Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 34 of 36
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#826 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:08 AM
Such an awesome way to organize and manage my custom content. Did wonders for how I play my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#827 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:54 PM
Hi! I have a small question about CC Magic. If I install a lot via Launcher which includes lots of CC I already have installed via CC Magic, do I have to delete all the CC the lot includes from CC Magic to avoid duplicated CC?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#828 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:41 PM
To add a comment. CCMagic works perfectly for me, except for patterns which I had have to include in my game with the launcher, cause they didn't work at all when I put them in a CCMagic specific folder. I mean - contrary to a comment (7th June 2016 1:49 AM) - I have all skins, all hairs, all NRAAS and CC stuff, all sliders and any other hacks, and particularly all my clothes whose, for each ones, I've verified and often modified the clothing categories with S3PE (CASP > GRID > ...) (Thanks to all the creators). I made also folders for simpacks, and all works perfectly in the game. Even if I don't dare to put Sims, and Lots, and the fact that I've to download patterns with the launcher, for me, this is a real relief to use your creation: I can see what there is in my game, I can easily put and remove what I want. Congrats and thank you so much. [thjap]
Test Subject
#829 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by npalvio
Hi! I have a small question about CC Magic. If I install a lot via Launcher which includes lots of CC I already have installed via CC Magic, do I have to delete all the CC the lot includes from CC Magic to avoid duplicated CC?

I think so. When you are in construction or CAS mode, you should see the same thing twice, with two different symbols (the launcher and the mod symbol). It's not really that big, if there's not too much. Otherwise, you should note the duplicates and remove them either by CCMagic (which is very easy) or by the launcher (which is more tedious, but essential if you have modified something from the package with S3PE for example). [thjap]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#830 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 5:36 AM
thank you
Instructor
#831 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 8:01 PM
Where are packed files actually stored? I thought I copied all my TS3 data over to my new computer, but anything I packed with CC magic is gone...
Lab Assistant
#832 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:02 AM
Hey I recently ended up with a bit of an issue. I accidentally mis-clicked making two folders in Legacy and I don't want them there, but no matter what I have tried from wiping every trace of CC Magic to simply uninstalling it, it still has those annoying two folders in the Legacy category. Please someone help me fix this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#833 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:09 AM
(Update) Nevermind I figured it out, all folders in the CC Magic are simply saved in the Mod's package folder, deleting it from there, deletes it from the CC Magic.
Test Subject
#834 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:15 AM
This does not install custom content or anything for that matter. Or it is just that complicated to use.
Instructor
#835 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:27 PM
In the years I've been using CC Magic, I've never encountered a problem. But now, suddenly, whenever I try to open the program, all it shows is a white background. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice, but to the same result. Anyone else having this problem?
Test Subject
#836 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:57 AM
Hi,
I'm not entirely sure if this discussion is still being checked. But I've run into a bit of a problem on a new Windows 10 (fall creators update)
Whenever I try to install the requirements (framework 4.0 & C++ libraries), i get the error that a new version of the framework and libraries is installed and the installation won't continue.
The installation of CC magic gives me no errors, but when I run the program, it crashes immediately. If i check the logs I can see the following error:
"Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQLite error
duplicate column name: InstallDate"

If i google it, then I found that the issue is cause by a missing framework.
Deinstallation of my current installed framework isn't possible, cause it's built in in my OS.

Is there a way to resolve this? Or a work-around?
Test Subject
#837 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:20 AM
Default omfg!
All I can say is wow.
My game lagged so bad it was near unplayable, I'm still gobsmacked at how well it is actually running.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#838 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 3:11 AM
Thanks so much! I've been beating my head on the desk trying to install cc without mucking up my PC with Origin. This should do the trick!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#839 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 11:35 AM
A MUST HAVE! I discovered this years ago, I just can't live without it! Takes a bit of time to master, but it is definitely what you need.
Test Subject
#840 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 7:08 PM
The Getting Started Site is down, what now?
Field Researcher
#841 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnnisonLonnison
The Getting Started Site is down, what now?

yeah its down for me too. I just want know if this cc magic can make 10 packages into one. and what button to click lol
Field Researcher
#842 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by npalvio

