Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 7:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default My game is not loading!!
I need bigtime help. So I added some new downloads to my game yesterday, booted it and played it just fine as always. I kept my pc in sleep mode with the game still in background paused. Today I went to play, a little in playing the game crashed. Then I went to restart it from the launcher. It then went to the black screen just before it does the maxis logo, however then it just stayed there, not responding. It was for almost ten minutes, this has never happened before. I tried to play the download removal game and removed some downloads putting them back, While doing so found the game would load ok sometimes, but other times not even when the same downloads were in before letting it load ok. The download method did not work as it could not be traced to a single download. I know that sometimes especially with a lot of content when a game crashes it can take longer to load up the next time? That's all I can think of I am very frustrated right now...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
I need bigtime help. So I added some new downloads to my game yesterday, booted it and played it just fine as always. I kept my pc in sleep mode with the game still in background paused. Today I went to play, a little in playing the game crashed. Then I went to restart it from the launcher. It then went to the black screen just before it does the maxis logo, however then it just stayed there, not responding. It was for almost ten minutes, this has never happened before. I tried to play the download removal game and removed some downloads putting them back, While doing so found the game would load ok sometimes, but other times not even when the same downloads were in before letting it load ok. The download method did not work as it could not be traced to a single download. I know that sometimes especially with a lot of content when a game crashes it can take longer to load up the next time? That's all I can think of I am very frustrated right now...

Clear your caches first. Did you clear out the stuff in CurrentGame.sims3? If it crashed, you need to do that first.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files <--- this will show you which cache files to delete.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...shing_Checklist <---- you can also go through this to see if you can fix the problem this way.

Usually crashes are one of a couple things - not enough memory, graphics issues, bad cc or simply not clearing the CurrentGame folder after a crash.

In the second link, there is a way to bypass the Launcher to start your game, which I highly recommend.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13