Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 10
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#226 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 9:28 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 27th Sep 2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Fixed to re-add photo, which disappeared for some reason
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
How to get rid of this?

It's a female Sim

As described in the Overview page, you need to start with the default male Servo (don't do it by just using any random female sim), so that the skin is the right colour and his head is the right shape, then change him to female, and then change her into the female head/hair.

(It was a LONG time ago that I made this sim, but I think I remember having to do it that way in order to get the head into as correct a position as possible and cover the human neck - it was the best compromise I could figure out to do, without custom sliders which weren't available back then.)

If you do it that way, she should look like this - hope that works for you:
Screenshots
Instructor
THANKS POST
#227 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:33 PM Last edited by anie_1981 : 21st Sep 2012 at 2:25 PM.
Well I can't see the picture from your post, but I took a closer look on your pictures, from overview. This female also had this head part visible, only her skin color is the same as robot's head. I will rather use male robots.

Thanks for the Servo! I can use Live In Maid mod, and dress the maid in robot's clothing
Test Subject
#228 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:55 PM
I'm a little....adverse to the whole BoneHilda concept. Whilst I don't mind Bonehilda she's a little out of the ordinary for sims who aren't witches or lords of the undead. Would it be possible to make a robot version of bonehilda (hopefully without the whole "always tries to get Death's autograph" thing)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#229 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kavvanshrike
I'm a little....adverse to the whole BoneHilda concept. Whilst I don't mind Bonehilda she's a little out of the ordinary for sims who aren't witches or lords of the undead. Would it be possible to make a robot version of bonehilda (hopefully without the whole "always tries to get Death's autograph" thing)

Not sure what you mean - if you just mean is it possible to make her LOOK like a robot, you could take her into CAS with Twallan's Nraas Master Controller and have her wear the Servo head and body (although the head may not fit properly, as in the comments above). But if you mean make an actual robot version of her and change her interactions, I have no idea if it could be done (probably not), or how - it would be best to ask about that in the Modding Discussion forum, as it's beyond my own modding abilities.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 7:05 AM
you're such a genius it actually hurts my soul. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:16 PM
Wow, Thanks!
I will edit my SimBot and make it like Servo! :D
Test Subject
#232 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:08 PM
Can you make a version where the head is smaller for simbots (as simbots don't seem to have heads unless you change their hair) please?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#233 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:15 AM
Thank you, I missed servo! Simbot looks ugly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#234 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:51 PM
Hi i am new at putting mods in this is my first one. I extracted file into electronic arts - dowloads and i am not sure how you get it in game??

please answer simply i dont know anything technical
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#235 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WastedLite
Hi i am new at putting mods in this is my first one. I extracted file into electronic arts - dowloads and i am not sure how you get it in game??

please answer simply i dont know anything technical

'Electronic Arts\Downloads' is not where .package files or .sim files go. See my installation instructions under 'INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS' on this thread's main ('Overview') page (scroll about two-thirds down the page).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#236 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:33 PM
You should really make one of hese for todlers, children, and teenagers. Then, I would love this even more! Despite the fact I have never played the Sims 2 and don't know who he is.
THANKS POST
#237 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 9:34 AM
Cool !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#238 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:33 PM
My favorite robot in the sims universe, playing with him since "The Sims 1" then "Sims 2" and finally "Sims 3" ! :DDDD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#239 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:30 AM
Thanks, like others said; much nicer than the default Simbots. Of course the default Simbots are quite good for making a 50's style scary robot but not for a nice looking house slave to do the laundry.
Test Subject
#240 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:27 PM
Help please, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I put the "Servo_Male.sim" file in the "SavedSims" folder and when I restart the game Servo is not in the CAS/Premade Sims Bin.

Do I need to put these files somewhere? They ended in ".package" instead of ".sims3pack"... I tried putting them in both the "Downloads" folder AND "SavedSims" folders. I tried doing this w/ both ".package" and ".sims3pack" file extensions and it didn't change the fact that Servo does not appear where the directions say he should be.

FemaleServoHead_ByEsmeraldaFv3
MaleServoHead_ByEsmeraldaFv3
ServoBodyM+F_ByEsmeraldaFV2

Thank you to anyone who replies!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#241 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freebee2011
Help please, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I put the "Servo_Male.sim" file in the "SavedSims" folder and when I restart the game Servo is not in the CAS/Premade Sims Bin.

Do I need to put these files somewhere? They ended in ".package" instead of ".sims3pack"... I tried putting them in both the "Downloads" folder AND "SavedSims" folders. I tried doing this w/ both ".package" and ".sims3pack" file extensions and it didn't change the fact that Servo does not appear where the directions say he should be.

FemaleServoHead_ByEsmeraldaFv3
MaleServoHead_ByEsmeraldaFv3
ServoBodyM+F_ByEsmeraldaFV2

Thank you to anyone who replies!

Yes, you do need to put the .package files somewhere! But not in the Downloads folder or the SavedSims folder, nor should you change their extensions to "sims3pack", because then they won't work at all.

Just follow the instructions I gave on the Description page under "INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS", near the bottom of the page, where it says to put the .package files in the Mods\Packages folder.
Field Researcher
#242 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:08 AM
Update it for Into the Future?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#243 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 11:09 AM
Super,dzięki,żeby tylko mi działało
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#244 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dusty Hogg
Where are the heads? I guess I really shouldn't have waited.

As stated right there in the description, the heads are in CAS under Hat Hairs. (You did put the 'head' packages into your Mods\Packages folder, didn't you? Not in the Saved Sims folder?) Don't know what you mean by you 'really shouldn't have waited'??
Instructor
THANKS POST
#245 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 6:37 PM
@Esmeralda I read some of the comments and I just wanted to say that you are a talented creator and I appreciate our hard work! Life, simulation or not is too beautiful; don't let negativity get to you. Never!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#246 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:11 PM
YAY!!! I so missed Servo ty tyvm Esmeralda!!
Page 10 of 10