Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 6:11 AM
Yes, they did! I can only imagine the actual Sims looking more realistic than ever! Maybe like what the realistic skin tones from The Sims 2 Community would look like but as default.
Advertisement
#27 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 6:51 AM
I just hope I won't have to completely rebuild my computer to run it.
#28 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:42 AM
That plumbob scares my graphics card, lol.
Scholar
#29 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:44 AM
yours too huh? LOL

I clicked on the link and mine started coughing..
#30 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:45 AM
Guess what!?!?!? There's NO way I'm gettin the sims 3 YET but the plumbob SO tempts me!!!! OMG, what will i do???
#31 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamonteGirl
Guess what!?!?!? There's NO way I'm gettin the sims 3 YET but the plumbob SO tempts me!!!! OMG, what will i do???

Wait just like the rest of us since it's not going to come out for a while anyway :P
#32 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:08 AM
I'm relieved that Sims3 will be coming out in late 2008. It doesn't matter to me, but I hope it will be great. I was so shocked when I heard that the site will be ready on the 19th of March. Phew, glad I didn't buy all the Sims2 ep. It would be such a waste since the Sims3 will be coming out.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
That plumbob scares my graphics card, lol.

I burst out laughing when i read that Nearly woke the kids lol.
Gradually as i was reading, i was thinking, gee, my computer has enough trouble with sims 2. I'm going to have to spend a fortune on one that will run sims 3! This could take some time....then i read your comment. Perfect :D
Alchemist
#34 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Well..... I hope they wait until late 2009 or 2010-2011. I heard that Freetime is not the last EP.
How long time before TS2 came out did maxis talk about it???

the last estimated date I saw was 1st quarter 2009
Scholar
#35 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:13 PM
According to Snooty Sims, the first pictures of TS2 came out fourteen months in advance, and I'm guessing the new info on March 19th will be accompanied by the first TS3 screenshots. So I think it's safe to assume it will be on the shelves sometime around Spring of '09.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Inventor
#36 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:17 PM
Hey, PEOPLE! Sims 3 is NOT coming out March 19th, just its WEBSITE! Wanted to make that clear.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
yours too huh? LOL

I clicked on the link and mine started coughing..

literally made me lol.

I'm fully prepared to update my computer if need be for Sims 3. I'm also considering whether or not I could run Sims 2 on an external hard drive. Regardless, I'll back my user files on an external hard drive and uninstall if i have to. I can't wait for Sims 3. As much difference between 1&2, I can't even imagine 3.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:24 PM
Ermm....has anyone seen this....

www.snootysims.com/sims3/sims3.jpg
Alchemist
#39 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
Ermm....has anyone seen this....

www.snootysims.com/sims3/sims3.jpg

oh my gosh! i want it so bad! they look really realistic
Forum Resident
#40 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:30 PM
I think it looks bad.....personally....i was expecting crysis graphics and we get....this?
#41 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:31 PM
Anyone who says that looks bad must be blind.

By God.

My heart stopped.

If that's The Sims 3, right there... I can't wait any longer.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:34 PM
Seriously....how is that good...i think their aiming at low end graphics cards once again.....*waits till sims 4*...

See the top of that page- "no bladder bars" wooooooooooo
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:37 PM
Holy crap, I SO am not ready for this. I don't want the Sims 2 community to die out this soon! Things are just getting good! We've barely even touched the surface of the Sims 2!!! D=
#44 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:43 PM
I knew how they would look, the sims2 Free time had a video for you, they can walk to neighbors get to chatting you know.. Look ugly All that.. I think it is hideous I don't want it, I like sims 2 and they look wayyyyyy too.. BLEH, What is wrong with that girls hair O.o; :handbag:

Valerie
#45 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:49 PM
I beg to differ. To me they look a million times better than Sims 2. Different ethnicities, different weigts, obvious personality differences, even height differences? It seems to me that they have gone down the road - albiet the right road - of focusing more on gameplay rather than crystal clear graphics.

Kind of hypocritical how people were all like, 'Wow, that plumbbob looks way too realistic... the graphics will bomb my computer'

And yet this seems to be the only thing people are caring about for The Sims 3. Hmm.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:51 PM
Well yes..if we have had to wait this long for something that looks worse that the sims 2 then im really annoyed.... *grumbles*
#47 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:00 PM
Omg, they look BETTER than TS2
Do you remember what your sims look like WITHOUT the CC?

These look like Sims 2 sims if they were loaded with CC, like mine are....

I think it is easy to see they have different weights/body proportion
Maybe even different heights.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#48 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:05 PM
I know it's early to judge the game, especially since custom content is what makes the game more playable in many ways. I know what we have seen has not been high resolution images or footage of actual in-game gameplay.

That having been said, that cover looks somewhat like concept art to me. Perhaps, because I have TS2 sims that look more realistic/less-"clay-like"? But, I really, really hope that there is a graphical improvement to what I have seen with these TS3 previews. I do not know, perhaps I need to see better pictures to see the "beauty" of the TS3 sims? I do like that they will be more distinct though.

I think getting rid of the "needs" is a MAJOR deterrent for me. I would need to know or see more of these "moods". Does the Sim's icon and plumbbob turn blue with pink stripes to tell me the Sim has to pee, eat, and/or sleep? Without a "needs" bar, how would I know? I find a numerical system, representative by the color changing bar, far more believable than "my Sims have a 'I need pee' mood". Mood is emotion, not necessarily physical need, right?

Does it reminds anyone else of the Urbz?

I fear a future in which TS3 Sims will have a blue and pink plumbbob that is trying to tell me they have not peed in days, but I am too busy preventing them from waving their arms at me simply because they have not visited a glorified community lot to people watch within the last four Sim hours.....all because in TS3, going to the market would seem to be more important than your bladder?!

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
#49 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
That having been said, that cover looks somewhat like concept art to me. Perhaps, because I have TS2 sims that look more realistic/less-"clay-like"?

Does it reminds anyone else of the Urbz?

Yes...thats the word was looking for..clay-like..and very unrealistic...if this doesnt improe im not putting my hand in my pocket for this game...
#50 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:07 PM
Maybesomething,
I think we won't have to worry about them peeing AT ALL
Not that they will have a pee mood, but will not have the need to pee period.
Or, that their need with just have no severe consequence like peeing in the floor.

Like, come on, as an adult when have you really peed on the floor...
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated
Page 2 of 6