Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Shorter Teens

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th May 2020 at 3:23 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2023 at 6:43 PM by Menaceman44 : Additional Info

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Test Subject
#126 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 9:00 PM
Default One of My Favorite Mods

First off, I love this mod soooo much. Thank you for making it. I've noticed lately though that it doesn't seem to be working in my game. My newer teens are no longer auto-sizing down and the older ones are getting stuck short even as an adult. I miss the mod and I hope it works again for me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#127 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 4:41 AM
MMautoShorterTeensShortest is working, the default main file isn't.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 4:54 AM
Installing Luumia's high slider, taking it out, and then installing any of the auto presets here fails. I had to go into cas, set the teen to child, exit cas, re-enter cas, and set the sim to teen again for the auto preset (shortest) to work. Spoke with Turbo Driver, her mod only works with Luumia's height slider and similar, which is a shame. Too bad Luumia's height slider requires manual intervention on every teen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#129 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xordevoreaux
Installing Luumia's high slider, taking it out, and then installing any of the auto presets here fails. I had to go into cas, set the teen to child, exit cas, re-enter cas, and set the sim to teen again for the auto preset (shortest) to work. Spoke with Turbo Driver, her mod only works with Luumia's height slider and similar, which is a shame. Too bad Luumia's height slider requires manual intervention on every teen.

This sounds correct.
Existing Teens will not automatically become shorter just by using this mod. This mod should make newly created or aged Teens shorter automatically. That's why setting them to Child and then back to Teen did work for you.
Although I do explain all of this on the first post and simply swapping their gender setting then switching it back in CAS should be enough to correct the height of existing Teens.
I still need to take a look though as I have now had multiple reports of this no longer working so I need to check if EA changed something I wasn't aware of.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 6:06 AM
Default Good work!
A user had brought up that the height difference between teens and adults isn't huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXJTxPPnZ8

Can you change the height of teens:

Teens should be more shorter but not too short. Short enough to make the height difference between adults and teens more noticeable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
A user had brought up that the height difference between teens and adults isn't huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXJTxPPnZ8

Can you change the height of teens:

Teens should be more shorter but not too short. Short enough to make the height difference between adults and teens more noticeable.

Which version of the mod have you tried? There is the standard AutoShorterTeens which was shown in the video you link to, and then I made a newer version called AutoShorterTeensShortest which sets the Teens to the shortest they can go with this mod which is much more obvious.

Lab Assistant
#132 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Which version of the mod have you tried? There is the standard AutoShorterTeens which was shown in the video you link to, and then I made a newer version called AutoShorterTeensShortest which sets the Teens to the shortest they can go with this mod which is much more obvious.

Oh I haven't tried any mod. I just noticed the newer mod. Thank you for the response!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 9:37 PM
Holy, you're a literal lifesaver! Now I can finally have shorter teens. Omfg. I love you so much.
Test Subject
#134 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 1:52 AM
Does this still work?
Test Subject
#135 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 10:49 AM
yes, it's working fine in my game

edit: I thought maybe I should be more specific, just in case... So, I'm using the shortest option. It works great, but I can't verify the others.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#136 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CataSweetSunshine
Does this still work?

Unless EA changes how the game generates Sims then this should still function. It should only need updating if new life states are added to the game.

Lab Assistant
#137 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 12:14 PM
The patch on the 7th apparently killed CAS-based sliders. Did this mod survive it? My fingers are crossed it did (except not literally because coffee needs drinking)

= luthienrising (on the Forums and AHQ)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 11:59 PM
While I haven't got around to checking this in my own game yet, I can at least tell you that all of the sliders I use in my game are working perfectly fine. The only sliders I have heard anything about being broken are some specific breast sliders.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 6:20 PM
thank you for this amazing and useful mod
Test Subject
#140 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 7:19 PM
While I haven't got around to checking this in my own game yet, I can at least tell you that all of the sliders I use in my game are working perfectly fine. The only sliders I have heard anything about being broken are some specific breast sliders.

My young adult is still short. I haven't noticed it on any other sims though.

The search engine that woks for you, Swagbucks !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#141 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenity119
My young adult is still short. I haven't noticed it on any other sims though.

Did they age up while you were playing them or were they on another lot at the time? I can't see why this would make a diference but the more info I have the better.

Test Subject
#142 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:30 PM
Did they age up while you were playing them or were they on another lot at the time? I can't see why this would make a diference but the more info I have the better.

They aged up while I was playing them.

The search engine that woks for you, Swagbucks !
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 10:02 AM
I'm not sure if I want shorter or shortest. Could you demonstrate the height difference between default, shorter, and shortest side by side?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#144 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mizuki_Ukitake
I'm not sure if I want shorter or shortest. Could you demonstrate the height difference between default, shorter, and shortest side by side?

Good point. I'll try and update the post soon with a comparison shot. I'll make sure the files are still up to date while I'm at it.
Be aware that the current screenshots, at the time of you asking and me replying now, are of the regualr "shorter" version compared to an Adult.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 11:12 AM
So cool!!! Thanks :D
Test Subject
#146 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:50 AM
This looks great! One question though, will it mark up households as custom content in the gallery if you have a shorter teen in it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#147 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Munchkin
This looks great! One question though, will it mark up households as custom content in the gallery if you have a shorter teen in it?

I'm afraid it will. So if you plan on sharing the households you create I would recommend removing this mod before you attempt to save and share the Sims to the Gallery.
As it applies a custom modifier there is no real way around this.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#148 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 5:43 PM
Updated today to try and address the issue some players have experienced where Teens do not return to Adult height upon aging up. If you've had this issue in your game then please download the updated files and give them a try. It's a bit hit and miss from my end as I haven't experienced the issue in my own game so I'm just going on what I can see in the code.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#149 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 1:04 PM
Hi. I haven't tried modding this game and don't know much about the inner workings, yet. I am curious if you know if it is possible to create something like Consort's Grow mod for TS3? That mod made the sims grow by a percentage each night so they would get taller over time. It worked for children and teens. TS4's lack of height diversity really frustrates me and I'm reluctantly trying to figure out if it's even possible to fix it.

Thanks for this mod. I just found it today and I'm happy to have it added. I have a kid that's about to age up and I hated the idea of him going from a 10 year old to a 20 year old in a snap.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mstybl95
Hi. I haven't tried modding this game and don't know much about the inner workings, yet. I am curious if you know if it is possible to create something like Consort's Grow mod for TS3? That mod made the sims grow by a percentage each night so they would get taller over time. It worked for children and teens. TS4's lack of height diversity really frustrates me and I'm reluctantly trying to figure out if it's even possible to fix it.

Thanks for this mod. I just found it today and I'm happy to have it added. I have a kid that's about to age up and I hated the idea of him going from a 10 year old to a 20 year old in a snap.

I know the mod you mean. I never used it in my game but I looked into it at the time it was released.
Sadly, I don't have the technical or coding knowledge to say for certain if it would be possible for TS4 although theoretically I would think it could be done through a combination of custom modifiers and hidden buffs that get applied at different stages of a life stage.
I wish you the best of luck if you decide to dive in and take a look.

Page 6 of 12