Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Blue Screen
Ok, so every time I start up Sims 3, after around 30 minutes to a half an hour of playing the game, the screen freezes, the sound stutters and blue screen pops up. I restarted my computer and went through this 6 times. I'm not sure what I could really do to help it because I'm not that smart with computers and hardware and whatnot. What I can tell you is that my computer is about two years old and we haven't gotten any hardware replaced since we bought it. Before the Sims 3, blue screen had never come up. I have no clue what's wrong. The first time it happened I thought my computer overheated. Now I'm not so sure about that. Can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
Can you post your full system specs, please? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Can you post your full system specs, please? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements

ah, right...
hm, I checked that, I don't have enough RAM, apparently. heh, is there anyway to fix that?

System RAM- 997.6 MB

Video RAM- 119.0 MB
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:14 AM
Can you please give your -full- system specs as detailed there?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:23 AM
Oh, I'm sorry ^^;
I checked 'em on EA, so I hope this is what you meant.

CPU- Intel Core2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz
CPU Speed- 1.86 GHz Performance Rated at 2.80 GHz
System RAM- 997.6 MB
Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)
Video Card- Intel GMA 3000
Video RAM- 119.0 MB
Sound Card- SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
Sound Card Driver- 5.10.5082.0

Again, sorry if that's not what you're looking for... I'm not sure how to check them another way...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:17 PM
Your computer is far too weak to be running TS3 - processor, RAM and graphics are all insufficient. You can try turning down all your ingame settings, improving your cooling, and killing any background tasks... but to be honest, I doubt it would work; and if it did then you would still be risking permanent damage to your computer by running TS3 on it.

HP posted a link to the system requirements for TS3; you can see that the numbers are quite a bit higher than yours.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:01 PM
hm. i checked on EA and it said that the only things that wouldn't work was the RAM, but, ok.
So, there's nothing I could do to fix this besides just getting a whole new computer or parts?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM
Your processor and graphics card are both the absolute minimum that might work if they were coupled with other, stronger hardware - which, of course, they're not in this case.
In addition, EA's guidelines are always ridiculously inaccurate - use ours instead.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
ok then =3
Thanks for the help, would getting new hardware fix the problem or is it not just that simple? Because, it sounds to me I'd basicly be rebuilding a whole computer if I did that...