Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 10:43 PM
Default Install limits?
Is there a limit to how many times the install key of a TS3 disc game can be used? And is there a way to check whether it's been redeemed on Origin without registering it myself?

I have a large collection of TS3 expansions that I bought secondhand and now want to pass on to someone who will enjoy them. I've only installed each game once and I didn't register them with Origin, but I have no way of knowing what the original owner did. I just want to make sure I'm not gifting discs that turn out to be unusable.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 9:50 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 22nd Apr 2020 at 10:31 PM.
I don't know a way to check if expansion has been registered before on Origin without trying to register it. I think you can install all the main expansions offline with a disc version and product key. I think some of the worlds required going online to get even with disc (dragon valley/hidden springs/monte vista/not sure about barnacle bay) so those might have issue of being unusable if they have been registered before. The ones you can reinstall on your computer without going online(and without Origin) should all be OK I think to gift.