Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 10:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Saving Forever After Editing University Student Union
The student union in University is franky horrible, so I decided to edit it by doing "testingcheatsenabled true" > right clicking on the ground > Build on this lot. Everything went smoothly until I tried to save. The screen just got stuck on saving. I left it for 20 minutes and it was still saving. The game didn't crash or hang, but I had to force quit it. Haven't had this issue with other lots.

I'm not sure what caused the issue:
  • A mod? - Can't really figure out which one unless I have to go through each one, and I have a ton.
  • Public room markers? - Some already existed on the lot and I left them alone.
  • Active household? - I edited the lot while I had 2 sims attending university. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that?
If anyone has experienced the same issue or has any idea on what caused it, please let me know.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 11:49 AM
Hi!

I've had that happen to me in the exact same situation, but I was editing in Edit Town. It definitely could be because of a borked mod or CC (that tends to appear as a cause on the threads I've searched on the net); but it could also be because of the Public Room Markers. They seem to be glitchy.

My guess is that it most probably could have been an error on the memory of the game. I've read somewhere on this forum that that tends to cause problems wile playing and saving (the same happens to a degree on TS1 and TS2). Were you editing at the start of a play session or after having played for a while? Editing big lots seems to work better right after booting the game. My suggestion is that you edit it again on a recently started game and save little by little, not after a long stretch of time playing.

Don't know if that'll help; let's see if someone with a better understanding of the game can be clearer. Hope you can make it work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:06 PM
Thanks for replying!

I tried editing both at the start of a session and after around 6 or 7 hours of another session. I'll try deleting the content and mods I downloaded in between my last save and the time I started working on the student union to see if that makes a difference.

I also realized I tried to save when I the student union was mostly empty. Maybe I should add the items needed for my sims' classes like the podium, board, etc. before saving so that it doesn't break the game.

I'll try these out later. If nothing works, I guess the student union's going to stay ugly. Haha.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:42 PM
You're welcome! Hope you find a way to make it work. Anyways, stay tuned in this thread in case anyone more knowlodgeable of TS3 inner workings has a better reply!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 5:05 PM
I've had this happen after acquiring some custom/store content. The save just spins and spins and then you have to use task manager to close it out.
I fixed this by adding store content fix mod. I'm not sure exactly which one did the trick, I think I put in all that I could find but I do remember following this page. https://illyiannasblog.wordpress.co...re-content-fix/
I've had no problems since.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 8:09 PM Last edited by apollozaibatsu : 22nd Aug 2020 at 9:01 PM.
Come to think of it, I did install those before the saving issue, but I got the files from a different source. I'll try this one to see if it works. Thanks!

Update:
  • I downloaded the files and followed the instructions
  • I moved the lectern from the 1st floor of the student union to the 2nd and saved. No issues!
  • I cleared out the entire building including the room markers. Also saved like a charm!
Look like this is working so far. Thank you so much! If the issue does happen again, I'll post an update. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 11:46 PM
Ok so the saving thing happened again. I added public room markers (debug item), and it looks like that caused the issue. Maybe because they're not meant to be on community lots. I'll give it another go without them and report back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:31 AM
Thanks for the tips. I tried again without any debug objects and the game saves just fine now.