Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Andie Maxis male pixie hair WITH ANIMATION & recolors

by 0O_Andie_O0 Posted 5th Mar 2006 at 9:02 AM - Updated 6th Feb 2009 at 5:15 AM by 0O_Andie_O0

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
omg, i LOVE it
and the best thing is, i dont even need OFB for it!
*clicks the thank you button and rates 5*s *

Now all we need is one for females, that doesn't require OFB *wink wink*

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 10:22 PM
this is perfect...you rock!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 10:56 PM
Thank you!!! Love it :D
Could you make the new OFB long male hair avaliable for all ages to ... I absloutly LOVE that hair?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:11 PM
excellent work!!! thank you

Not made to measure baby
One size does not fit all
I will not be the one
You make to take the fall
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:15 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Forum Resident
#56 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:21 PM
Amazing work! Thank you so much! Could you please make the curly pigtails style for females of all ages (compatible without the ep)? I would loooove that! Thanks again!

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:36 PM
i like it better on guys, thanks!
#58 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 11:43 PM
thank you!
this is just what i was looking for.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 12:46 AM
This is so cool... especially since I have a Mac and OFB is months and months away...
it's funny cuz I just put in my pre order today for Nightlife (out on 3/27)... lol... I think most people are over it by now... I am anxious to get it just for the house designs.
Anywayz this is very cool... any chance you could do a recolor in dark purple, or purple and black mix?
Instructor
#60 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 3:17 AM
More guy hair - Hooray! Thanks for the recolours, they're great!
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 4:12 AM
Love !!!!Thank you~vv
Instructor
#62 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 6:48 AM
Oh, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for this beautiful male hairstyle, it's wonderful.

So few male hairstyles, I really appreciate this one so I can use it without OFB.

I'd like to echo Elvenranger's rekwest (missing my KEW button, forgive the spelling) for the long haired version to be possible w/o OFB.

This hair you've done, is absolutely stunning. Excellent work. Thankyou again.

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 7:22 AM
oh oh! can it be converted back for the ladies too?? Please? I love this hairstyle!!!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 12:24 PM
Yay! I thought it was too bad that this hairstyle wasn't unisex to begin with. Thank you for making it so.

You can make it for both genders for toddler through teen, at least, by opening up the recolours in SimPE and in the property sets changing gender to 3. YOu can do this for adults and elders too but since the headshape is different for males and females of those ages it won't look right.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 1:38 PM
I love this style for the girls! Thanks a bunch. My boys wanted to be trendy as well!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 3:28 PM
Terrific! Thanks!

Good deeds are forgotten in the blink of an eye...
but an imaginative felony can be our ticket to immortality.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 3:34 PM
After looking at these in game they still need work. From the front they're fine, but in the back the hair doesn't meet up with the neck properly, like it's too high up, and a one-colour texture shows. On the adults there is a big chunk out of the neck; on the teens, the hair doesn't meet up with the neck at all and there is a sizeable gap; on the children, there is no gap but part of the mesh sits just inside of the head instead of meeting smoothly with the neck; on the elders, there is a noticable seam up the back of the head.

I also noticed something odd about the textures themselves - the package files show that they each have all hair colour textures for some reason, which is probably increasing the file size considerably.

I like the work you've done so far, and it would be awesome if you could improve it.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 3:57 PM
With this I can make myself a Don!

Oi! Oi! Oi!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allemande
The female hair is an OFB mesh which comes with the game.
I wish people could read. I want the hair for all ages. Not just for adults.
Test Subject
#70 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 11:31 PM
ahhh i love you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 1:46 AM Last edited by 0O_Andie_O0 : 14th Mar 2006 at 11:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Renatus Valentinus
After looking at these in game they still need work. From the front they're fine, but in the back the hair doesn't meet up with the neck properly, like it's too high up, and a one-colour texture shows. On the adults there is a big chunk out of the neck; on the teens, the hair doesn't meet up with the neck at all and there is a sizeable gap; on the children, there is no gap but part of the mesh sits just inside of the head instead of meeting smoothly with the neck; on the elders, there is a noticable seam up the back of the head.

I also noticed something odd about the textures themselves - the package files show that they each have all hair colour textures for some reason, which is probably increasing the file size considerably.

I like the work you've done so far, and it would be awesome if you could improve it.

Yes,I know. All meshes are fine in my 3d program but no matter how I moved the vertices of the neck, it still have this problem in the game and body shop. I have already revised each of them more than 10 times and revisions really spend time in production of meshes. If a mesh file is revised too much, it will not be usable for some reason. I tried that before and did it over again several times. It seems there is something wrong with my tool. I can't figure it out. I wish I did not need to go to school and do projects everyday. Maybe I revise them later when I am available and the tools have been improved.Your opinion is very precious and really contribute.Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:38 AM
THANK YOU! I was hoping someonewould do this, but wasn't sure if it was possible. LOVE IT.
Theorist
#73 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 12:39 PM
Simply wonderful! Thanks very much for your hard work. It's so difficult to find decent male hair! :salute:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#74 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpikedXx
I don't get how a HAIRSTYLE can be emo... people label everything.
But this is a great job, man!

Well, it's the stereotypical thing. People who listen to emo music dress a certain way and have hair like that. -shrug-
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#75 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:17 PM
Now all we need is one for females, that doesn't require OFB *wink wink*
===========
I have mesh and 4 basic recolor files - hair does not appear in the bodyshop.
So I guess never the less... it req OFB

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Page 3 of 5