Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CC Magic -- Custom Content Management and Game Launcher [Updated 07/15/2012 ] WORKS WITH Supernatural!!!

by granthes Posted 26th Nov 2011 at 7:37 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

879 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 637 Feedback Posts, 241 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 35 of 36
Test Subject
#851 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 3:15 AM
Hey! So I've recently gotten a new computer and finally set CC Magic up a week ago!

Due to my hard drive (c) being small I've done a hardlink of my documents to my secondary drive (s). I'm noticing cc that is in cc magic is now not showing up in game since I've done the hardlink. I've uninstalled CC Magic and am reinstalling to fix the issue. BUT if it doesn't work, I want to understand how I can get CC Magic to work with the new game destination?
Test Subject
#852 Old 7th May 2020 at 4:53 AM
Where are the instructions for using this program? The web sites listed on the download no longer exist. HELP!!!
Test Subject
#853 Old 10th May 2020 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MountainMamaMSB
Where are the instructions for using this program? The web sites listed on the download no longer exist. HELP!!!

I used the wayback machine to get this archived link:
https://web.archive.org/web/2013041...pic,1286.0.html
Test Subject
#854 Old 28th May 2020 at 7:16 PM
My game doesn't open anymore
Test Subject
#855 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 10:27 PM
After Downloading CC Magic. The Automatic Downloaded file set-up, I've came across an Issue. Open CC magic and hitting play through cc magic it closes as if it's trying to run the launcher itself but Sims 3 launcher doesn't respond by any means. Can someone please help me solve this problem. I've checked all possible issues
Test Subject
#856 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 8:41 PM
Can anybody possibly explain to me why only some of the thumbnails are not showing up for clothes? All of my CC are .package files. I just want to be able to go through and delete specific pieces of clothing that I don't want in CAS & this seems like the right program to be able to go through your CC & see what you have. But without all of the thumbnails it makes it slightly more difficult. Somebody help?
Test Subject
#857 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 8:19 PM
Does anyone know what causes your Default folder to be empty? CCMagic just won't load any of my cc... I've followed all the tutorials, but no matter whether I put .package or .sim3pack files into the download folder, none of them show! It seems like CCMAgic won't recognize any of them
Test Subject
#858 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jami1995
Does anyone know what causes your Default folder to be empty? CCMagic just won't load any of my cc... I've followed all the tutorials, but no matter whether I put .package or .sim3pack files into the download folder, none of them show! It seems like CCMAgic won't recognize any of them

Okay so, if I put my package folders into ccmagic/content/packages folder, it shows up in CCMagic but when I press rebuild nothing happens. No cache folder is created or anything. I don't know what I did to fuck up this programm so much but if anyone knows what I did please - help?
Lab Assistant
#859 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:15 AM
I have this 1 massive problem with CC Magic & I have no idea how to fix it.
The game keeps bringing back deleted CAS Parts. If I delete CC Magic & launch the game, everything works fine. If I install CC Magic, it's back. The CAS Part won't show on the CC Magic list either.
Lab Assistant
#860 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 2:13 PM
Doesn't work. Setting a path to the game launcher crashes the program and when you click help it links you to some scam website. Epic.
Test Subject
#861 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 2:36 PM
Default How to uninstall CC Magic?
How to uninstall CC Magic?
Test Subject
#862 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ollinaie
Using CC Magic in non-english or custom configurations:

1. move the "The Sims 3" CC Magic created out of "..\Documents\Electronic Arts"
2. open windows console
3. cd to "..\Documents\Electronic Arts" folder
4. mklink /J "The Sims 3" "Die Sims 3" <-- path to folder your installation is actual using goes here

*Be aware that this is NOT a copy but just a second name for the SAME folder. If you delete or copy something into one of the twins, it will also be changed in the other.

Hi guys!
Even though this is a veeeery old thread, I still hope for someone to help me.

I have the very same problem with CC Magic as described by Flowen.

Could someone please explain steps 1-4 (okay, 3 and 4 ) further to me, I am not quite sure how to proceed to make this work in the German version.

Thanks! ♥
Test Subject
#863 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 11:35 PM
Default CC Magic
Hi I would love to use cc magic but it keeps both the merged package files and the original unmerged package files on the same hard drive which takes up space. Is there a way I can keep them separated on different hard drives? Please reply
Test Subject
#864 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 11:00 PM
Fixed Framework .NET Issue!
Quote: Originally posted by mimisapje
Hi,
I'm not entirely sure if this discussion is still being checked. But I've run into a bit of a problem on a new Windows 10 (fall creators update)
Whenever I try to install the requirements (framework 4.0 & C++ libraries), i get the error that a new version of the framework and libraries is installed and the installation won't continue.
The installation of CC magic gives me no errors, but when I run the program, it crashes immediately. If i check the logs I can see the following error:
"Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQLite error
duplicate column name: InstallDate"

If i google it, then I found that the issue is cause by a missing framework.
Deinstallation of my current installed framework isn't possible, cause it's built in in my OS.

