Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*

by Numenor Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 6:14 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM by Numenor : MAJOR UPDATE! Entire set now available for ANY GAME!

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 11:47 PM Last edited by tabbylou : 5th Sep 2006 at 4:44 PM. Reason: can't spell or type correctly
No texture images in file in SimPE to recolor, so how do I recolor? Please advise.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 9:48 AM
I realized (thanks to your reports) that the "Lost & Found" objects have too an unusual structure for SimPE to recolour them. I'm trying to invent a workaround for that; in the meantime, some "Lost & Found" objects may be not recolourable.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#78 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 12:17 PM
Thanks sooo much for this! & here's hoping you have an awsome well deserved vacation!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 4:22 PM
Yeehaw! How cool. Getting the G-Pack soon, maybe Thursday?

Thankies! You rock

Hehehehe... I have Bella!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 4:42 PM Last edited by tabbylou : 5th Sep 2006 at 4:43 PM. Reason: can't spell
Thanks Numenor, I'll keep monitoring this forum for the workaround. Keep up the Excellent Work!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:27 PM
Thank you once again Numenor, this is very appreciated. You are truly a very valuable creator/modder and the sims community is greatly enhanced because of you.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:29 PM
I'm afraid that very few persons can find a workaround for this (beside Quaxi, that is already too busy).

So, I've found a workaround myself

*** UPDATE 05 SEPTEMBER: Now all the items are correctly recolourable ***
Anyone interested in creating recolours for these items should redownload the entire set.
(If you don't plan to create your own recolours, you don't need to redownload)

[TECH MODE]
For anyone interested in the technical details, the problem is that the CRES and all the scenegraphic files (including the textures) reside in the game files, not in my packages. SimPE just can't find the textures, in such a case.
The workaround consists in adding to all the packages a GMND containing a tsMaterialsMeshName block pointing to the object itself. The tsMaterials block is unreferenced (so that the game ignores it), but SimPE is forced to look for the textures in an external package (the game files).
[/TECH MODE]

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#83 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 12:31 AM
Numenor . . . You are the ModFather! Awesome work again, thank you very much :D
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 9:33 AM
gualsim wrote:
"Hi! this is the first time I write here, but it's just I have to say something. Maybe the reason Maxis did not release this set is because is a shameless copy of a complete set named vroom! from parsimonious web page, they even look like the same meshes. You can check what I say here:
http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/kids/7.shtml "

I didn't see anyone notice his post, that's a good reason Maxis didn't included this set in Glamour Life.

Llama here, llama there, llama, llama, duck!
Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:11 PM
But if it was like you say it is, Why does maxis still keep it in the game, why do they put the files in there?
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:17 PM
Love the set! But I have a problem with blinking blue up at the top where the sheets fold. Actually hard to explain. I've attached a picture. I tried selling the bed and rebuying. I also tried another bedspread. Nothing worked. Any ideas?

Black Holes are where God divided by zero. -Steven Wright
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyssaKi
Love the set! But I have a problem with blinking blue up at the top where the sheets fold. Actually hard to explain. I've attached a picture. I tried selling the bed and rebuying. I also tried another bedspread. Nothing worked. Any ideas?

I have the same issue. Good thing I read through all four threads before repeating someone else.
I'm going to re-download in hopes the up-date will fix the issue.

Thanks Guys

I'm a longhaired Redneck Rock and Roll Son of DETROIT
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 4:50 AM
Thanx so much this is great. Love you much :#

Dyslexics Untie :P
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 2:05 PM
I also discovered that the clothes in the armoire are blinking blue. So, I downloaded the updated set and replaced the old with the new. The bed seems to be okay. I'm going to check it again later today. But the clothes in the armoire are still blinking blue.

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 9:33 PM
Hi!
I just love all the hidden things you extract!
Unfortunately I have a problem with the bed and something else. It says that the files are corrupt and doesn't unpack them. What do I do?
Mad Poster
#91 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 10:37 PM
Don't blinky blue parts of items mean that the game can't render the texture that is intended to show there?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Havelock : 11th Sep 2006 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Fix for Dresser deletet is now includet in the main Download
Quote: Originally posted by LyssaKi
I also discovered that the clothes in the armoire are blinking blue. So, I downloaded the updated set and replaced the old with the new. The bed seems to be okay. I'm going to check it again later today. But the clothes in the armoire are still blinking blue.

The Bed got fixed by him for the dresser there is a typo in maxis shape numenor has linked to. Here is a fixed version with an addet corrected shape in it.
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 9:50 PM
Okay, I've read through all the posts, and looks like no one has mentioned the problem I am having. I have download both the first and second version of Numenor's files and installed them in my game.

However, everything shows up, even in the collections file, except for the side table (tires) and the toybox. Its sooo wierd, especially with all the other objects showing up fine!!

I have all exp packs and patches installed except FFS and have completed the run-around for re-enabling custom content. This is happening with both versions of Numenor's files.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Test Subject
#94 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 1:03 AM
Too awesome for words. Thanks so much. :P

Live like there's no tomorrow! :)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:22 PM
*** UPDATE 11 SEPTEMBER: No more flashing blue clothings in the armoir ***

Thank you, Haveloc, for having tracked down and fixed the bug; your fixed armoire has been included in the main download.

Twistingsims2 - Can you see those missing items when you open the collection, at least? Or are they missing from the collection, too?

Lab Assistant
#96 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
*** UPDATE 11 SEPTEMBER: No more flashing blue clothings in the armoir ***

Thank you, Haveloc, for having tracked down and fixed the bug; your fixed armoire has been included in the main download.

Welcome back Numenor ! I was surprised myself to get it fixed its my first fix i have done.
BTW: There is no reason to credit me in your topic my little fix is it not worth.
And final thank you very mutch for your unlocked set its so nice i love it more as the familyfun stuff Items.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:36 PM
Thanks Haveloc and Numenor. Everything is working great now!!!

Lab Assistant
#98 Old 16th Sep 2006 at 5:53 PM
I don't see the toybox or the 'tyres' endtable either. I just downloaded this set today. I have the UK version of GLS, would that make a difference.

With my very limited skills I went sniffing around in SimPE at the object package files in GLS, and the textures and objects do seem to be in the list, but they do not show up for me in the buy catalogue or the collection file. Hopefully some bright spark can remedy this, i'd love to have the complete set.

Thanks for all your efforts, its appreciated!
-Xianah-
xXx

edited to add: I have all expansion packs - except FFS
Test Subject
#99 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM
I'm so glad Xianah posted the same problem, at least I'm not the only one, whew!!

Sorry took me so long to reply Numenor, yes both those items are not showing in either the buy catalogue section or the collections!!

I bought my copy of Glamour in Canada, so I don't think I have the UK version, if it makes any difference?

I too hope we can find a solution, as this set is wonderful!! Thanks
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 9:14 PM
The toybox and end table don't show up for me eather. I have a US copy if you wanted to know.
Page 4 of 9