated, at least according to something I read someplace else, I think it was the 2.1 version of this.

4: I have to agree with everyone else that it is a touch too dark inside during the day.

Over all this is a great job. I love it.
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 6:36 AM
hmm..
I still dont get the post you showed me

I do not download stuff for typical, I just test them or fix them. But i have not yet come across this part

I installed it under my documents/ea games

No effect
Test Subject
#75 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 8:08 PM
this place is not for asking technical questions, ppl...sorry but someone had to say it if a mod is not. there are better places to do so(game help and chat). please use them if the instructions are not clear enough.
Page 3 of 16