Is there a way to resolve this? Or a work-around?

THERE IS A WAY!

I finally managed how to make this work out on Windows 10, so I'm sharing what I discovered.

You only need to install .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack Offline and it wouldn't crash anymore. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#865 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnnisonLonnison
The Getting Started Site is down, what now?

Just use Wayback Machine (archive.org).
Test Subject
#866 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beanierani
THERE IS A WAY!

I finally managed how to make this work out on Windows 10, so I'm sharing what I discovered.

You only need to install .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack and it wouldn't crash anymore. :lovestruc

I wasn't able to download .Net 4 framework either, but i was able to download .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack Offline thanks to your link above. Is this all I need to run cc magic, then? (I already have a 2017 version of C++ installed on my pc.) I don't want to mess up my computer again! I used cc magic last week without any .net 4 framework at all, and something went wrong, and I had to totally reinstall my Sims game. (I don't have that much cc yet, so it wasn't a giant deal to reinstall it, but I should get it right before I mess something up again.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#867 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 12:18 PM
How do I make this work on a mac? My internet is too slow to do bootcamp rn.
Test Subject
#868 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 2:24 AM
I installed ccmagic today as my computer had failed requiring an reinstall on all my programs. As I completed the installation I noticed that the prerequisite software requirements don’t work. The .net framework says I have a newer update installer and both of the visual c++ links link to a download that is no longer available. When ccmagic tries to launch it crashes and in the logs it states that it could not load system.data.SQLite.doll or one of its dependencies which means the program needs the prerequisites. I have been searching the mod page, forums and reddit and not found a solution that works with the inability to download the programs. Is this a lost cause or does anyone know of any other way of fixing this? Thank you for your time
Test Subject
#869 Old 17th May 2022 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrozenSimming
Hey! So I've recently gotten a new computer and finally set CC Magic up a week ago!

Due to my hard drive (c) being small I've done a hardlink of my documents to my secondary drive (s). I'm noticing cc that is in cc magic is now not showing up in game since I've done the hardlink. I've uninstalled CC Magic and am reinstalling to fix the issue. BUT if it doesn't work, I want to understand how I can get CC Magic to work with the new game destination?

I know this is 2 years later but for anyone else that needs to know this. You will have to delete that hardlink for your Sims 3 docs and instead move your folder to the other disk. Then CC magic will automatically just create it's folders in it. If that makes sense. CC magic on the other hand I don't get at all, so confusing
Scholar
#870 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 123Mopseygirl
I installed ccmagic today as my computer had failed requiring an reinstall on all my programs. As I completed the installation I noticed that the prerequisite software requirements don’t work. The .net framework says I have a newer update installer and both of the visual c++ links link to a download that is no longer available. When ccmagic tries to launch it crashes and in the logs it states that it could not load system.data.SQLite.doll or one of its dependencies which means the program needs the prerequisites. I have been searching the mod page, forums and reddit and not found a solution that works with the inability to download the programs. Is this a lost cause or does anyone know of any other way of fixing this? Thank you for your time

Hope you see this, I'm late to it and there doesn't appear to be much support on this anymore. What I do know is that you can install older versions of .net framework and have them on your PC at the same time, the old one doesn't install over the new one or delete it, I have more than one on Windows 10 and had more than one on windows 7. I actually came to this post for help too, can't work out if I can use this to merge my files without creating collections, I have my own collection files.
Test Subject
#871 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 123Mopseygirl
I'm having the exact same issue, the visual c++ links just lead to error 404 pages and so I can't get cc magic to work at all. I really hope there's another way to download those, but I haven't been able to find anything so far.
Test Subject
#872 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 7:32 PM
does it work for windows 11?
Test Subject
#873 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 9:42 PM
Hello! I am having some issues here. I have everything recommended to download already download, however when I click on the app, it crashes right away. Any way I can get this to work?
Scholar
#874 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 2:35 AM
I'm having the same issue here. I just finished installing TS3 on my new Windows 10 laptop. Now I have a ton of cc I need to get into the game somehow, but I can't get CCMagic to work. It just flashes up briefly and then closes again. It leaves a massive log file in my Electronic Arts folder which is beyond my ability to understand. I downloaded and installed .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack but that made no difference at all. I'm at a loss! Can somebody help?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#875 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:26 AM
I found a solutions. One that worked for me at any rate.

Take a look at this thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=671875

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 35 of 36