Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 4:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAW crashes when saving
Hi, I'm currently having crash problems with create a world. It crashes when I try to save the world, and only says "create a world tool - beta has crashed!" with no additional message.
Also my system is not that bad, so I don't think it's because of my computer.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 9:06 PM
Create a world is broken for some of us (depending on patch level, I think).
A lot of saving and just getting edit in world to work is a huge pain. You must remove your cc folder and/or your store content for it to work.

There are other work arounds that you can find by searching the internet. Most help is available right from MTS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 6:01 AM
Thank you for the response! I tried deleting the caches and creating a new fresh Sims 3 folder, I only have essential mods installed (Nraas Master Controller, Late Night food truck unlockers, etc.) I have no store content. My patch level is 1.67 and I use SuperCaw.
It was working well until two days ago. It only causes problem when saving.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
Thank you for the response! I tried deleting the caches and creating a new fresh Sims 3 folder, I only have essential mods installed (Nraas Master Controller, Late Night food truck unlockers, etc.) I have no store content. My patch level is 1.67 and I use SuperCaw.
It was working well until two days ago. It only causes problem when saving.

Ok, a few questions. How much content is installed through your launcher? If you have a lot, look into converting your sims3pack files into .package files and merging them. It helps a lot. Don't merge counters or sets that include them as they break if converted. Also don't merge things like worlds or lots.

Try pulling your mods folder completely.

Do you have any CAS CC? If so pull it out anytime you're working on CAW projects and using EIG.

Are you using the "edit in game" feature at time of crash? If yes, do not do this. get your world to the point you need to start building lots (so get all terrain sculpting, painting etc, done, along with your trees and other landscaping, decor, spawners all that jazz),once your world is all but done except lots, export your world as is and install it. Build up your lots via an in game save completely separate from CAW. Save them to the bin, then go back into caw and open the world and plop the lots down where you want them. Save after every 3-4 (unless it's just crash crazy, then save after every 1-2). Then at least if it crashes, all you've lost is the time it takes to plop the lots down.

Also, if you're just in a lot building mood and your lot areas are relatively flat then you can make a builder worlds (just a flat world with a crapton of lots on various sizes) and build lots for your world whenever you want.

I also noticed you mentioned you're using SuperCAW. From what I understand about it is you should NOT be doing your main world building in super CAW. It is for the very end of your project for adding effects and things that are not available in the main CAW (Like the light for the lighthouse) because it is highly unstable and can cause corruption if over used. It's even advised that you save a fresh copy of your world save that is just for SCAW just to make sure your final world progress isn't lost.. So I would stop using super CAW and go back to basic CAW for now and see if that helps.

If it still crashes go back to a back up before it started crashing and try loading that into the regular CAW.

Final question. Does the program hard crash after the message? Or can you click OK and stays open with a big red X on the search box? If so, you can still save from here. I would use save as just to be safe, but this isn't a hard crash. The search box often crashes for me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 10:18 AM
Hi, I personally prefer .package files over S3packs, so I don't have any sims3packs installed at the moment. No CAS CC in mods folder or anything. Just the following (essentials for creating a city world I think):

-Bluefunk's late night food truck unlockers
-Nraas debug enabler, master controller, MC cheats, porter
-Shiftable Fog Emitter by Buckley
-Sims3Cri Late night shell catalog unlocker
-Velocitygrass_unlocked_simport_rewards

I use this mods for building lots. But I'll try to remove the folder completely.
It didn't cause any problem in Edit in Game (yet). Only when I try to make some changes in create a world and then try to save. Maybe it's the SuperCaw issue. I'll try switching back to normal CAW then report. My world is not really small at the moment, it has around 55 lots total, and a plenty of objects / trees. I don't want to abandon it :'(
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wasset-aseskara
Hi, I personally prefer .package files over S3packs, so I don't have any sims3packs installed at the moment. No CAS CC in mods folder or anything. Just the following (essentials for creating a city world I think):

-Bluefunk's late night food truck unlockers
-Nraas debug enabler, master controller, MC cheats, porter
-Shiftable Fog Emitter by Buckley
-Sims3Cri Late night shell catalog unlocker
-Velocitygrass_unlocked_simport_rewards

I use this mods for building lots. But I'll try to remove the folder completely.
It didn't cause any problem in Edit in Game (yet). Only when I try to make some changes in create a world and then try to save. Maybe it's the SuperCaw issue. I'll try switching back to normal CAW then report. My world is not really small at the moment, it has around 55 lots total, and a plenty of objects / trees. I don't want to abandon it :'(

If all else fails you can always access the back ups! Best of luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 7:30 AM
I tried to switch to normal CAW, no crashing for now. Thank you everyone! ^^