Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 10:33 AM Last edited by GrimPixls : 23rd Feb 2020 at 3:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [SOLVED]Cannot install Ambitions and Showtime to the same installation folder?
Cannot install Ambitions and Showtime to the same installation folder?
So, I want to start out by saying my PC is plenty capable of running TS3, even with CC & Mods and has been for ages. My specs are below.

GTX 1060 (3GB)
i-5 8400 Coffee Lake
16 GB RAM
1TB HDD
500GB HyperX SSD

I would also like to point out that, at one point I had all my sims 3 packs on my HDD. Loading was slow, so I switched it to my SSD... Even my documents folder, is on my SSD.

When I install Showtime, it goes just fine. Mind you, I bought these game packs outside origin (and have receipts/valid game codes) so I cannot just download them thru origin.

The trick, however, is trying to install Ambitions (or vise vera, install amb for showtime to throw a fit) and it tells me (while looking at the AMBITIONS INSTALL SHIELD WIZARD) "The sims 3 showtime is already installed to D:\Origin Games\The Sims 3. Please choose another installation folder."

Any other folder I put it in, will not recognize that it is installed. Putting them on my HDD works just fine. Installing them to the GAME folder, will not allow my launcher to be functional.

I have contacted the retailer, and no response (its been nearly two years since I've bought the darn things). I've searched the Internets, and asked my fellow sims 3 lovers on Twitter for advice, and nothing. Does ANYONE know what the heck the deal is, or how to fix it? Would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 2:27 PM
I've seen this reported on before and I know there is a solution for it that is really quite simple, but I've never had a retail disc install myself and I can't remember exactly how the solution goes. To save some time, this would be a good place to ask the question unless someone comes forward here sooner with the correct answer:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...bd-p/the-sims-3

But if the retail discs (these are indeed discs, and not some form of download?) are legitimate and had no prior owner, then the games should be able to be registered on the older TS3 website and an Origin installation should then be feasible through which you should only have to designate the D drive location once.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I've seen this reported on before and I know there is a solution for it that is really quite simple, but I've never had a retail disc install myself and I can't remember exactly how the solution goes. To save some time, this would be a good place to ask the question unless someone comes forward here sooner with the correct answer:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...bd-p/the-sims-3

But if the retail discs (these are indeed discs, and not some form of download?) are legitimate and had no prior owner, then the games should be able to be registered on the older TS3 website and an Origin installation should then be feasible through which you should only have to designate the D drive location once.

Thank you loads! For some reason even though I have it verified on the website it just wouldn’t function on my SSD. I did however, install it to my HDD and see what it would do and it is now registering as installed and showing in my launcher. Odd, but hey it works! Thank you for the help, I never thought of doing it through the website!