Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#201 Old 4th May 2013 at 2:42 PM
Aww, Birch Soggybottom is a cute kid. His little eyes remind me of a cat. They are a pretty color. He looks like he has no eyebrows at first glance, but when I look closely I can see that they are just really light and close to his eyes.

I haven't really been able to play Sims 2 much because of work. I'm just too tired to do much of anything when I get home. I played Widespot yesterday, but I'm still working on moving all of the families from the family bin into houses. I moved the Gavigans and the Travellers into apartments and played through a few days with them. I also built a house for the Ottomas family, but I haven't moved them into it yet.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 4th May 2013 at 2:58 PM
I did as recommended and played through each Widespot family for one day. I love it. With all of the drama it's like Pleasantview on steroids. I started a legacy in Widespot, too. The founder is Clara Rossi, a popularity sim. She's a beautiful actress who went broke and is starting life over in the boonies. I spawned a bunch of maxis townies for her and her descendants to breed with, that is if I can get the native Widespotians to leave her alone. :D

I've also been slowly relocating the playable families into houses that I built for them. I spent four hours yesterday building and decorating a new house for the Manns. I'm just now playing each household for a second day, and holy cow. Layers and layers of drama here. It's all Game of Sim Thrones up in this hood. I love it. Peni is a genius, seriously.
#203 Old 6th May 2013 at 7:51 PM
Default Family Album Covers:

Mad Poster
#204 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:09 PM
Whhaaaa! I wanna be able to make pretty pictures! But I'll leave it to the pros. And are we going to be able to LOOK at these albums?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#205 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Whhaaaa! I wanna be able to make pretty pictures! But I'll leave it to the pros. And are we going to be able to LOOK at these albums?

Well, the pictures were really made with Microsoft Powerpoint 2010.

Yes, you are going to view these albums, when the last family reaches at least 50 images or when there is a good stopping point. At that time, all I have to do is put them in Powerpoint slideshows.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 6th May 2013 at 8:37 PM
Unfortunately I can't see the inset pictures, some of which come from the storyteller folder and some not. For unfamiliar ones, it's hard to catch details. Harts in single beds? That's weirding me out. But I see Angel haunted. And where's the rest of the Beech family? Oh, no, did Sandy do something rash?!

Hardly a genius, Queztlkotl, but thank you for your good opinion. The crucial thing was to know when to stop and turn it over to the players, who are the ones who make or break the neighborhood.

I drafted a Widespot RFD thread this morning and tomorrow I'll proofread and submit. No difficulties anticipated - unless I do something stupid in the course of submission, hence the 24-hour delay. It's amazing the embarrassing mistakes a 24-hour delay will spare you!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#207 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:18 PM Last edited by CrèmedelaCrème : 7th May 2013 at 4:18 PM. Reason: correct typo
Actually, the Hart family have no independent bedrooms for each member of the household. The entire upper story is empty, and the walls and floors are plain and drabby. I sold some of the furniture and got some excess money from it. Instead of independent bedrooms, they now have a big dormitory (used to be the game room) in their house that allows 4 individuals. I actually like family members having separate beds (safer in case two of them start hating each other), and I reserve double beds for married couples. Besides, in Spanish, the Spanish word for "double bed" is una cama doble or una cama matrimonial. Now, una cama matrimonial also means "marriage bed", so it would make sense to reserve the marriage bed for marriage.
Mad Poster
#208 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
Well, the pictures were really made with Microsoft Powerpoint 2010.

Yes, you are going to view these albums, when the last family reaches at least 50 images or when there is a good stopping point. At that time, all I have to do is put them in Powerpoint slideshows.

I gave you a "funny" because me and powerpoint -

Instructor
#209 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:19 PM
There is some kind of free PPT viewer which you can download for free and watch PPT presentations on.
#210 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:56 PM
The Powerpoint presentations are going to be uploaded online, maybe through Slideshare or something, so you don't have to have Powerpoint. It's online. So, unless you want to download it, you don't need Powerpoint.
Mad Poster
#211 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fruitsymphony
There is some kind of free PPT viewer which you can download for free and watch PPT presentations on.

Actually, I don't WANT to learn power point because my husband would make me do presentations for him; he keeps talking about learning/getting it, but I know he won't - he even more of an old curmudgeon than ME!

Mad Poster
#212 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
The Powerpoint presentations are going to be uploaded online, maybe through Slideshare or something, so you don't have to have Powerpoint. It's online. So, unless you want to download it, you don't need Powerpoint.

Am assuming you mean I don't need to download Powerpoint to be able to VIEW a powerpoint? That makes sense to me, unless that IS NOT what you mean.

#213 Old 9th May 2013 at 1:37 AM
I'm sure that Slideshare or Google Docs is viewable on any computer with Internet access. No Powerpoint.
Field Researcher
#214 Old 10th May 2013 at 4:57 PM
I ADORE Widespot, I love playing these sims, I've added a few of my own and so far played through uni with most of the widespot teens, Virginia Beech & Woody Weiss are still together, currently engaged and trying to have a baby (tried 3 times so far and nothing) those two are possibly my favorite sims ever, and I dont think I can ever stop playing them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a pic or a link to some pictures but I have a few of these two if anyones interested, love this hood.
Mad Poster
#215 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:02 PM
I love seeing Widespot pictures! Over here in the main forum you can post one or two at a time, but it's best to hide them under spoiler tags so they don't become an annoyance every time someone opens the thread, or you can post links, or there's a Picture subforum where you can post up to four at a time. I'm glad you like it so much.

