Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Want Chooser

by Lamare Posted 7th Jul 2022 at 5:12 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2023 at 4:45 PM by Lamare

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Mad Poster
#51 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I would play it safe and remove those other things before installing this and it looks like it fixes many of the want issues anyways.
@grammapat -I've been wanting the same thing because I always ated getting lifetime wants for careers when starting out a new town where nobody will be taking any jobs because the population in the new town is going to be very small for a long while yet.

Yes, for lots of reasons, I almost never leave LTW alone. And since I have my own "logic" as to what a Sim should have, I have mods that let me pick (the hard way, without THIS mod), that reduce the number-related LTW (as, have 30 best friend pets). So I need this one, plus one that reduces those numbers. Also: when a Sim ages to teen IF they are going to college they get an aspiration of Friends or Romance. Then before they leave college I change their LTW - they've grown up, made made friends, decided if they are gay, probably found a mate, and have decided on a career (LTW).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#52 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 3:32 PM Last edited by grammapat : 11th Jul 2022 at 4:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@grammapat, let's see.
- Boiling oil "wants & want tuning" - are these custom wants? I can't find info about this mod.

==
Not custom wants, it changes the way LTW will automatically come up
"unitws" is actually a package to change the amount or number of items required in the LTWs like "have 30 children". And the full name of the package is
"ltwnumbertweaks+unitws.package"
What I will do is remove everything, install this one. Then go on a hunt for mod that changes the LTW numbers.

just a girl
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 4:55 PM
First and Hopefully Last Update
Fixed a pre-FT compatibility issue. Thank you @trambling101 and @annegirl1321 for your reports! Let me know if it still gives errors.
Also fixed a minor thing in conditions for werewolves (interest requirement was applied to them and it shouldn't, they should be allowed to want to raise puppies and befriend pets regardless of interest).

@kaligi, Squinge's mod and uni_ltws_sns both have Uni LTWs. Since Pescado's mod also has Life Stories lifetime wants and you want them, keep it and remove Squinge's. If you keep Squinge's mod, Life Stories lifetime wants might not show up in your game (depends on load order). Make sure to get uni_ltws_sns for M&G, or at least for AL: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/samples/ts2/ (I don't see an M&G directory there, but there is AL). Cyjon's mods won't be compatible with the Chooser, you'll have to remove them. Put my two files from here in the same folder with uni_ltws_, rename my files using "zz" in the beginning to ensure the right load order, and that should do it!

@grammapat, but if you remove everything you'll loose Uni lifetime wants! Also, you already have a mod that changes LTW numbers, you might be able to keep it too. The mods that tweak the numbers (as, have 30 best friend pets) won't conflict with the chooser. University lifetime wants also won't conflict. The mods that change the way LTW will automatically come up (what I call prerequisites) WILL conflict. If some mod has a feature that conflicts and a feature that doesn't, and you'd like to take advantage of the one that doesn't, try the load order dance: rename the chooser to zz_chooser or something and let it override conflicting mod. Hope that helps.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#54 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 6:33 PM
@Lamare thank you
Field Researcher
#55 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 8:07 PM
Love this thank you! I've only used the choose from all option so far, but it worked great with my altered LTW mod (amount of lovers/children to college etc. lowered), I just made sure this mod loaded last
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 9:31 PM
Do you plan to add the University careers lifetime wants in a future update? Or do I need to download mods that already exist?
just a girl
Original Poster
#57 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 9:35 PM
@Nostural, I do plan to upload them, but to use the chooser, you don't necessarily need them or any other wants.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#58 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 11:07 PM
Now this is exciting!

Thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
#59 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sillysoraya
Love this thank you! I've only used the choose from all option so far, but it worked great with my altered LTW mod (amount of lovers/children to college etc. lowered), I just made sure this mod loaded last

What mod do you have that alters LTW amounts? I can't find one I like.

Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 1:13 AM
First and Hopefully Last Update
Fixed a pre-FT compatibility issue. Thank you @trambling101 and @annegirl1321 for your reports! Let me know if it still gives errors.
Also fixed a minor thing in conditions for werewolves (interest requirement was applied to them and it shouldn't, they should be allowed to want to raise puppies and befriend pets regardless of interest).