This is an old, old, old post, but I'm gonna answer and say I'm 99% sure you have to have the custom content installed in addition to what's included in the lot. I say that because I've run into situations where I did not have the custom content installed and found the items that came with the lot were missing.
Test Subject
#843 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:32 PM
Workaround for materializing materials / pattern overwriting other patterns
Hi all,
Have you encountered this problem of patterns multiplying in CAS? One pattern overwrites other patterns so that it might show up like 10 times in your pattern selection in CAS? I've downloaded all patterns via launcher (not via CC Magic) as instructed, but still noticed that some patterns cause this problem.
After experimenting today (I didn't dare to delete all the beautiful patterns), I found out something that worked for me. Here's what I did:

1. Create a "folder" for the problematic patterns in CC Magic (Sets - Default - Add)
2. Drag the problematic patterns to this folder
3. Disable the problematic set (Configurations - Click on the pattern set - Click on the arrow that puts the set to Disabled sets, OR uncheck all the Enabled-checkboxes in the Sets view)
4. I clicked Clear Cache, but I don't know if it's important for the result
5. Rebuild
6. Play.

7. I actually had to repeat the whole process many many times, because everytime I opened my game, I found a new pattern that multiplied. Then I closed the game, opened CC Magic, and put this new pattern to the disabled set. Now there are no patterns that overwrites others Though I'm not sure why are the patterns showing up in my game after I disable them... Anyway, a great mod! I hope this helps some of you with tha pattern problem.
Test Subject
#844 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:59 PM
I am having the same problem in the log file as mimisapje
Anyone find a solution?
Quote: Originally posted by mimisapje
Hi,
I'm not entirely sure if this discussion is still being checked. But I've run into a bit of a problem on a new Windows 10 (fall creators update)
Whenever I try to install the requirements (framework 4.0 & C++ libraries), i get the error that a new version of the framework and libraries is installed and the installation won't continue.
The installation of CC magic gives me no errors, but when I run the program, it crashes immediately. If i check the logs I can see the following error:
"Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQLite error
duplicate column name: InstallDate"

If i google it, then I found that the issue is cause by a missing framework.
Deinstallation of my current installed framework isn't possible, cause it's built in in my OS.

Is there a way to resolve this? Or a work-around?
Test Subject
#845 Old 7th May 2019 at 1:31 AM
I am having the same problem as Yeemstar and mimisapje.

I have ran windows updates, have installed all the requirements and have the same error in my log.
Test Subject
#846 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:26 AM
Similar problem here as what Yeemstar and mimisapje are seeing - CC Magic launches, opens for a few seconds, then disappears. The executable isn't running afterwards, and no log file is created. Running the latest Windows 10, and all required libraries are more recent than what the program requires. Tried running in compatibility mode, as administrator, etc.. no luck.

--= J
Test Subject
#847 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 8:37 PM
Default CC Magic User Guide may be a bad link
I clicked on the CC Magic User Guide link and it took me to a fake Microsoft pop-up. I think that link may be outdated or pose a threat to other Simmers
Test Subject
#848 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:30 PM
Hi everyone, I know this is a very old topic, but I was looking around because I need to merge some CC for The Sims 3 and I saw many people here were saying the link to the guide for this tool is broken.
I just found another tutorial here: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-with-cc-magic/. The link works, but I haven't tried following it yet, I literally just saw it and had to create a new account on here because I can't get my old one back. I hope this is somehow useful to you all and things work out nice. Have a nice day!
Test Subject
#849 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 1:03 AM
I'm having a complete crash every time I try to use it. System log says it's missing the SQLite dll file, but that file's right here. How can I fix it?
Test Subject
#850 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 6:19 AM Last edited by WeirdlyUnique : 26th Mar 2020 at 4:50 PM.
Okay, so I installed The Sims3pack Multi-Installer and converted my .sims3pack content into .package files. They're all sorted into their own subfolder.

My question is: Can I merge those folders into 1 package file instead of having them in their own little seperate file and then drag them to The Sims 3 packages folder?

Say if I have 10 .package files of hairstyles, but instead of having a whole list of them in a folder, I wanted to merge all those files into 1. Can I do it and unmerge later? If I can't unmerge, do I repeat the same process as before?
Page 34 of 36