The first time I saw Virginia's face in CAS I said to myself: "Everybody but Aegagropilon and I are going to think that's awful but I have to keep that face!" And it turns out I underestimated practically everybody and most people think she's cute! Her and Woody's genes should be a gift that keeps on giving, too - the enormous Weiss honker on that itty bitty Beech face - plus Skye was a redhead so Woody's got a red recessive - anyway, share away!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kriskty
I ADORE Widespot, I love playing these sims, I've added a few of my own and so far played through uni with most of the widespot teens, Virginia Beech & Woody Weiss are still together, currently engaged and trying to have a baby (tried 3 times so far and nothing) those two are possibly my favorite sims ever, and I dont think I can ever stop playing them. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a pic or a link to some pictures but I have a few of these two if anyones interested, love this hood.

Sure thing! A bunch of us have been posting pics on tumblr too, tagged with Widespot. It's a lot of fun seeing all the different directions people take the characters.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:14 PM
And I'm making a habit of following and reblogging anybody I find with Widespot pictures on tumbler, so let me know about them! The tags don't always work properly, alas.

Field Researcher
#218 Old 12th May 2013 at 6:36 PM
Sorry I haven't posted any pictures on your tumblr in a while, Peni. I am still in the process of trying to get all of my pictures organized. I will try to get some of them on there soon.

Here’s an update on what’s going on in my game.

Weiss - Skye got a promotion. I added a second bedroom and a bathroom on the second floor. I’m sure Skye appreciates it because now he has his own space again. He was sharing his bedroom with Woody for a while after the baby was born. I wanted to keep the baby in the bedroom on the bottom floor with Penny so I don’t have to deal with making them bring the baby up and down the stairs.

Land - Beulah and Homer both got promotions. River aged up to a teen. I gave him the knowledge aspiration. Scot had his first kiss with a townie teen girl that one of them brought home from school. Dixie has a couple more days until she ages up to an adult, so I am excited that I will be able to send her to college soon. I am looking forward to playing University.

Mann - Rich and Lana seem like a happy couple. They like to woohoo often and even when they aren’t doing it, they are always thinking about it. Junior got a job in the Oceanography career and he already got a promotion. I had him invite Candy Hart over, which probably wasn’t the wisest idea. They went straight to the hot tub to woohoo. I was worried that he might end up wanting to get engaged to Candy, too, but luckily that didn’t happen. For now he is still planning to marry Mary.

Hart – Some interesting things happened at this house, but I’ll get to that later. I want to start by mentioning that Rhett and Candy both finally bought new clothes and cell phones. I also made Candy buy some toddler clothes for her daughter since the baby will be growing up soon. Later, Sandy Beech came over for a visit. Rhett greeted her, but he didn’t get to spend much time with her since he had to leave for work. Goldie came home from school with an A. She ran into her dad’s bedroom to tell him, but he was sleeping. I made him wake up, but he couldn’t get out of the bed because Goldie was standing right next to it. He cheered for her after she moved and he was able to get out of the bed. Later that night Angel’s ghost came out. She scared poor Sandy, who I kind of forgot was still there. I saw it happen from a distance. I think I was focusing on Candy feeding the baby at the time. Sandy went home after Angel scared the daylights out of her. I’ll have to remember to look at Sandy’s memories when I play the Beech family later. The strangest thing that happened with the Hart family is that Valentine booty called Penny. They went directly to the hot tub to woohoo when she got there. I know it’s not really that strange considering that I have acr in my game. What makes it kind of strange to me is the fact that they were only friends before that happened. I thought sims would only booty call sims that they have woohooed with before. I guess I still have much to learn about acr. The other weird thing that happened later is that Valentine tried to give Penny a backrub and she rejected him. Then he tried to flirt with her and she rejected him again. I felt kind of bad for Valentine. Penny is a fickle woman. She had no problem woohooing with him. Maybe she only used Valentine to get Rhett’s attention. It must have worked, because Rhett booty called her the next day. She didn’t reject any of Rhett’s romantic interactions.

Here's a picture. It's kind of scary so I am warning everyone to only click on it if you're brave. lol

Mad Poster
#219 Old 17th May 2013 at 7:35 PM
I have done so much, have such involved stories, I should post somewhere - (used to be able to do albums on photobucket, but everything just seems like too much work. Maybe I'll just post some pictures I like.

Mad Poster
#220 Old 25th May 2013 at 1:06 PM
You can also just tell the story; I'm fine with that. Though I'm finding it fun to see makeovers, the effects of different defaults, and other subtle visual effects compared to my game, what I care most about will always be stories, myself.

And Widespot RFD is here! I am insufferably pleased with myself.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=502599

Mad Poster
#221 Old 25th May 2013 at 11:14 PM
Holy sub-hood batman! This is toooo cool!

Mad Poster
#222 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:02 AM
Mad Poster
#223 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:58 AM
RFD = Rural Free Delivery. It refers to the two options for rural people getting mail. Depending on their designation, they either have to rent a post office box and go there to get mail, or they're on Rural Free Delivery and can put a mailbox down on whatever road provides access to their property and have it delivered there. My gramma lived in a small town where most of the people in the town center, who lived at most a five-minute walk from the post office, had boxes, but people on the fringes of town and on the nearby farms were on RFD.

I figure if nothing else the designation will remind people of "Mayberry RFD," where Sheriff Andy, Deputy Barney, Aunt Bea, and Opie lived. Though Widespot is kind of an anti-Mayberry. (Wouldn't it have been awesome if Sheriff Andy had to deal with a hermit having alien babies though?)

Site Helper
#224 Old 26th May 2013 at 2:57 AM
Why isn't the new subhood showing up under recent Sims 2 downloads?
Top Secret Researcher
#225 Old 26th May 2013 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Why isn't the new subhood showing up under recent Sims 2 downloads?

A surge of new downloads pushed it to the second page.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Page 9 of 32