@grammapat, but if you remove everything you'll loose Uni lifetime wants! Also, you already have a mod that changes LTW numbers, you might be able to keep it too. The mods that tweak the numbers (as, have 30 best friend pets) won't conflict with the chooser. University lifetime wants also won't conflict. The mods that change the way LTW will automatically come up (what I call prerequisites) WILL conflict. If some mod has a feature that conflicts and a feature that doesn't, and you'd like to take advantage of the one that doesn't, try the load order dance: rename the chooser to zz_chooser or something and let it override conflicting mod. Hope that helps.

==
But post #57 you said Uni LTW would be available --yes? I'm looking for a mod the change LTW numbers. And I wondered about "renaming" - so I would ADD "zz" to the string of numbers and letters that is the "name"? Sounds like your thingy lets me choose any, from a list of ALL (except of course my many custom jobs). And I have been known to change aspirations, personality, and interests! If only I could find a mod that lets my total slobs, with no skills, few interests, and practically no personality, be HAPPY being filthy!

Field Researcher
#61 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
What mod do you have that alters LTW amounts? I can't find one I like.

I use this one here, and slightly amended a couple of them myself in SimPE
https://modthesims.info/d/283220/lt...05-02-2009.html
Then just renamed this LTW Chooser with zz at the front and all worked fine!
just a girl
Original Poster
#62 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
==
But post #57 you said Uni LTW would be available --yes?

True. But before that you should keep your file with Uni lifetime wants, so that your sims don’t loose memories about them if they have any.
About the “zz” I meant renaming the package file to affect load order if you have a mod that conflicts.
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:06 PM
Thank you, I've always wanted a mod like this! Is it possible for you to make a version that uses just a normal plant instead of a dreamcatcher?
Mad Poster
#64 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 12:13 AM
1) What are the 50 custom LTWs?

2) Is it going to be possible to install the 50 new LTWs without the LTW chooser or the check tree modifications?
just a girl
Original Poster
#65 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 5:15 AM
Hey, @kestrellyn
1) You can see the list it this document here, where some awesome people help translating them.
2) Yes.

@lumanaera, and what would be a normal plant according to you? It is possible, yes. I'm not promising, but I'll keep in mind this idea.
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 9:22 PM
Hey, @kestrellyn
1) You can see the list it this document here, where some awesome people help translating them.
2) Yes.

@lumanaera, and what would be a normal plant according to you? It is possible, yes. I'm not promising, but I'll keep in mind this idea.

a normal plant to me would be something like the Frost de Fleur Bud Vase (base game), BLADET 3 plant pots with 1 tray (ikea home stuff), No-Fuss Ficus (base game), or the Rubber Tree Plant (base game). you don't have to do all of those but i would like a plant that i can stick in a corner of any house or put on an end table in any house if you know what i mean
just a girl
Original Poster
#67 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumanaera
a normal plant to me would be something like the Frost de Fleur Bud Vase (base game), BLADET 3 plant pots with 1 tray (ikea home stuff), No-Fuss Ficus (base game), or the Rubber Tree Plant (base game). you don't have to do all of those but i would like a plant that i can stick in a corner of any house or put on an end table in any house if you know what i mean

Got it. I will consider making it a shapeshifter.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 8:31 PM
i expected to be able to find the actual mod for more custom LTW, but no. IS there such a thing? But they would not be available with this (or something else,like the Blender).

just a girl
Original Poster
#69 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 9:08 PM
@grammapat, there are very few custom LTWs out there (Rio made two). The Chooser is compatible with all LTWs that are known to me to this day, the full list is in the Supported wants section of this thread. My new set is in progress, I'll be uploading it in a week or two.

I will have to update it for each new want, hopefully there won't be too many of them
Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 10:26 AM
I think it'd be nice if it also had a randomizer function, such as "Randomize (among currently available)" and "Randomize (all LTWs)." That way we can still in a way have LTWvariety while using this mod by just randomizing by all LTWs once for each sim. (Ignore this if this is already a feature and I hadn't noticed somehow!)
just a girl
Original Poster
#71 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 3:06 PM
@airigh, the game randomizes sim's LTW by itself, the chooser doesn't stop that. If you mean an option to reroll, I could make it, although people probably have plenty of hacked objects that do that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 11:53 PM
Thank you!! Been wanting a mod like this for a long time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 7:27 PM
I've been needing a mod like this for thee longest time! This literally came at the right time because I got frustrated and lost interest in my game because I couldn't give my sims the LTW I wanted for them. Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 6:23 AM
This mod is just so unbelievably awesome!!!! I love it so much!! Thank you so much for your hard work Lamare!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 10:06 PM
at last, a very useful hack ! thanks !
Page 3 of 7